Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 07:44 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Hurricane Matthew is likely to impact the election. I'm betting Trump is going to fly down to Florida to try and gain political points by pretending to be concerned about the people impacted.
You can bet on it.

Didn't he show up with his Secret Service in Louisiana after the governor asked him to stay away so they could focus on the relief efforts?

I'm pretty sure I saw a photo op with him giving away Play-Doh and some other toys. Though I assume he also brought blankets, and socks, and so forth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2016, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Hillry cant even do that. She is too busy resting in an iron lung with a catherter in her mouth, the next debate is only 4 days away. Trump will attend 6 or 7 rockstar like rallies of 10,000 people plus, Hilly needs Kaine to stop off at Walgreens for a box of depends and Geritol

Never thought I write this, but posts like this are getting me to wonder whether there ought to be some sort of mental health exam before being allowed to vote.

Old 10-06-2016, 07:49 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Hurricane Matthew is likely to impact the election. I'm betting Trump is going to fly down to Florida to try and gain political points by pretending to be concerned about the people impacted.
If he comes to my neighborhood he better be ready for a swift kick in the nuts for his disrespect to POWS, for vets with PTSD, for Gold Star Families, and for the wide variety of other patriotic Americans.

Old 10-06-2016, 07:52 AM

16,279 posts, read 10,418,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
OMG you are so hilarious! Hold on to that moment as it will be the 1 min of hope of winning Florida with a number close to what you mention.

So far I have counted one pro Hillary sign and many Hillary for prison stickers aside from Trump signs!

Our office has 1 maybe vote for Hillary and everyone else is Trump all the way!

The Trump rally's were all full with enthusiastic Trump fans and unfortunately not everyone could get in and that many times over!

Keep dreaming...

Trump!
So your method for determining a winner is to count yard signs, rally enthusiasm and a poll of your office? How embarrassing. I live in rural of MD and judging from signs and conversations I had in my area I was pretty convinced that I was the only person in the entire room that was voting Democrat in the last 2 elections. Obama won Maryland with 62% vs. 36% in both elections.

Old 10-06-2016, 02:57 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Lot of Ms. Housekeepers, lot of Cuban-Americans, lot of folks who resent being called criminals and rapists... Who knew people would be so touchy?

Imagine plenty of them will make a point of voting.
Actually, Cuban Americans aren't the overwhelming majority of the Hispanic voters in Florida anymore. There's been a big increase in Puerto Ricans in Florida, especially in the last couple of years where many are leaving the island due to tough economic conditions there. Also, Puerto Ricans are US Citizens and they can instantly register to vote. Many of them live in central Florida, the I-4 corridor. They're not inclined to vote for Republicans much.

Even the Cuban American voters are less and less reliably Republican today compared with the past.

Old 10-06-2016, 04:03 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
That is totally not going to work. Palm Beach County needed supplies yesterday not tomorrow.

Bad neighbor Trump was nowhere in the vicinity of his home helping anyone with anything. That jerk could have been a hero by bringing in hard to find supplies yesterday or today, if he ever thought about anyone besides himself. Never even occurred to him, I'm sure. Water, bread, batteries and hurricane shutter bolts were nowhere to be found and neither was Trump.

He obviously could not care less about his neighbors as he is obviously not a man of the people.

Helicoptering in to Maralago with Play-Doh and water after the danger and shortages pass will not gain him any admirers here.

Floridians aren't that stupid. They know a photo op when they see one.

Old 10-06-2016, 04:05 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,288,918 times
Quote:
Never thought I write this, but posts like this are getting me to wonder whether there ought to be some sort of mental health exam before being allowed to vote.
Hell yes! That, and an IQ test should be mandatory.

Old 10-06-2016, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Hell yes! That, and an IQ test should be mandatory.
Have to disagree with you there, Cali Doll. I know a lot of people who wouldn't score too high on an IQ test yet have Trump's number.

Old 10-06-2016, 05:27 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,288,918 times
Quote:
Have to disagree with you there, Cali Doll. I know a lot of people who wouldn't score too high on an IQ test yet have Trump's number.

I stand corrected! Just implement the sanity check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections