Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you voting against all republicans -- even down ballot?
YES! I'll be voting against the repugs aaaaallll down the line, thanks. 58 66.67%
No -- they're not all bad. If you cut them, do they not bleed? You just gotta watch them is all... (and no water after midnight) 9 10.34%
Hell -- I'm repugnant myself! Progress is for pansies! As long as I have m'guns, I don't need no stinkin' gub-mint! 11 12.64%
I'll be making well-considered choices, because most politicians of all stripes are scoundrels. (Just kidding -- I'm going to punish the bastards) 9 10.34%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 10:24 AM

549 posts, read 293,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I think the new president can't do anything with an old congress - period they have proven themselves to be totally against the people and gave passed laws that have only hurt or 1/2 passed stuff that would not work correctly. Out->>>> for all of them
Absolutely. The repugs have reached a point where they're cynical. They know their base is composed of suckers who vote against their own interests, and they think the electorate as a whole is as easily hoodwinked.

Time to divorce the repugs of their cynicism, in no uncertain terms.

Last edited by bigpicture; 10-22-2016 at 10:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2016, 10:26 AM

10,248 posts, read 6,340,479 times
I already voted by mail in Florida. Straight Democratic. This OT Poll needs a None of the Above. lol

Old 10-30-2016, 12:54 PM

549 posts, read 293,047 times
Voted today -- against the Republicans aaaaall down the line.

It was a bloodbath...

Glad I got it over with. A long line, even with early voting!

Old 10-30-2016, 02:02 PM

734 posts, read 352,498 times
I'm not voting for any Republicans. They control all three branches of government in my state, and have ruined it. If Trump manages to win, I hope he has to work with a Democratic congress so he'll be kept in check. If Clinton wins, a Republican lead Congress will spend all its time investigating her.

Congress' approval rating is at 13%, because the Republicans basically can't get anything done and don't agree on things even within their own party.

Old 10-30-2016, 02:27 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,724,259 times
Quite the opposite. We have decent Senators in our State. Blumenthal has done some good even prior to being a Senator. We had Lieberman who has am Independent was good for the State. I can't say Republicans or Democrats have been great for this State. I don't think our State since I was born ever had a Republican Senator. We had a mix of Republican and Democratic Governors. I am voting less on a National Scale and voting on a State lebel. Want to use my vote to empower change. If our State could go Blue/Red and then maybe an Independent Governor that be awesome.

I was hoping have an Independent and Blue Senator. Then maybe one or 2 Republican Reps. The one in my district I reside in has a openly gay Republican running for the House, he has my vote. However, the Independent that I think would of been great for the State couldn't get in the ballot due to some odd circumstances with the Independent slot being fulled. So I am voting for the Republican Candidate Carter. He seems to be a Progressive Republican so be great to have new ideas in this State. Also a balanced State of Red and Blue. As far as local elections doesn't really matter I go by experience rarely look at Party Affiliation unless they are an Independent.

For POTUS voting Johnson/Weld.

Last edited by RunD1987; 10-30-2016 at 02:39 PM..

Old 10-31-2016, 09:44 AM

16,118 posts, read 10,794,956 times
Once upon a time I was a Republican Governor's appointee. Once upon a time there were a few rational Republican candidates that deserved to win over lessor Democrats. Those days are long gone. That is no longer the case due to the one-trick-pony aspect of state and local Republican candidates...bible thumpers, Tea-Party hacks, slick opportunists, fear mongers. They claim to be for small government but want to be in everyone's bedroom and control them on every level. The same is true of the national level congressional candidates. We have seen what they do in Congress and it is unpatriotic and un-American. One has to go back several decades to find a Republican statesman on the national level worthy of a vote. So I no longer consider voting for Republican candidates at any level. I voted early along with about a dozen other people at the time - 2,200 voted before me.

Old 10-31-2016, 09:51 AM

24,446 posts, read 23,114,427 times
I'm in Pa. I'll be splitting my ticket. I may or may not vote for Trump. He's a bad choice but clearly far more capable of serving than Hillary. I won't vote for Toomey one of our two pathetic U.S. Senators. That craven toady lickboot Bob Casey Jr. is the other one. I'll give my repub and current congressman a vote. Likewise my current dem Pa representative. I might vote libertarian which is my party for POTUS, or perhaps not. I'll try to vote out my local schoolboard and township supervisors. They cross ballot so its hard. I always leave the ballot blank if they cross ballot. They call the straight party lever the chimpanzee lever for a reason. No thought involved.

Old 10-31-2016, 09:56 AM

18,053 posts, read 27,507,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Financialguy View Post
Another idiot poll for idiots.

What a stupid poll! Feed the trolls! Even Bundy got a last meal.

Old 10-31-2016, 09:59 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,789,738 times
No, I will be voting yes on all of them.

Old 10-31-2016, 10:13 AM

16,118 posts, read 10,794,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I'd rather vote for someone that "represents" republican values....
Wow -- there is a blast from the past. The stinking carcass of the Republican party is "Republican values" -- take a good look at your candidate. He killed off any surviving "values" and revealed what the GOP is all about. The new values are bigotry, misogyny, white power, nativism, tax breaks for the rich, voter suppression, and wholesale ignorance -- all on the domestic side. Being chummy with Putin, undercutting allies, and isolationism (unless there is oil involved) seems to be the international values.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections