Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 10:52 AM

70 posts, read 38,197 times

Advertisements

The most absurd thing is what I have been reading on this forum. Lies and more lies. it is corruption of the people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 10:56 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,801,922 times
Trump has no clothes but few supporters noticed.

Old 10-28-2016, 10:56 AM

15,638 posts, read 10,396,089 times
The most absurd thing I have seen was the video of Ms. Clinton saying the following:

"You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? [Laughter/applause]. The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic — you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people, now have 11 million. He tweets and retweets offensive, hateful, mean-spirited rhetoric. Now some of those folks, they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America."

**** her.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:06 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,455,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post

What's the most absurd thing you have seen brought out this election.
Pepe the Racist ALT RIGHT frog mascot for the Trump Campaign.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...6/V4uOpqo1.jpg

http://unclesamsmisguidedchildren.co...o7sahrlthw.jpg

Old 10-28-2016, 11:08 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Donald Trump making a mockery of a Presidential Debate by talking about the size of his penis.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:19 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
There are so many examples, it is hard to pick just one. But for the sake of brevity, this time I'll go with his looney idea to "negotiate down the national debt," that he has talked about on several occasions.

Trump explains this nutty notion by saying,"I have borrowed, knowing that you can pay back with discounts." (WTH?)

Maybe he can, be the U.S.A. can't.

Dean Baker, an economist with the Center for Economic and Policy Research, said that Trump’s comments "didn’t make any sense."

"The U.S. has the strongest possible credit rating because it has always paid its debt," he said. "It would pay an enormous price if he tried to negotiate a write-down."
Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump has said he would negotiate down the national debt | PolitiFact

Plus, there is the unfortunate fact that we owe a good deal of the money to ourselves.

About $5 trillion of the National Debt is owed the Federal government. So we would also be stiffing ourselves!

As well as individuals, corporations, retirement funds including military retirement... Then there's China ($1.5 trillion). That ought to go over well.

Who We Owe $17 Trillion Of Federal Debt To - Business Insider

Old 10-28-2016, 11:21 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,198,631 times
Hatred and Divide.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The most absurd thing I have seen was the video of Ms. Clinton saying the following:

"You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? [Laughter/applause]. The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic — you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people, now have 11 million. He tweets and retweets offensive, hateful, mean-spirited rhetoric. Now some of those folks, they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America."

**** her.
If the shoe fits...

Old 10-28-2016, 11:31 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
You just described Trump's idea of foreplay....
Well, Hillary did accidentally refer to Trump as 'my husband' once during the campaign .

Old 10-28-2016, 11:41 AM

Though I wouldn't say it's the most absurd thing, the constant obsession by the Trump team with Clinton supposedly faltering health is certainly ridiculous.

There are numerous C-D threads about her failing health. The latest one was about how she held on to someone's hand when stepping up to a podium disqualified her from being president.

Like we'd all will switch our votes to a dangerously incompetent man with the attention span of a child, who can't tell fact from fiction, has been involved in countless lawsuits with more pending, has no grasp of the Constitution or what's going on in the world, cannot give a straight answer to a question, thinks we can renegotiate the national debt, hired a Russian operative to run his campaign... we're going to vote for him because he can step up to podium all be himself?

Get serious.

I doubt Pence is even going to vote for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections