Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 08:59 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,978,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Boy, you REALLY are in denial, aren't you. I was talking about the thousands and thousands of people Trump has stiffed over the years in BUSINESS. Do you think all of those people somehow just decided to sue him for the Hell of it ? Do you somehow think ALL of those people did substandard work and should not have been paid ?

Pay attention, the questions are going to get tougher.

Don
Most Trump supporters say: My candidate was a crook but it doesn't matter because he was not a politician back then

They actually admit his past but ignore it because they believe he suddenly cares for other people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2016, 09:02 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,978,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKate34 View Post
Every post I read of yours makes me further convinced that you're a child. You don't have to post every single asinine thought that pops into your brain. Post stuff that actually contributes to adult conversation.
Oh no! This is not happening...

Ever heard of the ignore bottom? I swear I won't take it personally Mary Kate34 I don't want to end up like me...look at you now, your post doesn't seem to contribute anything to the discussion.

Old 10-17-2016, 09:05 PM

6,828 posts, read 14,047,739 times
Trump can't run a campaign so how is going to run the country. He sold sizzle instead of steak to win the primaries. When it came to the general and the metal meet the road he folded like a cheap tent. Can you imagine him running the country like he is now running his campaign. I will never ever say Hillary is great but I know what I am getting with her. Trump would be a total and complete disaster. I hate Hillary does not cover the fact that Trump is unfit for office.

Old 10-17-2016, 09:06 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,714,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Most Trump supporters say: My candidate was a crook but it doesn't matter because he was not a politician back then

They actually admit his past but ignore it because they believe he suddenly cares for other people.
There are no Trump supporters suggesting he was a crook, remember, crooks who are private citizens go to jail, only certain politicians are above the law, not regular people.

What Trump fans are saying is that he has no past performances as a politician, there's no point in time when he was entrusted in protecting the american people, he wasn't working for america, yet, everyone points to his 'taxes' and his past performances as a pvt businessman as 'proof' he won't help americans. His goal and job as a pvt businessman was for himself and his company and his family and his employees, to suggest he's a 'bad person' because he didn't run his business to 'help americans' is stupid, nobody does that, business people are not handing out charity to america, they're trying to get what they can get to keep their business afloat.

Old 10-17-2016, 09:18 PM

285 posts, read 198,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Oh no! This is not happening...

Ever heard of the ignore bottom? I swear I won't take it personally Mary Kate34 I don't want to end up like me...look at you now, your post doesn't seem to contribute anything to the discussion.
Well, I was just making a suggestion. I guess you think you're being funny, but you post A LOT and most of it is meaningless. I will use the ignore bottom now for your posts. I mean, by suggesting that I ignore you, you're pretty much confirming that you will never post anything of value that I might be moved by, so I won't waste anymore of my time.

Old 10-17-2016, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKate34 View Post
Well, I was just making a suggestion. I guess you think you're being funny, but you post A LOT and most of it is meaningless. I will use the ignore bottom now for your posts. I mean, by suggesting that I ignore you, you're pretty much confirming that you will never post anything of value that I might be moved by, so I won't waste anymore of my time.
Don't give up, people aren't 4th graders forever!

Old 10-17-2016, 09:28 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,206,891 times
It's a great country. We never stopped being great. It's a great country full of great people. It's full of people who get up every morning and do the right thing.

Just not Trump. He gets up every morning thinking of ways to bamboozle and control the people who bought into believing it's not a great country.

Old 10-17-2016, 09:34 PM

318 posts, read 437,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
Make America great again =JOBS
There are and will be jobs, as herein reported and as we develop more wind and solar technology, many more.

Stop saying there are no jobs. Maybe you have to move or go back to school for a short time.

​Desperately seeking workers: The looming job crunch - CBS News

Old 10-17-2016, 09:42 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,671,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
If you're not improving, you're getting worse. The 'america great again' doesn't mean America is 'not great'. America is incredible, but the people running it aren't so incredible, the legal citizens of this country are awesome, but the politicians are not. Sure, we're great, but why not try to get greater? Why not strive for improvement in every area, are you suggesting we don't need to address anything and try and get better? Give me someone who will be aggressive to try and change things for the better, not someone who sits back eating bon bons in bed thinking 'we're already great my work is done'
This post reminded me of an Aesop Fable.

There was a pond full of frogs. They lived a very comfortable life on the whole. They had a ruler. The ruler just sat on his lily pad. A few of the frogs started questioning why the ruler frog never seemed to do anything. "What should he be doing?" Asked the other frogs. "He should be making our pond better. He should do something different."
So the frogs all prayed to the frog god to send them a new ruler.

He did.

The next day a great blue heron landed in the pond and ate them all.

All Hail the new god.

Old 10-17-2016, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
This post reminded me of an Aesop Fable.

There was a pond full of frogs. They lived a very comfortable life on the whole. They had a ruler. The ruler just sat on his lily pad. A few of the frogs started questioning why the ruler frog never seemed to do anything. "What should he be doing?" Asked the other frogs. "He should be making our pond better. He should do something different."
So the frogs all prayed to the frog god to send them a new ruler.

He did.

The next day a great blue heron landed in the pond and ate them all.

All Hail the new god.
America was founded on hard hat in hand workers, not people who lay in bed eating bon bons.

America is a great country because we keep. MOVING. forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections