Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 05:34 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,887 times

Advertisements

I've made no secret that I think Trump is a joke of a candidate and ridiculously unqualified to be POTUS.
I've also said that while I don't care for Hillary, I would vote for her as the lesser of two evils.

Hillary is starting to scare me with her hard line towards Russia!
With this train wreck of a presidential campaign, I've not noticed how much our relationship with Russia has deteriorated to where some say it's even worse than a new cold war and we are very close to a possible conflict. I blame the media for this as well for being so fixated on every damn thing Trump says or does that we don't get much reporting about this.

I really noticed her going after Russia in the last debate. She's known to be a hawk. I worry that if she gets in, she would spark a war with Russia. Trump is actually giving them the benefit of the doubt but then Trump would only be emotionally invested when someone insults him and so far, Russia hasn't, so that isn't really saying much.

I really thought Hillary was the safe, sane choice here and now I'm beginning to wonder.
I hope I am wrong about her but I wish she'd tone it down, calm things down and try to make peace instead of escalating it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 05:37 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times
Nothing can top Trump's sociopathic behavior. He is so vindictive and thin skinned, anything can unleash his desire to use nukes.

We must keep him off the ability to use nukes at all costs. We can only imagine what disasters could happen if he is insulted and nukes are on the table.

Most people want peace and do not want to suffer a nuclear Holocaust because of Trump's hurt feelings.

Old 10-12-2016, 05:45 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Nothing can top Trump's sociopathic behavior. He is so vindictive and thin skinned, anything can unleash his desire to use nukes.

We must keep him off the ability to use nukes at all costs. We can only imagine what disasters could happen if he is insulted and nukes are on the table.

Most people want peace and do not want to suffer a nuclear Holocaust because of Trump's hurt feelings.
Oh I agree! I'm not saying Trump is the better choice. I'm saying Hillary is starting to scare me too though.

Old 10-12-2016, 05:47 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:

So, you'd destroy our nation from the inside out on a "what if"? We KNOW the disasters Hillary has already had a hand in and we now know for a fact what future disasters she has planned.
Open Borders, One World Economy, Dumping our Currency for a EU style world currency and the list goes on.
Hillary defines the word "vindictive" and "sociopathic" in her quest for power/money. Just read and listen to the way she treats her staff,secret service agents and underlings.
If your boss treated you the way she treats people he/she would be up on charges so fast it'd be a record.

You want THAT?

Old 10-12-2016, 05:54 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
I've made no secret that I think Trump is a joke of a candidate and ridiculously unqualified to be POTUS.
I've also said that while I don't care for Hillary, I would vote for her as the lesser of two evils.

With this train wreck of a presidential campaign, I've not noticed how much our relationship with Russia has deteriorated to where some say it's even worse than a new cold war and we are very close to a possible conflict. I blame the media for this as well for being so fixated on every damn thing Trump says or does that we don't get much reporting about this.

I really noticed her going after Russia in the last debate. She's known to be a hawk. I worry that if she gets in, she would spark a war with Russia. Trump is actually giving them the benefit of the doubt but then Trump would only be emotionally invested when someone insults him and so far, Russia hasn't, so that isn't really saying much.

I really thought Hillary was the safe, sane choice here and now I'm beginning to wonder.
I hope I am wrong about her but I wish she'd tone it down, calm things down and try to make peace instead of escalating it.
You're starting to see the light. If you buy the narrative that Trump is a sociopath who'd use nukes if someone annoys him, ok, he's a big risk.

otoh, Clinton is an established hawk. Many progressive, peace oriented groups [such as Antiwar and Truth-Out] recognize her long record of supporting military interventions. She wants a No Fly zone in Syria. Even Obama and his Joint Chiefs reject that. Her rebels ? From Syria to Libya to Iraq, botched.

So, whether it's over Syria, Ukraine, Romania, or somewhere else, more war.

Old 10-12-2016, 05:55 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So, you'd destroy our nation from the inside out
Hillary is a known quantity, very similar to Obama. Trump supported both the Iraq war and the Libya war, its on record, no matter how many times Trump wants to deny it (typical sociopathic behavior to deny reality even when presented with it). We know for a fact that Trump's mentality is the mentality of a pure sociopath. He's lashing out and trash talking anyone who even question anything he says.

Its bad enough that he wants to eliminate all restrictions on bribe money in politics by nominating clones of Justice Scalia to the supreme court. This will usher in 30 years of politics where the people would have essentially no say and the ultra rich donor class will ram policy down our throats whether we like it or not.

But even worse is his sociopathy. Thats the really scary part. We do not want to risk our lives for Trump's hurt feelings.

Old 10-12-2016, 05:58 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Hillary is a known quantity, very similar to Obama. We know for a fact that Trump's mentality is the mentality of a pure sociopath. He's lashing out and trash talking anyone who even question anything he says.

Its bad enough that he wants to eliminate all restrictions on bribe money in politics by nominating clones of Justice Scalia to the supreme court. This will usher in 30 years of politics where the people would have essentially no say and the ultra rich donor class will ram policy down our throats whether we like it or not.

But even worse is his sociopathy. Thats the really scary part. We do not want to risk our lives for Trump's hurt feelings.
Yes, Hillary IS a known quantity that will most certainly destroy this nation as she has stated she will do several times.
Since you are a trained psychiatrist I guess you're qualified to diagnose someone's mental status? Or, did you just read it somewhere while staying at a Holiday Inn?

Old 10-12-2016, 06:03 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times
Many are looking at what Clinton will do to destroy our country. Perhaps we should be looking at what other world leaders will do if she is elected. Putin has already said if she is elected war will ensue. We also know she is a war hawk and will have no regrets sending our children and grandchildren off to fight and die.
We should all be scared.

Old 10-12-2016, 06:07 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
When mass protests against Russian President Vladimir Putin erupted in Moscow in December 2011, Putin made clear he thought Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was really behind it.

With the protesters accusing Putin of having rigged recent elections, the Russian leader pointed an angry finger at Hillary Clinton. Putin fumed in public remarks, saying that Clinton gave “a signal” to demonstrators working “with the support of the U.S. State Department” to undermine his power.

Five years later, Putin may be seeking revenge against Clinton.

If Hillary becomes president this is just the beginning.

Why Putin hates Hillary - POLITICO

Old 10-12-2016, 06:13 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post

This is ridiculous spin. Clinton is not interested in attacking Russia. Take a Xanax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections