Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 06:58 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,511 times

Advertisements

Why cant we still hold her accountable for her actions and demand change? Is it okay with Americans that her administration will dictate to the news what can and cannot be broadcast? Last I saw, we criticize Russia for having government run media. Is that not kinda like what we are dealing with?
I do not care where these emails came from, I care about what they disclose. So if HRC is destined to become our President, why is it wrong to vote for her AFTER this is all acknowledged, apologized for and CHANGED.
Why are so many people on here making excuses for the content of the emails? It so sad really. Fine, vote for her over Trump but at least acknowledge the faults that we are discovering and demand change to the current way our government works for us. All Americans, Democrats and Republicans, should use our voices together to get our government back to working for us instead of working for themselves and their interests on both sides of the aisle.
We are the losers in this. Instead of fighting each other we need to work together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 07:10 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Why cant we still hold her accountable for her actions and demand change? Is it okay with Americans that her administration will dictate to the news what can and cannot be broadcast? Last I saw, we criticize Russia for having government run media. Is that not kinda like what we are dealing with?
I do not care where these emails came from, I care about what they disclose. So if HRC is destined to become our President, why is it wrong to vote for her AFTER this is all acknowledged, apologized for and CHANGED.
Why are so many people on here making excuses for the content of the emails? It so sad really. Fine, vote for her over Trump but at least acknowledge the faults that we are discovering and demand change to the current way our government works for us. All Americans, Democrats and Republicans, should use our voices together to get our government back to working for us instead of working for themselves and their interests on both sides of the aisle.
We are the losers in this. Instead of fighting each other we need to work together.
Because if we do hold her accountable after she wins and they impeach her sorry butt she'll either refuse to leave like hubby Bill or we'll be stuck with Tim Kaine, who is just an idiot.

Yeah, this election no matter what the final outcome, we the American people are the losers. I have never felt this way before, not in all the decades I have voted in presidental elections.

Old 10-12-2016, 07:13 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Hillary has made it very clear that she will take everybody down with her, so they will never touch her.

Heck, Hillary publicly threatened people about her emails when she said many in the government knew what she was doing.

Old 10-12-2016, 07:20 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I have never felt this way before, not in all the decades I have voted in presidental elections.
Felt this way when Bush won. Then he proceeded to run the country into the ground.

Old 10-12-2016, 07:21 AM

1,050 posts, read 698,797 times
Quote:
Our only recourse is to vote, we really don't know what will happen

Old 10-12-2016, 07:23 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
That is a generalization not sure you are being forthright. The majority of Clinton voters are not giving her a free pass. They are just voting to ensure that Trump never gets to the seat of power. We can deal with Clinton. The hope is that the Republicans will bring someone decent in 2020 that is not a sociopath or a reality show star.

Old 10-12-2016, 07:24 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,972,454 times
Quote:
Do we also hold accountable the right media like Fox, conservative radio and websites like Breitbart and infowars? Or those don't matter because the Russians are not publishing emails from GOP and conservative leaders? Do you honestly think those are just publishing content without an agenda?

Controlling the media is nothing new and your candidate Trump has also been involved in it. It happens everywhere but in some places they don't even allow other media networks who challenge their leaders at all. Trump doesn't even hide the fact that he wants to even go further and censor his opposition.

From your favorite website and not some "biased" "government controlled network:

Donald Trump Threatens To Sue Media Outlets, ‘Open Up’ Libel Laws: ‘With Me, They’re Not Protected’
http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...not-protected/

Last edited by Sugah Ray; 10-12-2016 at 07:32 AM..

Old 10-12-2016, 07:24 AM

1,050 posts, read 698,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
That is a generalization not sure you are being forthright. The majority of Clinton voters are not giving her a free pass. They are just voting to ensure that Trump never gets to the seat of power. We can deal with Clinton. The hope is that the Republicans will bring someone decent in 2020 that is not a sociopath or a reality show star.
No room to talk, Ms. Clinton is no paragon of virtue

Old 10-12-2016, 07:27 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
So why don't we give her a chance? Partisan talking points aside, Clinton is a centrist, a moderate, who has a long history of working across the aisle to achieve common objectives. I really don't want another eight years of neglecting our issues from social security to the deficit, to decaying infrastructure, unaffordable healthcare, wealth inequality, trade inequities, and failed education. It's time to stop the knee-jerk "hating" and get on with working together as one nation again.

Old 10-12-2016, 07:30 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Do we also hold accountable the right media like Fox, conservative radio and websites like Breitbart and infowars? Or those don't matter because the Russians are not publishing emails from GOP and conservative leaders? Do you honestly think those are just publishing content without an agenda?

Controlling the media is nothing new and your candidate Trump doesn't even hide the fact that he wants to even go further and censor his opposition.
Sugah Ray: I am talking about ALL media when I say that government should not control the media. The media should be neutral and give us the news and let us decide. You are immediately turning this around to pin people against each other. By doing that you are part of the problem. I was clearly talking about both sides being wrong and you, again, immediately turn it into your side vs my side..
I am on the side of no more government corruption and us Americans working together to see that our children and grandchildren have a chance at a good life. Please do not turn this around. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections