Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 12:32 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtq3000 View Post

furthermore, nobody paid these ladies based on what we know, except trump who tried to pay $10,000.00 for 12 seconds of her company.
Nicely done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2016, 01:04 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
The Right complaining about swiftboating is like Trump complaining about groping.

"Swift boating," the term for dishonest, personal, and unsubstantiated political attacks, was invented by the GOP to discredit John Kerry's military record of heroism under fire as a Swift Boat commander in Vietnam.

"Swift boating" has come to be synonymous with, "ugly, unprincipled slander" for political purposes.

But this was hardly the first time Republicans used this strategy.

Republican Senator Joe McCarthy lent his name to the practice of reckless and unsubstantiated accusations of subversion and treason.

Lee Atwater perfected the art of the smear campaign. Even he knew how vile he was. When he was near death, he begged forgiveness for the atrocities he committed in the name of the Republican party.

Newt Gingrich, Rush Limbaugh, Karl Rove, Fox News, Breitbart ...

The smear campaign questioning Obama's birth certificate was funded and pushed by Trump.

Look at all those on this forum slandering Clinton with "corrupt," "criminal," "crooked"... without a shred of evidence to back it up.

Republicans complaining about smear campaigns?

That's rich.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 10-24-2016 at 01:35 PM..

Old 10-24-2016, 01:10 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
It was pitiful enough that Hillary had to hire seat fillers, but paying protesters, obvious thuds, took it to a new level for campaigns.
Hate to disappoint you, but it was a fake news site that reported paying those "obvious thuds."

Donald Trump Protester Speaks Out:

Old 10-24-2016, 01:11 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Hmmmm.. could it be they really paid these girls?? Nasty Nasty people.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/27434

The term swiftboating (also swift boating is a pejorative American neologism used to describe an unfair or untrue political attack The Swift Boat Veterans and media pundits objected to this use of the term to define a smear campaign
No, they aren't. Trump is "swiftboating" himself every time he opens his yap.

Old 10-24-2016, 01:22 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,162,735 times
Some background to the allegations, from PolitiFact

The grasping for anything to taint HRC continues...

Get ready for even more after the election, though

Old 10-24-2016, 01:34 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Paying people to incite violence for political game and good optics is wrong. People got hurt.
Yeah right. The incitement of violence is really coming from the Orange Guy.

C'mon, I thought conservatives were all about taking personal responsibility.

Give it up - it's just sour grapes from ya'll. Your boy is done, done, done. Finished.

Old 10-24-2016, 01:39 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Paying people to incite violence for political game and good optics is wrong. People got hurt.
Who paid this guy?

Trump supporter arrested after punching person at Clinton event - NY Daily News

Old 10-24-2016, 01:40 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Yeah right. The incitement of violence is really coming from the Orange Guy.

C'mon, I thought conservatives were all about taking personal responsibility.

Give it up - it's just sour grapes from ya'll. Your boy is done, done, done. Finished.
First, he is not my guy. I despise HRC. I truly believe she represents all that is wrong with our country. I also believe Trump has done a very good job exposing both parties for the money hungry, corrupt, selfish entities they are.
Trump will probably lose. I will not feel bad for him. On the other hand, I will feel bad for my country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections