Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 08:07 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Hillary is only winning over the people not paying attention. She could have won me over too, except, she treated me like i was an idiot and born last night, you gotta do better if you want to get the votes of smart people.
Smart people look at the past 40 years of Trump's actions, not just the few months of his campaign, and can only conclude that he's a liar, a con-man, and far more impressed with himself than any reasonably intelligent person is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2016, 08:43 AM

247 posts, read 196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
You just undermined your entire post and your credibility with your little racist dog whistle...

And this is one of the few times where the use of the phrase "dog whistle" is actually appropriate and legitimately applies. You could have said a number of other things, you could have said "they won't be motivated enough" or "enthusiastic enough" to show up to the polls, but you specifically and purposely chose the phrase "will probably be feeling too lazy" while referring to black voters....
HAHA! Perfect example of a ******* falsely crying racism. Please enlighten the rest of us how you can possibly equate that to being racist?

Old 10-05-2016, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
Well then ignore that part if it offends your PC concience. What he says is mostly true. Black people went to the polls in droves to vote for the first black president while white voters were too lazy to go out and vote for romney.

Does that offend you in the same manor? Or is it only black people that trigger your social justice dog whistle?
This guy gets it. Some people are too ignorant and/or twisted in their little minds to understand the concept that when talking about a group and then making a comment about a behavior in a certain scenario, that it does not mean that it is a universal and/or even a racist label.

Indeed the irony is strong with this one and his/her social justice dog whistle.

Old 10-05-2016, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
It is a well known stereotype that "black people are lazy" and that's why the OP chose it.
OH REALLY? You know me that well to claim that I chose to use it. For your information, I wasn't aware of that stereotype and it had nothing to do with why I made the statement in the way I did. Another typical PC/liberal vomit making false judgments and acting that they know what someone was thinking, even more than the person thinking it.

Maybe give it up while you are behind, and don't start such attempted personal attack nonsense in the future while you are at it.

Old 10-05-2016, 09:08 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Hillary is only winning over the people not paying attention. She could have won me over too, except, she treated me like i was an idiot and born last night, you gotta do better if you want to get the votes of smart people.
Actually, she's doing pretty well among "smart" people. I know that some pretty dim people manage to graduate from college, but there's a reason we generally use "college-educated" as a proxy for people with above-average intelligence.

In the past, the college-educated is a demographic that has usually voted R in presidential elections. If I were an R strategist, I'd be more concerned long-term over Trump's loss of these folks than his loss of blacks and latinos.

Old 10-05-2016, 09:24 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Has anyone noticed that since Brit Hume replaced Greta, Fox News is filled with NeverTrumps?. They used to be contained on Kelly's show and Wallace's show (thankfully only once a week). It irks me to no end that they put a Democrat analyst on their shows to represent the Democrat view and they put a NeverTrump person on their show to "represent" the Republican point of view when they are discussing the election.

Old 10-05-2016, 10:29 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagle Sam 2016 View Post
An overblown, overhyped movement by the left that attempts to hide and suppress the fury of the silent majority and their passion to undo the damage that Obama has done to this country. Like Trump or not, they will vote for him over Hillary and push comes to shove, they will show up on election day. On the other hand, Democrats, mostly the blacks who have been let down by their false messiah have very little energy and enthusiasm for Hillary and will probably be feeling too lazy to make it to the polls on election day.
You must be snorting the same stuff that Trump does.

Old 10-05-2016, 01:15 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Trump supporters are a hoot! REALLY!

They just say the craziest things, but state them as a matter of fact, and expect the rest of the world to believe them. I like the recent declarations of Trump slaying it in the polls, hillarious.

Or "I've never heard black people called lazy, even though I surround myself in the worst offenders". LMAO.

Then today, the Trumeters talking about Kaine interrupted Pence 70 times. Jeez, if you are too lazy to make up your own complaint, AT LEAST change the numbers. That is worse plagiarism than Melania!

You guys are just too funny. Really. All I'm going to say is that if Hillary is as bad as you say, then it speaks volumes that you can't connect the dots and nail her on something, and it speaks even louder that you can't beat her at the polls.

Really, trying to even argue with you guys is silly. You do like Pence did last night. You ignore the facts, (some of you will) speak eloquently with lies, as if they were true, and go on your merry way digesting your own regurgitated koolaid.

WOW
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections