Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 09:03 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times

Advertisements

Trump currently has three federal class action lawsuit against him brought by plaintiffs alleging he mislead and ripped them off with his Trump University program, which has been categorized by some attendees as a bunch of up selling seminars and not an educational program as advertised by Trump.

If the plaintiffs win, his past conduct could meet the burden of an impeachable offense, if he wins and takes office.

I personally find his pattern of ripping off hard working Americans abhorrent, however does anyone think he could be impeached? It would seem there's a definite possibility.

Quote:
Professor Christopher L. Peterson has found that should Trump win the election in November, he would be vulnerable to impeachment, thanks to fraud and racketeering lawsuits related to the Trump University case.

“In the United States, it is illegal for businesses to use false statements to convince consumers to purchase their services,” Peterson wrote in a paper published Monday titled Trump University and Presidential Impeachment. “The evidence indicates that Trump University used a systemic pattern of fraudulent representations to trick thousands of families into investing in a program that can be argued was a sham.”

“Fraud and racketeering are serious crimes that legally rise to the level of impeachable acts,” he said.
Law professor: Already enough evidence to impeach Trump if he becomes president

Old 10-31-2016, 09:06 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,142,781 times
hilLIARy constitutional crisis <impeachement... I'll take Trump

Old 10-31-2016, 09:10 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,100,577 times
How many threads are you dems going to start on this topic?

Hillary is sinking fast, posting duplicate threads isn't going to help Hillary.

Old 10-31-2016, 09:10 AM

1,327 posts, read 723,239 times
Sorry, fin, todays' marching order talking points from the clinton campaign aren't working.

st, their goal is to bury serious topics in a storm of their vomit topics.

Old 10-31-2016, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
hilLIARy constitutional crisis <impeachement... I'll take Trump
So you'd rather someone who ripped off people trying to get ahead? A lot of them lost their life savings and got into heavy debt trusting Trump. You'll take that over someone's assistant sending emails?

Old 10-31-2016, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
How many threads are you dems going to start on this topic?

Hillary is sinking fast, posting duplicate threads isn't going to help Hillary.
So you don't care about Trump's transgressions? Why not?

Old 10-31-2016, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Financialguy View Post
Sorry, fin, todays' marching order talking points from the clinton campaign aren't working.

st, their goal is to bury serious topics in a storm of their vomit topics.
That's not my goal at all - it only seems fair that if you're going to discuss Hillary's potential issues that you also discuss Donald's. Or does it make you too uncomfortable?

Old 10-31-2016, 09:18 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,455,798 times
would be fun to watch

Old 10-31-2016, 09:19 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,208,707 times
From my perspective, there are a lot of private entities providing educational seminars at a cost. I can think of a lot of these things going on in hotel conference rooms across the country for years and years. Of course, now they do more of it online.

And what about all those "for profit" colleges? Those degrees are nearly worthless - but are there any federal lawsuits out for them?

Do I think Donald Trump is a fine, upstanding businessman? Nope. But the only reason people are looking into this is because he is a presidential candidate. Else there would be many more lawsuits about all of it.

In the end, he is a businessman. He is in business to make money. I'll take that over shady dealings with our national security.

Old 10-31-2016, 09:19 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
So you don't care about Trump's transgressions? Why not?
Of course, I am one of those people that believes that the 'impeachment' section of the Constitution is, or should be, interpreted to mean 'treason, bribery or other high crimes and misdemeanors' committed while in office in the course of official duties.

Should Mr. Trump be elected, I would be most unwilling for Democrats to start yapping about impeaching him for pre-office transgressions. Of course, I would feel the same about Ms. Clinton and Republicans.

The bar for articles of impeachment should be set very high. If we get to the point where the 'loyal opposition' feels free to introduce such articles as a matter of course anytime a new president takes office, then our American experiment will have failed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.