Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 02:31 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times

Advertisements

No. There's nothing very damaging in them that's at all severe.
Some of the email is embarrassing, but nothing more than that.

If Trump had not shot his foot one more time, the email may have become an issue, but the possibility is gone now.

What's an embarrassment when compared to bragging about sexual assault?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2016, 02:46 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I hope you're joking. Are you telling me that there is no corruption in the GOP? It's obvious that Wikileaks has a personal vendetta against Hillary Clinton. After all, every so-called leak has been to undermine the DNC and Clinton, not Trump. Why?

As I've written before, it's disturbing that any U.S. citizen wouldn't question why Russia is interfering with U.S. politics and trying to slander a specific candidate who just happens to be Donald Trump's opponent.
Wikileaks has gone after Republicans (and you dems loved it then).

Wikileaks may release something about Trump, but the msm has already gone after Trump and dug up everything they can find.

The msm also violated the law by publishing unauthorized tax returns in an effort to influence the outcome of the election (again you dems loved it).

Old 10-08-2016, 02:47 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,377,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
No. There's nothing very damaging in them that's at all severe.
Some of the email is embarrassing, but nothing more than that.

If Trump had not shot his foot one more time, the email may have become an issue, but the possibility is gone now.

What's an embarrassment when compared to bragging about sexual assault?
In America, a sex scandal "trumps" an email scandal every time. Like the "rock, paper, scissors" game.

Old 10-08-2016, 02:54 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
I see no gotchas. These speeches don't hurt Hillary at all. She comes across as a reasonable person who see both sides, see the troubling growing wealth disparity, and urges Wall Street to be more transparent.
Which passages specifically in these leaks damages her?

Old 10-08-2016, 02:58 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,598,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by octo View Post
Republicans cried wolf way too often about Clinton emails. This won't go anywhere because it's been trotted out for way too long.

Really bad timing, in many ways LOL!
They ran the story too long. Same way all of Trumps comments eventually got diluted. I mean there's so many too remember. Same thing with the emails. Its been a storyline since what 2013 or 2014 already, no one cares

Old 10-08-2016, 03:39 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,799,876 times
I cant understand anything offense in them.

So she is admitting she is not as poor as she grew up.

Two incomes from successful lawyers and politicians holding high office is a lot different than her father raising a family selling drapery.

Old 10-08-2016, 03:41 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Hillary is in real trouble with Bernie supporters.

This election could already be over, and the dems are talking about locker room talk.
Although I disagree with this statement, I do admit that getting voters to the polls might be the biggest challenge for both candidates. I wonder if voter turnout this election will be lower than in 2012.

Regarding "locker room talk" we're not talking about college football players. We're listening to a 59 year old married man with a pregnant wife at home talking about trying to *F* a married woman. How can any real conservative defend this kind of lewd behavior?

Old 10-08-2016, 03:43 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Welp, she's officially been exposed for the world to see.

Does anyone think the dems were scared sh*tless that this leak would come?

Perhaps the Trump dirty talk was always in their back pocket as a desperate attempt at deflecting?

How does Hillary move forward in the world of politics now that she's been outed? Does this effectively end her career?
I think Trump saying he loves "*****" is worse.

Old 10-08-2016, 04:54 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,338,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
I see no gotchas. These speeches don't hurt Hillary at all. She comes across as a reasonable person who see both sides, see the troubling growing wealth disparity, and urges Wall Street to be more transparent.
Which passages specifically in these leaks damages her?
I don't get it either.

I'm not a big Hillary fan, but what is wrong in these emails? They all sound reasonable to me.

Old 10-08-2016, 05:53 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
I don't get it either.

I'm not a big Hillary fan, but what is wrong in these emails? They all sound reasonable to me.
You don't see a problem with Hillary reassuring Wall st, and the big banks that she is lying to the voters, and ensuring them she will continue to enrich them?

I bet Bernie supporters have a problem with that.

Hillary can kiss the Bernie supporters vote goodbye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections