Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would Trump's tax situation effect your vote?
Yes 26 27.08%
No 68 70.83%
Not sure 2 2.08%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 12:58 PM

18,050 posts, read 27,503,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
If you assume that the NY Times story about Trump's tax situation is true, would it affect your decision whether or not to vote for him?

Specifically, they're alleging that he took a huge tax loss back in the '90's which allowed him to counterbalance huge amounts of future income. Everyone is acknowledging that this appears to be completely legal
The way I see it, Trump lost his money, Hilary will try and lose yours and mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Seniors very much depend on working Americans and our taxes money for their survival.
Ha ha, silly libs.

Seniors do NOT rely on our tax dollars, they rely on a lifetime of their own tax dollars that they've been paying all along.

I pay into medicare for my future, not my parents' future.

My parents already paid into their own care many years ago.

If a crooked government squandered the money, that's our fault too... for electing all of these crooked libs into office.

Quote:
Trump didn't lose a penny. He took it out in taxes and further made his company buy his failing other companies. Trump didn't lose a cent but American taxpayers did.
Wow, you do like the kool-aid, huh?

Well you libs have been in office 16 out of the last 24 years. How's your plan working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The way I see it is Hillary wants to raise taxes on INCOME claiming that they are raising taxes on the rich but if people would open their eyes they would see that the rich can get around higher taxes where we can't so much.

If Hillary doesn't understand the difference between high income, wealth and is willing to mislead people about taxes, she has no business being a president.
Oh, she understands it all very well, she just don't give a bleep, and why should she?

Last edited by McGowdog; 10-04-2016 at 01:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2016, 01:01 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,740,166 times
Quote:
^^ and see how the left is fighting this. I worked in healthcare and I know how her push for Hillarycare effected patient care (in a bad way). Patient care should focus on the sick people, not the insurance company.

You're giving Hillary credit for trying but not for results.
Republicans focused on insurance companies and Republicans prevented Hillary from passing health coverage. Republicans oppose health coverage now, in the past and always. One woman faced down an entire party and they ripped her to shreds for trying. I've been impressed by that ever since. I was young and quite impressed by what she tried to do. No Republican, male or female has tried to do what Hillary did and I give her a mountain of credit for trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
The way I see it, Trump lost his money, Hilary will try and lose yours and mine.
Trump didn't lose a penny. He took it out in taxes and further made his company buy his failing other companies. Trump didn't lose a cent but American taxpayers did.

Old 10-04-2016, 01:01 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,207,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Hillary will extort our monies if elected to that chance imo.

Many people don't realize that when someone goes into a business it's called "a business venture" = not a positive guaranteed $ return.

Old 10-04-2016, 01:02 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,776,820 times
The way I see it is Hillary wants to raise taxes on INCOME claiming that they are raising taxes on the rich but if people would open their eyes they would see that the rich can get around higher taxes where we can't so much.

If Hillary doesn't understand the difference between high income, wealth and is willing to mislead people about taxes, she has no business being a president.

Old 10-04-2016, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Republicans focused on insurance companies and Republicans prevented Hillary from passing health coverage. Republicans oppose health coverage now, in the past and always. One woman faced down an entire party and they ripped her to shreds for trying. I've been impressed by that ever since. I was young and quite impressed by what she tried to do. No Republican, male or female has tried to do what Hillary did and I give her a mountain of credit for trying.

You're impressed by attempt but not by results. Believe me I know how it worsened patient care.

Old 10-04-2016, 01:04 PM

8,700 posts, read 11,099,735 times
Quote:
Trump didn't lose a cent but American taxpayers did.
than blame the system that our politicians created

Old 10-04-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Hillary will extort our monies if elected to that chance imo.

Many people don't realize that when someone goes into a business it's called "a business venture" = not a positive guaranteed $ return.
Venture.... a risky or daring journey or undertaking.

And regular people who need money to start or grow a business need capital. They don't have access to public funding (stock market) like big companies do so they try to get VENTURE CAPITAL.

People hammering Trump are just computer chair warriors for Hillary. Most never ran a business and if they try most fail.

Old 10-04-2016, 01:07 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,740,166 times
Quote:
You're impressed by attempt but not by results. Believe me I know how it worsened patient care.
Because insurance companies controlled care? That is on Republicans because insurance company lobbyists paid them to care. That is not on Hillary. I am amazed that you cannot make that connection. No Republican male or female has ever tried to do what Hillary did and she faced an onslaught. Those Republicans were taking insurance company money hand over fist and you blame Hillary for fighting for Americans? You definitely sound like a Trump supporter. By the way, in case you haven't heard, Trump thinks his daughter is really hot.

Old 10-04-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Because insurance companies controlled care? That is on Republicans because insurance company lobbyists paid them to care. That is not on Hillary. I am amazed that you cannot make that connection. No Republican male or female has ever tried to do what Hillary did and she faced an onslaught. Those Republicans were taking insurance company money hand over fist and you blame Hillary for fighting for Americans? You definitely sound like a Trump supporter. By the way, in case you haven't heard, Trump thinks his daughter is really hot.
Hillary's attempt turned it into insurance centric instead of patient centric, Then Obama finished the job

Old 10-04-2016, 01:17 PM

16,117 posts, read 10,790,938 times
Since Trump is the scum of the earth he simply continues to live up to my low expectations. I already assumed he was hiding the fact that he pays no taxes. It's a confirmatory revelation....though one I didn't need to have a low opinion of him. The fact that he lost almost a billion dollars also confirms that he is not the wondrous business person that his disciples think he is. His attitude, following Leona Helmsley, is that only little people pay taxes...and the revelations coming out about his foundation is that laws and regulations are for little people...he is above all of that. Trump's disciples say he is not part of the establishment....no, he sees himself as being above the establishment and not subject to the rules that govern commerce or social interaction. But he uses the establishment when he needs to be bailed out of some poor judgement predicament that he blunders into. He plays everybody as if they were fools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections