Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 07:53 AM

9,909 posts, read 7,692,561 times

Advertisements

Position on Immigration
I agree with Trump on triple number of ICE officers; defund sanctuary cities; increase prevailing wage for H1-B visas
And agree with Clinton on a path to legalization for illegal immigrants that includes learning English and paying fines; toughen penalties for hiring illegal immigrants; voted for fence along Mexican border.

Position on Healthcare
I agree with Trump on
Get rid of Obamacare; Let insurance be sold across state lines. Premiums should be tax deductible. Allow HSAs for individuals. Block grants to states for Medicaid instead of cost sharing.

Nothing though with Clinton do I agree with on Healthcare.

Position on Abortion
Don't agree with both candidates stances on abortion.

Tax Policies
Not sure

Economic Policies
I agree with Trump:
Declare China a currency manipulator. A one-time repatriation of corporate cash held overseas at 10% tax rate, followed by an end to the deferral of taxes on corporate income earned abroad. Higher minimum wage. Encourage corporate profit-sharing via a tax credit for 2 years.

Position on Minimum Wage
Comments all over the map. In Republican debate said wages are "too high", but later said $7.25 an hour is too low. "I think people should get more". Wants to let states set the minimum.

Agree with Trump

Position on Government Regulation
I don't know where the candidates stand here. If one is for less Government regulation and pro environment have my vote.

Position on Iraq
Not sure where they stand on the issue of Troops in the Middle East right now

Position on Global Warming
Trump has tweeted "The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive." He has said he would renegotiate America’s role and obligations under the U.N. global climate accord. Supports a mandatory cap-and-trade system to reduce carbon emissions 80% below 1990 levels by 2050. Has called for more regulations on fracking but not outright bans. Expressed doubts on drilling for oil in the Arctic but not called for stopping.

Somewhat agree with Trump not sure where Clinton stands on these issues.

Position on the Keystone XL Pipeline
Agree with Clinton on this
For a long time Clinton’s campaign said she has no position, often hedging on the question. Her position now is "I don't think we need to have a pipeline bringing very dirty oil, exploiting the tar sands in western Canada, across our border."

Position on Gun Rights
Agree with Trump on this

Position on Marijuana Legalization:

Agree with Trump

Position on Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP)
Agree with Trump

Position on Death Penalty
Don't agree with either candidate

Position on Syria and ISIS (Daesh)
Don't agree with either

Position on TARP (2008 Wall Street bailout)
Trump supported the Wall Street bailout (TARP):
Don't agree with either candidate.

I'll vote for the neutral or pro candidate for same-sex marriages.

Old 11-04-2016, 07:54 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,005,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Foster View Post
Good one.
Thank you.

Being the impartial person that I am, I will note that two of my votes were for Hillary, the other two were for Donald. I shall cast the fifth and deciding vote on Tuesday, although I may chicken out and vote for Mr. Johnson.

Old 11-04-2016, 07:59 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,644,356 times
I couldn't wait until election day and voted early.
I was excited to vote for the first time and voting to put America first was an easy choice.
Naturally my commonsense vote went to Trump and his vision to put the priorities of America before the rest of the world. I knew before I registered I was never going to vote for a dynasty candidate like Bush or Clinton. After a year of the corruption and scandal surrounding crooked Hillary I knew my original idea not to vote for a dy"nasty" candidate was on solid footing.

Old 11-04-2016, 08:00 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,323,601 times
I live in one of those western states with one large city. Because my home is not in that city, my vote is irrelevant. Thus, I feel free to cast my ballot as a form of protest, which I did by leaving the presidential line blank. Neither of the major-party candidates is even remotely qualified to lead our unfortunate country. Bad news for America; worse news for the world.

Old 11-04-2016, 08:03 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Quote:
I don't feel like voting any more.
Good! Then don't.

Quote:
How many of you feel like this?
Everyone who stays home makes my vote count that much more.

I'm happy to vote for both of us.

Old 11-04-2016, 08:05 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,796,161 times
I have several friends who feel this way. When I filled out my ballot it was a good couple of weeks before I sent it out because I second guessed myself. Even a few of my friends still have their ballots staring them down. Worst election ever.

Old 11-04-2016, 08:07 AM

37,797 posts, read 40,996,819 times
I early voted on October 25 in person. They don't even poll in my state. My guess is Trump will win my state by 15.

Old 11-04-2016, 08:13 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,029,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post

I'll vote for the neutral or pro candidate for same-sex marriages.

I believe they're both pro same-sex marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I couldn't wait until election day and voted early.
I was excited to vote for the first time and voting to put America first was an easy choice.
Naturally my commonsense vote went to Trump and his vision to put the priorities of America before the rest of the world. I knew before I registered I was never going to vote for a dynasty candidate like Bush or Clinton. After a year of the corruption and scandal surrounding crooked Hillary I knew my original idea not to vote for a dy"nasty" candidate was on solid footing.

Isn't it amusing how many liberals were all in a hissy snit about 2 Bushes but now want 2 Clintons. It's part of why we laugh at them.

Old 11-04-2016, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Good! Then don't.

Everyone who stays home makes my vote count that much more.

I'm happy to vote for both of us.

I'll go I might just leave it blank. Have to Vote hoping to get at least one Republican Rep or Senator representing our State in Congress.

Old 11-04-2016, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
I believe they're both pro same-sex marriage.

Pence concerns me. Normally wouldn't be worried about a VP. However, there's so much uncertainty how long each Candidate can stay in Office and could be impeached. I respect Pence, but he is the old Conservative way. That really hinders my vote for Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections