Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 03:54 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,641,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Trump is leading in the early voting .. do not believe the polls or the pundits. They are trying to discourage the Trump voters. Wiki-leaks shows their strategy.

CONFIRMED: Early Voting Data Shows Trump Lead - Ignore Trolls Who Say Otherwise
Jesus christ. You didn't even bother reading your own article, did you? Just read the headline and raced straight to your computer, right?

The article is such a piece of crap it even defeats its own argument - read this:

Quote:
Of course, people would say that McCain and Romney held a higher lead with mail-in ballots in Florida than Trump (assuming that most republicans will vote for the republican candidate — which they most likely will). That is true, but it is highly misleading. If holding a lead in mail-in ballots actually mattered, then both McCain and Romney should have won Florida, yet they did not.
In other words, "none of what we said in our own article is true."

You people don't even know how to read an article - just the friggin' headlines. And you wonder why we make fun of you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2016, 04:04 PM

22,208 posts, read 19,497,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
As a Trump supporter I say hogwash.

I'm sure it's against the law to report on voting prior to Nov 8th.
None of the votes were counted. What is true is at this point more Republicans have turned in mail in ballots so far than Democrats. However, mail in ballots typically favor the GOP and in person early voting typically favors Democrats. In Florida, the GOP mail in advantage is lower than it has been in previous elections (no in person early vote data is available as it starts today). However, some seem to think the GOP having a smaller advantage than the past is good for Trump...

Old 10-24-2016, 04:22 PM

943 posts, read 1,322,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
None of the votes were counted. What is true is at this point more Republicans have turned in mail in ballots so far than Democrats. However, mail in ballots typically favor the GOP and in person early voting typically favors Democrats. In Florida, the GOP mail in advantage is lower than it has been in previous elections (no in person early vote data is available as it starts today). However, some seem to think the GOP having a smaller advantage than the past is good for Trump...
I know. The article actually says things are worse this year for the GOP than they were in 2012, when they lost Florida. Yet somehow that means Trump is doing well. It's the craziest thing I ever read.

Old 10-24-2016, 05:43 PM

22,208 posts, read 19,497,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJS View Post
I know. The article actually says things are worse this year for the GOP than they were in 2012, when they lost Florida. Yet somehow that means Trump is doing well. It's the craziest thing I ever read.

Just to add to that. When early voting started in 2012 (which was 10 days prior to Election Day) the GOP had about a 66k advantage in returned ballots (5.04% lead). Going into early voting which started today in most counties (15 days prior to Election Day) the GOP lead is a little over 20,600, about 1.71%. The Democrats closed the gap considerably on the first day of early voting in 2012, and the overall early and absentee vote combined by Election Day was Dem +3%

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/naked...-vote-day.html

Old 10-24-2016, 05:45 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,776,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Trump is leading in the early voting .. do not believe the polls or the pundits. They are trying to discourage the Trump voters. Wiki-leaks shows their strategy.

CONFIRMED: Early Voting Data Shows Trump Lead - Ignore Trolls Who Say Otherwise
I don't trust any poll. Polls are used as a psychology play to manipulate voters. Either way, I'm showing up and voting.

Old 10-24-2016, 05:47 PM

30,314 posts, read 23,789,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGoLuckyonLI View Post
From an Alt Right website with ZERO credibility.
Until people stop quoting CNN and MSNBC as "valid sources", no one has anything to say about the validity of non lame stream media sources.

Old 10-24-2016, 05:49 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,853,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Trump's going to lose so bad, that the election will be called before people on the East Coast go to sleep.
From what I can tell, the left wing media called the election about six months ago and has been pushing their anointed candidate since then. They sure seem worried about an election they claim has long since been settled in the polls.

IMO, this election will show more about the state and direction of the American public than the candidates.

Old 10-24-2016, 06:12 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,126,296 times
The day of reckoning for trump and his bots is near. Are you guys ready for your candidate to get smashed to smithereens on Nov. 8th??? I will be voting early this week. Can't wait!

Old 10-24-2016, 06:22 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,776,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
From what I can tell, the left wing media called the election about six months ago and has been pushing their anointed candidate since then. They sure seem worried about an election they claim has long since been settled in the polls.

IMO, this election will show more about the state and direction of the American public than the candidates.
Actually if you look back right after the 2012 election they was saying that Hillary would be the next president. There are threads on it.

Old 10-24-2016, 06:23 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,787,266 times
I just saw a poll from Yahoo that says Clinton and Trump are neck to neck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections