Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 09:30 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,376,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I received my ballot in the mail and was thinking of voting green party to 'teach the establishment a lesson', but now I will just vote R to help get a super majority. Thank you OP.
Super majority? In a election year where the Republicans are in a civil war with eachother and have allowed a orange monster to threaten America's very democracy!?!

Yeah, Good luck.. MASS amounts of people will vote with a burning purpose to make things right this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2016, 10:05 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Its funny reading someone say they dont matter. The senate is the only thing that has a sy in which supreme court justices get put on the court. This year they matter a great deal. A 26% chance is not good news for Republicans.

Old 10-17-2016, 10:20 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Trump asked his supporters to not vote for GOP insiders especially those that rescinded their endorsements.

This appears to be trending in the polls the way he asked.

Nate Silver has now forecast just a 26% chance the GOP will retain control of Senate.

Any GOP voters just going to stay at home?

BTW Silver now gives Trump an 11% chance of winning.

cite: http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...=2016-forecast
Yes, mr. "happy to be wrong" over and over again about trump is certainly the guy you want to trust with his stellar judgement.

Nate Silver is happy to be wrong - POLITICO

7 Times Nate Silver Was Hilariously Wrong About Donald Trump | The Daily Caller

But hey, knock yourself out. Even stopped watches are right twice a day though so I'll give you that.

Old 10-17-2016, 10:26 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Yes, mr. "happy to be wrong" over and over again about trump is certainly the guy you want to trust with his stellar judgement.
Skewed polls! Time to call Karl Rove to unskew the polls!

Old 10-17-2016, 11:10 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Its funny reading someone say they dont matter. The senate is the only thing that has a sy in which supreme court justices get put on the court. This year they matter a great deal. A 26% chance is not good news for Republicans.
Keep in mind that if Clinton wins, only 4 Senate seats need to go Dem in order for SCOTUS and other appointments to be confirmed. Kaine would break a 50-50 tie.

But worst case, even if only a couple of seats flip from GOP to Dem, I'm optimistic that Garland will be confirmed. It's one thing to hold out for a pretend "lame duck" situation, it's another to carry that water for 4 years. I've no doubt that there are a few GOP Senators who understand that and will vote accordingly.
The problem of course is moving it (and other stuff) out of committees ruled by suicidal GOPers. sigh.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:19 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,530 times
Trump was at 5 percent to win primary.

Brexit was at 10 percent the day before the vote.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:32 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post

Brexit was at 10 percent the day before the vote.
Got a solid source for that?

Because this poll tracker showed it was 2%.
https://ig.ft.com/sites/brexit-polling/

And this one showed it was dead even.
Britain

This one shows how insanely it seesawed.
Pollsters know why they were wrong about Brexit - Business Insider
3 days before it was neck-and-neck, 10-20 days before it was whiplash, but the leaves were up at least as much as they were down.

Old 11-13-2016, 08:52 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Trump asked his supporters to not vote for GOP insiders especially those that rescinded their endorsements.

This appears to be trending in the polls the way he asked.

Nate Silver has now forecast just a 26% chance the GOP will retain control of Senate.

Any GOP voters just going to stay at home?

BTW Silver now gives Trump an 11% chance of winning.

cite: http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...=2016-forecast
Maybe Nate Silver should retire.

Old 11-13-2016, 09:05 PM

1,327 posts, read 723,075 times
I can't believe we lost the senate too!

Old 11-13-2016, 09:07 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Financialguy View Post
I can't believe we lost the senate too!
It's really shocking that Rubio somehow won. I mean, all of our far left wing posters, who voted straight ticket Democrat for the first time in their lives , guaranteed he would lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections