Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2016, 06:57 AM

32,112 posts, read 34,732,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Or just losing.

The Dems have to be very nervous right now. This wasn't supposed to happen. Not with the media pulling for HC 110%

No time to spin this. Not with voting already started.
Mathematically, how does HRC lose if she wins women by a larger share than Trump wins men? There are more women in the electorate than there are men.

On Election Night in 2012, many predicted Romney would destroy Obama in Ohio. But when the exit polls started to come in, I saw that Obama was winning women overall by a greater share than Romney was winning men, and I immediately called the race over then.

Old 10-29-2016, 07:01 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
This may invigorate Trump's base and keep Clinton's supporters from getting complacent in the home stretch, but it would surprising if voters would decide that a vague letter about some emails that may or may not be relevant would convince them to vote for Trump. His reputation precedes him.

The only reputation that is likely to be hurt by this is Comey's. It's now fairly obvious that he is little more than a partisan hack.

Even Republicans are questioning his motives.

"Why is FBI doing this just 11 days before the election?" wrote Texas Sen. John Cornyn, a Republican.
FBI's Clinton email probe reopening draws jeers for director Comey - Business Insider

As Omar, (The Wire) warned, "You aim at the king, you best not miss."

Old 10-29-2016, 07:04 AM

13,747 posts, read 8,004,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Mathematically, how does HRC lose if she wins women by a larger share than Trump wins men?
Ask me a week from now after this bombshell has been factored in.

Old 10-29-2016, 07:05 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Anybody else can confirm Obama has cancelled all appearances with Hillary?

Old 10-29-2016, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
This may invigorate Trump's base and keep Clinton's supporters from getting complacent in the home stretch, but it would surprising if voters would decide that a vague letter about some emails that may or may not be relevant would convince them to vote for Trump. His reputation precedes him.

The only reputation that is likely to be hurt by this is Comey's. It's now fairly obvious that he is little more than a partisan hack.

"Why is FBI doing this just 11 days before the election?" wrote Texas Sen. John Cornyn, a Republican.
FBI's Clinton email probe reopening draws jeers for director Comey - Business Insider

I'm just assuming the worst case scenario for Clinton. I guess I always like to consider that first.

Losing Pennsylvania is not a realistic worst-case scenario. I'm a Pennsylvania native. I think what often gets lost in discussions about Pennsylvania is that the wealthier, Southeastern portion of the state (which has the highest turnout) is growing while the western part of the state (most friendly to Republicans) is shrinking. Allegheny County, however, is becoming more liberal.

Old 10-29-2016, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Ask me a week from now after this bombshell has been factored in.
People already know about Clinton's shadyness and her emails. Why would this result in a mass exodus of educated White women to Trump given his statements about women and his position on reproductive rights?

Old 10-29-2016, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

It`s not a miss. Not a WL hack which can be dismissed as Russian interference.

This was a direct hit by the FBI.

Old 10-29-2016, 07:09 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,914 times
Default Did Rudy Giuliani orchestrate the Comey letter to Congress?

Did you know that James Comey OWES HIS CAREER to Rudy Giuliani? Why doesn't the MSM point this out?

'One person that definitely does have ties to Comey is former Mayor of New York Rudy Giuliani. Giuliani was Comey's boss when Giuliani was the U.S. Attorney of New York's southern district when Giuliani hired Comey in 1987 as an assistant, according to New York Magazine."

https://www.romper.com/p/does-james-...the-past-21491

Last week Giuliani smugly warned of an October surprise:

"When asked to clarify, Giuliani laughed and said, “You’ll see. We got a couple of surprises left.” He continued: “Surprises in the way that we’re going to campaign to get our message out there. Maybe in a little bit of a different way. You’ll see. And I think it will be enormously effective.”

Giuliani Warns Trump Campaign Has Some

More reading: https://www.buzzfeed.com/nathanielme...rB#.ovyy4QldGd

Old 10-29-2016, 07:11 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
I'm just assuming the worst case scenario for Clinton. I guess I always like to consider that first.

Losing Pennsylvania is not a realistic worst-case scenario. I'm a Pennsylvania native. I think what often gets lost in discussions about Pennsylvania is that the wealthier, Southeastern portion of the state (which has the highest turnout) is growing while the western part of the state (most friendly to Republicans) is shrinking. Allegheny County, however, is becoming more liberal.
Do you envision Colorado switching up?

I don't see California, NY, etc. going for Trump and as long as Colorado and Pennsylvania hold for Clinton, she's got the 270.

Old 10-29-2016, 07:11 AM

Quote:
People already know about Clinton's shadyness and her emails. Why would this result in a mass exodus of educated White women to Trump given his statements about women and his position on reproductive rights?

Trump was already on the move and today 4-way race is down to 3.8

Let`s talk about it a week from now after this new revelation has been factored in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections