Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 12:16 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times

Advertisements

A while back I thought Trump was our answer. Now after seeing him in action over the past 6 months, he's merely the lesser of two evils. I really thought he would have done a much better job of getting a good message out there.

Gary Johnson? Nope - he's as uninformed as Trump.

I'm wondering if the democrats are ever going to lose another national election. The demographics and everything else are all favorable. I guess it's possible that once the economy finally starts crashing, the dems could lose power. But who knows how long that is going to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 12:28 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
A while back I thought Trump was our answer. Now after seeing him in action over the past 6 months, he's merely the lesser of two evils. I really thought he would have done a much better job of getting a good message out there.

I'm wondering if the democrats are ever going to lose another national election. The demographics and everything else are all favorable. I guess it's possible that once the economy finally starts crashing, the dems could lose power. But who knows how long that is going to be.
Well, Trump is either the GOP's "best and brightest" - which doesn't say much for the other GOP candidates - or GOP voters are morons for putting forth such a buffoon - or maybe a bit of both.
Hillary had the highest negatives of any Presidential candidate, so what did those idiot GOP voters do? Why, they put forth a candidate with EVEN HIGHER negatives!!!!!!!

So, I'm not sure what other outcome one could reasonably expect from the election. It was pretty dumb to make Trump the nominee. His nomination pretty much ENSURED Hillary's election, that's why I've been cheering Trump on all through the primary with my "Go Trump Go - lead the GOP to destruction" cheer.

The truth is, the GOP deserved Trump. FOX News and other RWNJ sources have been fomenting panic, fear, racial hatred, xenophobia, and distrust in government/political system for years now in an effort to lure those types of radicals into the party to bolster the GOP vote - and finally all those whackjobs have taken over the party and put forth THEIR CANDIDATE as the face of the GOP. Trumps nomination is going to do long-lasting damage to the party. Just wait until after he loses in November. There's going to be a bloodbath in the GOP as the finger-pointing breaks out. It'll be soooooo much fun to watch - and every single bit of it will be well deserved.

Ken

Old 10-07-2016, 12:29 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
The Democrats are about to lose one in November. Trump has a message that the majority support and Hillary is pure poison and it doesn't take an "education" to see that!

Old 10-07-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
The Democrats are about to lose one in November. Trump has a message that the majority support and Hillary is pure poison and it doesn't take an "education" to see that!
Good luck with that.

Ken

Old 10-07-2016, 12:35 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
it doesn't take an "education" to see that!

LOL........I couldn't agree with you more.

Old 10-07-2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Well, Trump is either the GOP's "best and brightest" - which doesn't say much for the other GOP candidates - or GOP voters are morons for putting forth such a buffoon - or maybe a bit of both.
Hillary had the highest negatives of any Presidential candidate, so what did those idiot GOP voters do? Why, they put forth a candidate with EVEN HIGHER negatives!!!!!!!

So, I'm not sure what other outcome one could reasonably expect from the election. It was pretty dumb to make Trump the nominee. His nomination pretty much ENSURED Hillary's election, that's why I've been cheering Trump on all through the primary with my "Go Trump Go - lead the GOP to destruction" cheer.

The truth is, the GOP deserved Trump. FOX News and other RWNJ sources have been fomenting panic, fear, racial hatred, xenophobia, and distrust in government/political system for years now in an effort to lure those types of radicals into the party to bolster the GOP vote - and finally all those whackjobs have taken over the party and put forth THEIR CANDIDATE as the face of the GOP. Trumps nomination is going to do long-lasting damage to the party. Just wait until after he loses in November. There's going to be a bloodbath in the GOP as the finger-pointing breaks out. It'll be soooooo much fun to watch - and every single bit of it will be well deserved.

Ken
Wanting to stop ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION does not make one a racist.
That part of things --- Trump has correct.

Old 10-07-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Wanting to stop ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION does not make one a racist.
That part of things --- Trump has correct.
It's not JUST the ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. It's the belief that an AMERICAN BORN judge cannot be impartial because he happens to be HISPANIC, it's the desire to BAN an ENTIRE RELIGION from LEGALLY ENTERING the U.S., It's the constant degrading comments about the disabled, POWs and women, it's the fact that the KKK and neo-NAZI types so strongly support the guy.

Now YOU may not consider any of that racist - but a LOT of people do (especially folks in those specific groups). So again, either Trump is a racist or he's a total idiot for ticking all those other groups off with offhand snide remarks. Either way, it doesn't reflect well on Trump OR the GOP and those folks who pushed for Trump have ONLY THEMSELVES to blame for the disaster that's about to unfold on the GOP.

Ken

Old 10-07-2016, 12:50 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
Quote:

There's also another possibility: the GOP grows a brain and makes peace with minorities instead of endlessly bashing, insulting, and degrading them. We can't win presidential elections with just angry old White people anymore. Pretty soon - within the next decade - it will be at the point where the GOP won't even be able to control the Senate on just angry old White people either.

Also, the reality is that the only reason people are so bent out of shape about illegal immigrants is because many of them are Hispanic. If they were all White people fleeing from Canada it wouldent even be an issue. It's all about race. There is a very large segment within the GOP that simply cannot accept that someone can be both an ethnic/racial/religious minority and a proud, patriotic American too. They think American = White (and English only).

Old 10-07-2016, 01:03 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
It's not JUST the ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. It's the belief that an AMERICAN BORN judge cannot be impartial because he happens to be HISPANIC, it's the desire to BAN an ENTIRE RELIGION from LEGALLY ENTERING the U.S., It's the constant degrading comments about the disabled, POWs and women, it's the fact that the KKK and neo-NAZI types so strongly support the guy.

Now YOU may not consider any of that racist - but a LOT of people do (especially folks in those specific groups). So again, either Trump is a racist or he's a total idiot for ticking all those other groups off with offhand snide remarks. Either way, it doesn't reflect well on Trump OR the GOP and those folks who pushed for Trump have ONLY THEMSELVES to blame for the disaster that's about to unfold on the GOP.

Ken
You see this, BeerGeek? You see the hysterics going on in this post? This is what you'll get 24/7 if you give up and let Hillary win. This is what you will endure for at the very least 4 more years.

As for Trump, why not consider that this is about much more than Trump? We aren't simply voting for Trump, we are voting for (not directly) the SCJ, and we are voting to keep this kind of crap out of our lives. Victory drowns out hysterical screaming.

Old 10-07-2016, 01:11 PM

Wanting to stop refugees from middle eastern hell-holes, so we can find out who these people are first, and make sure we aren't letting in terrorists....ALSO DOES NOT MAKE ONE A RACIST. It makes one smart. Trump has this part of things correct too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections