Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2016, 12:00 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,980,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Wow, if Trump has been "shackled" all of this time, just imagine what an "unshackled" Trump is going to do! I just hope he gets the chance to tweet up a storm before one of his adult handlers manages to wrestle his phone away from him.

This is going to be fun.
He should feel unshackled to reveal what he knows about the Clintons, not to attack his own party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2016, 12:00 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,728,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
The GOP needs to be burnt to the ground. It's been corrupted by the DC establishment trash. I hope Trump destroys the entire party so the Ryan's, McConnells and Grahams are completely out of power. The GOP can become a rump party and something new can develop.
So do I....and that can only help his chances November 8th.

Old 10-11-2016, 12:03 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
This is an endorsement?
That's as good as it gets.

Old 10-11-2016, 12:04 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post

I'm angry. I'm feeling hopeless. I'm feeling a bit bamboozled by it all. I'm scared. Was Trump actually in this thing to give the victory to Hillary? Has America been bamboozled?

At some point, Trump had to choose which party's nomination to run for. Theoretically, he could have run as a conservative D, and he had to make a choice. It is common for presidential wanna-bes to commission some private polling early on, before they commit to such an arduous undertaking. I'm hardly in his inner circle, but I'd bet that he did that, and found out that registered Ds would not go for him, but registered Rs would. Because I assure you, had he tried for the D nomination, he wouldn't have won a single primary.

You might ask yourself why so many Rs were so eager to vote for a person who, in 30 years in the public eye, has shown himself to be so consistently crass and egotistical. It is NOT a secret, and never was - you didn't need Assange or anyone else to leak it, the evidence is readily available on youtube and in countless magazine and newspaper articles going back to the mid-80s. Why did YOU CHOOSE to ignore all that?

Old 10-11-2016, 12:12 PM

46,970 posts, read 26,018,521 times
He's been a model of restraint so far, hasn't he?

Old 10-11-2016, 12:13 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,456,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Because the Democratic party wouldn't have him. All the idiots who support Trump come from the right.
On the morning of November 9th, the deplorables will finally recognize the futility of backing The Don.

Old 10-11-2016, 12:16 PM

19,818 posts, read 9,381,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
Followed by one denouncing disloyal R's - all must bow down before President Trump

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...54588654092290
Although there are many differences between the two men, this reminded me of Nixon's final days in office. Reports said that he was sleepless, distraught -- and history has portrayed him as being one of the most -- if not THE most -- paranoid POTUS we have ever had.

Old 10-11-2016, 12:16 PM

46,970 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
He should feel unshackled to reveal what he knows about the Clintons, not to attack his own party.
Not his style, is it? And what the ever-lovin' does he know about the Clintons that 25 years of dedicated GOP muckraking hasn't found out?

Old 10-11-2016, 12:17 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
You can laugh all you want but the people are sick and tired of Washington insiders!
I laugh over people believing someone who has played the 'pay-to-play' game for many years, buying politicians when it suits isn't a Washington/Albany/City Hall insider. Would you have us believe people who buy and sell in the very same stock market are fundamentally different?

Old 10-11-2016, 12:18 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,903,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffer6583 View Post
Trump could've controlled the narrative if he just stayed on issues like security, trade, etc. the whole time. He keeps doing these really stupid, petty, childish attacks. His apology for the locker room talk was not sincere.

I don't want Clinton in the WH, but Trump is not the guy to lead the big change/revolution. He's not a true "outsider" anyway. Neither is Sanders for that matter.
He could never have controlled the narrative because he has no real interest in those topics.
He does those things because he IS stupid, petty, childish and also very vindictive (ask his ex wives and people who have turned against him in business) and a huge narcissist...

Why do you think Don Jr offered Kasich the VP spot and promised he would have more power than any other VP because his dad wouldn't really be running the government--he would be off making America great...
Think Caligula or Nero is more reflective of Trump's style---certainly not Marcus Aurelius...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections