Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 06:35 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,552,477 times

Advertisements

I have no great love for her, and I think a good Republican candidate could have beaten her hands down. However, when the choice is between her and Trump, there is no choice.

1. Trump doesn't know how to behave with foreign dignitaries, no dignity and no shame. He's like a bull in a china shop. How would he treat a female leader - comment on how "hot" she is?

2. His grandiose ideas about building a wall, putting a horrendous tax on imports, etc. aren't even practical. You can't simply get rid of 11 million people; it's not that easy and it would also be horrendously expensive.

3. The president can only do so much. How much do you really think Congress will let him do? Lobbyists and corporations really own this country and control what happens. Your manufacturing jobs aren't coming back, and even if they were, technological advances and automation would be doing them.

4. Social issues. I won't go into detail; we all know what those are.

5. Climate change. I just watched "Before the Flood" last night, and whether or not you believe climate change is man-made, there is no doubt that sea levels are rising, the polar ice caps are melting, etc. Anyone with a social conscience sees the need for us to act now before it's too late.

6. I shudder to think what will happen with his hand on the nuclear weapons button (a figure of speech; I know it's not really a button). He could easily get us into World War III, and even if he doesn't, he could spout so much rhetoric and garbage that the rest of the world would band together against the U.S.

My vote has been cast; I only hope that when I wake up on November 9th that this country hasn't changed beyond all recognition.

Old 10-31-2016, 06:39 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,914 times
Well done, patriot! I'm glad to see when people put country before party!

Old 10-31-2016, 06:39 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
I voted for Hillary already via early voting and don't regret it.

My spouse is a registered Republican and also voted for Hillary via early voting and doesn't regret it.

We are in Florida.

Old 10-31-2016, 06:43 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I have no great love for her, and I think a good Republican candidate could have beaten her hands down. However, when the choice is between her and Trump, there is no choice.

1. Trump doesn't know how to behave with foreign dignitaries, no dignity and no shame. He's like a bull in a china shop. How would he treat a female leader - comment on how "hot" she is?

2. His grandiose ideas about building a wall, putting a horrendous tax on imports, etc. aren't even practical. You can't simply get rid of 11 million people; it's not that easy and it would also be horrendously expensive.

3. The president can only do so much. How much do you really think Congress will let him do? Lobbyists and corporations really own this country and control what happens. Your manufacturing jobs aren't coming back, and even if they were, technological advances and automation would be doing them.

5. Climate change. I just watched "Before the Flood" last night, and whether or not you believe climate change is man-made, there is no doubt that sea levels are rising, the polar ice caps are melting, etc. Anyone with a social conscience sees the need for us to act now before it's too late.

6. I shudder to think what will happen with his hand on the nuclear weapons button (a figure of speech; I know it's not really a button). He could easily get us into World War III, and even if he doesn't, he could spout so much rhetoric and garbage that the rest of the world would band together against the U.S.

My vote has been cast; I only hope that when I wake up on November 9th that this country hasn't changed beyond all recognition.
I agree with all of this, but regarding the bolded:

I don't think people really realize how this tax would "trickle down" to the American consumers. If we tax the hell out of imports, it will cause prices to go up tremendously. Much worse than raising minimum wage. I know Trump says he's running as a Republican, but taxing imports is Anti-Capitalism, Anti-Free-Trade, and will result in lost buying power of the American Consumer.

We are near or at full employment, and people don't want to do unskilled manufacturing jobs. It will only cause us to gain more low-wage jobs, have higher inflation, and make the Average American Worker relatively more poor.

He does not have many good policies, but this one is particularly bad for the economy.

Old 10-31-2016, 06:49 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,581,375 times
Quote:

Because...

http://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/...prune-face.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-31-2016 at 07:21 AM..

Old 10-31-2016, 06:50 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,679,366 times
Voting for Trump is like handing a guy the keys to your Corvette who says, " I've never driven a stick shift, but how hard can it be?" If he gets elected he'll probably find em' or grind em' for the first two or three years. Maybe in a banana republic a celebrity can run a country with the US baby sitting them, but there will nobody to baby sit Trump but Putin.

Old 10-31-2016, 06:53 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Proud voters who think the country can thrive if they vote for corruption.
The more corruption in government the better they say.
The first person to run for president who is under active FBI investigation.
What a proud moment for America that someone like crooked Hillary is a candidate.

Old 10-31-2016, 06:58 AM

4,960 posts, read 2,238,771 times
Quote:

I disagree on your points, but thanks for sharing your views without digressing into insults and name-calling.

Old 10-31-2016, 07:00 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Voted for Clinton as well. Great post, OP.

Old 10-31-2016, 07:03 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times
I voted for Gary Johnson, sadly one of two people who belong in jail will win this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections