Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 09:03 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
Free tickets too! It's like free entertainment.
Hillary is free but no one wants to hear the same old lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2016, 09:06 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
But the Dems are pulling money from backing Murphy thinking I guess that Repubs will just skip the top choice and vote rest of ticket straight R...
Think Rubio is vulnerable but Murphy just can't seem to catch fire

Old 10-23-2016, 09:07 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,760,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Because she's not a clown running a circus.

Old 10-23-2016, 09:09 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Default Trump is so worried he's going to lose Florida

No need to worry about it, FL is lost. So is NC. And PA was never anything but a pipe dream. This election will be decided way before bedtime on the 8th.

Old 10-23-2016, 09:12 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
You really don't get it, which is fine. Trump is loyal to his supporters and has the energy, unlike Hillary, to actually get out and around to everyone. I suspect we have the "green eyed monster" issue here.

While Hillary concentrates on where to get votes (or cash), Trump is concentrating on reaching out to Americans with his message and introducing them to the movement. Trump appreciates those that support him enough to take time to show up to their towns. I think it is great! He also sends a lot of surveys/polls to subscribers of his website asking what we want.

Trump is just being decent and not playing favorites, not really playing a game at all.
Right, as in not trying to win an election but build a hardened base that he can market to. I agree.

Old 10-23-2016, 09:12 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
That he's campaigning and doing a rally in southwest Florida which is already a Republican stronghold.
I think he goes there because he knows he's liked and Trump likes only good feedback. It's certainly not gaining him any new voters. He needs to be in Central and South Fla, but has barely been there. He likes to stay in his feel-good bubble.

Not only that, despite the Trump campaign promising to open 25 field offices in Florida, they've still got one. In Sarasota. This is one of the stupidest moves of his campaign.

He doesn't need an office in Sarasota. These people will get out and vote, and they'll vote for him--super conservative, super white, mostly retired electorate. They are very predictable with voting.

They have no offices where they actually need them. This is a reflection of a disorganized campaign and a need to feel secure in their bubble.

While Hillary Clinton touts 51 Florida field offices, Donald Trump still has just one | Tampa Bay Times

Old 10-23-2016, 09:13 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
That he's campaigning and doing a rally in southwest Florida which is already a Republican stronghold.
Trump is basically going on a concert tour as opposed to actually doing the work of winning an election.

Old 10-23-2016, 09:16 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
No need to worry about it, FL is lost. So is NC. And PA was never anything but a pipe dream. This election will be decided way before bedtime on the 8th.

You're right but I won't be able to help myself. I will be glued to foxnews and can't wait to watch their whining after the result comes in.

Old 10-23-2016, 09:26 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
But the Dems are pulling money from backing Murphy thinking I guess that Repubs will just skip the top choice and vote rest of ticket straight R...
Think Rubio is vulnerable but Murphy just can't seem to catch fire
1 new FL poll release either today or yesterday has Rubio and Murphy tied(Fox 13 poll, I think). Another newer (CBS/yougov) has Rubio +2. Qunnipiac has Rubio +2. This is a major improvement for Murphy and he appears to be on the upswing.

30% of FL voters never heard of Murphy which might explain his polling results.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that many voters will choose Murphy when they see the D next to his name when they are casting their vote for Clinton. And maybe some Trump followers hate Rubio because he is 'establishment' and because he said Trump had small hands.

Maybe Murphy can pull off a surprise win, mostly by being down ticket from Clinton and having a large turnout. I haven't completely lost hope, although it appears that Rubio is more likely to win.

It looks like Trump is going to lose Florida if you go by the polls. Clinton is ahead by 4 in FL in nearly all the FL polls over the past 2 weeks.

link to FL senate polls: Rubio v Murphy
http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/...ubio-vs-murphy

Old 10-23-2016, 10:02 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Yeah those Trump people like all NEW lies.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections