Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 10:39 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,069,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
If you read the methodology some polls are heavily sampling democrats and women then weighing their results with no reports on how they are weighing the results. There are people on this board that are going to look very foolish if the race is even close, but I am sure they do not mind as the liberals pay at least $950 a week to post on internet boards, so they are getting paid.
Did you learn nothing from the "unskewed polls" fiasco in 2012? Romney supporters were saying exactly what you have posted here, and they believed it so strongly that Romney had a fireworks display all ready to go off over Boston Harbor when he won. Heh.

The polls were accurate in 2012, and the odds are that they are just as accurate in 2016.

I do agree, however, that many people on this board are going to look very foolish on November 8th.

Old 10-25-2016, 10:40 PM

830 posts, read 684,314 times
Donny is slowly being denied the presidency.

Old 10-25-2016, 10:46 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,745,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Did you learn nothing from the "unskewed polls" fiasco in 2012? Romney supporters were saying exactly what you have posted here, and they believed it so strongly that Romney had a fireworks display all ready to go off over Boston Harbor when he won. Heh.

The polls were accurate in 2012, and the odds are that they are just as accurate in 2016.

I do agree, however, that many people on this board are going to look very foolish on November 8th.
Right, cause Hillary and her henchmen are not sending emails to the people who take certain polls and telling them what areas and what samples to take? You guys seem to be stuck on 2012, we will see what happens in about 2 weeks, but I damn sure would not be celebrating now.

Old 10-25-2016, 10:46 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,341,465 times
The best thing Republicans can do is drop the crazy fringe right and move back to center. Stop the McCarthy-ism rhetoric you've been spewing unsuccessfully since the 90's FFS.

Instead, what is going to happen is they are going to cry like little kids that aren't getting their way and double down on someone like Cruz in 4 years. All the while develop the best fiction you can possibly buy via conspiracy theories as they tell themselves that there is no possible way the nation is against them, it has to be a conspiracy!

Then after 4 years they run someone like Cruz. Clean as the preachers sheets, total opposite of Trump. They double down on
"core values" and trot even further towards the right.

They lose again, in another land slide and figure out they need to not cater to the Evangelical and tea party and move to center. Only to become relevant again sometime in another decade.

The only people questioning what will result from this upcoming election are the people that can't do math.

Old 10-25-2016, 10:55 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,436,712 times
Quote:
... as the liberals pay at least $950 a week to post on internet boards, so they are getting paid.
there are only two posters in this thread who have joined this forum within the past year. one is pro-trump and the other post is neutral.

Old 10-25-2016, 11:44 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,241,211 times
Quote:
If you read the methodology some polls are heavily sampling democrats and women then weighing their results with no reports on how they are weighing the results. There are people on this board that are going to look very foolish if the race is even close, but I am sure they do not mind as the liberals pay at least $950 a week to post on internet boards, so they are getting paid.
I believe that is a definite possibility...the other possibility is that Trump has just angered too many people by getting distracted and saying some stupid things that alienate people that are going to vote against him. Hillary is a corrupt disaster so that's our choices.

Old 10-26-2016, 12:32 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,950,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
The best thing Republicans can do is drop the crazy fringe right and move back to center. Stop the McCarthy-ism rhetoric you've been spewing unsuccessfully since the 90's FFS.

Instead, what is going to happen is they are going to cry like little kids that aren't getting their way and double down on someone like Cruz in 4 years. All the while develop the best fiction you can possibly buy via conspiracy theories as they tell themselves that there is no possible way the nation is against them, it has to be a conspiracy!

Then after 4 years they run someone like Cruz. Clean as the preachers sheets, total opposite of Trump. They double down on

They lose again, in another land slide and figure out they need to not cater to the Evangelical and tea party and move to center. Only to become relevant again sometime in another decade.

The only people questioning what will result from this upcoming election are the people that can't do math.
When are Democrats going to drop the extremist fringe that runs their party?

No time soon judging by your ridiculous post.

Old 10-26-2016, 01:30 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,896,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
OP is wrong. These polls mean nothint. Remember during the primary when these bozos would go on tv with their little marker boards and prove how it was IMPOSSIBLE for Trump to get to 1237 and there would be a contested convention?

Trump supporters are not to be underestimated as we prove time and time again that we can WIN IT!
Very few people thought there was going to be a contested convention. Nearly all polls since Trump announced his candidacy showed him winning the Republican primary. Some right wing news and GOP leadership didn't believe it until near the end. Polls can be wrong and it's not over until Election Day, but I don't see Trump winning and I see it being an electoral landslide. Hillary will likely win the popular vote as well, but it's harder to guess by how much.

Old 10-26-2016, 01:49 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,701,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickL28 View Post
since when has this 'early voting' been as widespread as this year??
Overall, never. Having said that, despite a consent decree against the Republican Party due to its past offenses working to make voting more difficult for people of color, they have been working to suppress minority voting again in recent years, and only sometimes have the courts called them out on their transgressions. As a result, there are places like North Carolina, where early voting is more limited this year than four years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
It ain't over...'til Fat Hillary sings.
Of course, but the reason why Trump supporters are ridiculously panicked about the indications that the election is unwinnable for their candidate is that many of their anticipated voters are folks who don't typically vote and probably have very little interest in voting except to the extent they've been whipped up into a fervor to vote for Trump. If these folks get wind of the reality as indicated by the polls, they'll stay home.

Quote:
How do you know how much minority support Trump has? I have spoken to several people who are different races that see the corruption of the democrat party and want no part of that, and tell me they are voting for Trump.
The scientific polls are far far far better indicators that Trump has practically no minority support than your anecdotal personal experience with the several people of color you claim to have gained insights from. The denial is understandable (for the reasons above), but it is really getting old, at this point. The blatant adoption of "I reject reality and substitute my desires" as a modus operandi is belied by 350 years of progress since The Enlightenment - yes regression implicit in such denial is that substantial. The idea that "what we want is going to trump what actually is" was the way the world worked before science and knowledge took over from religious claims of infallibility and superstition.

Quote:
It works too hard against the Trump narrative, and the Trump campaign has been mostly about narrative. If you dig down into some of his most critical promises you find that he'd priggishly refusing to provide any inkling of how and what, exposing the reality that he's blowing smoke.

Quote:
No. There were anomalies and inaccuracies in 2012 (as there are every year) - they didn't work in Romney's favor, but they were still noted, and researched, and understood, and polls reshaped to preclude such issues. So the polls in 2016 are substantially more accurate than 2012.

Quote:
Will they realize it, though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
When are Democrats going to drop the extremist fringe that runs their party?
The extreme fringe lost the primary. The establishment centrists run the party, to the consternation of the extremist fringe. It's strange that you weren't aware of this, given how much the media covered the boisterous criticisms throughout the primary season that the Democratic Party leans way too far to the right.

Last edited by bUU; 10-26-2016 at 01:59 AM..

Old 10-26-2016, 02:23 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,875,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post

You hit the nail on the head.

I keep having the exact convo with my extremely Republican brother. The moderate GOP has literally disappeared and now what's left-and this is my opinion- is a hijacked, right-winged, angry, white, "Christians only" fringe group.

For some reason the GOP continues pushing the same out of touch family values-as in "do what I say-not as I do", anti-abortion/gay/Muslim, war on Christmas agenda's every 4 years and then wonder why they can't win. America isn't only a straight white Christian nation and until they truly start to focus on the moderate, fiscally conservative messages the GOP used to be known for and get off the social issues, they will continue to lose.

I have plenty of opinions on what's wrong with the Dems, too. But Hillary will get my vote, because she can, at the very least, coherently complete a sentence, not provoke violence/hatred, and her experience as a Senator and Secretary of State is impressive (to me). I haven't seen many moderates on this forum, so I'm sure I'll get flamed and called names for offering up my opinions, instead of sharing any real political discussion/discourse.

Remember when no one would ever think to ask you your political/religious leanings? I miss those days.

Last edited by skyegirl; 10-26-2016 at 02:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections