Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 05:42 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,764,116 times

Advertisements

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...rward-is-grim/

We've spent a lot of time talking about Florida recently because it has the most electoral votes of Trump's must-wins and because it has been the closest race of the three. If Trump loses Florida? Done. Over. President Clinton, once again. But if Trump wins Florida? It doesn't mean President Trump.

This is important because Clinton holding North Carolina makes Trump's path to 270 electoral votes much, much harder.

If Clinton wins North Carolina, Trump's 259 electoral votes from the everything-goes-right scenario fall to 244 electoral votes. That means he probably needs to win at least three other states that aren't currently in his column to win the election.

He's unlikely to pick them up elsewhere in the Rust Belt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2016, 05:44 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
You shouldn't post this. I'm hoping for a 2012 replay where Trump supporters are absolutely certain of their victory and then, boom! The crushing blow.

Old 11-04-2016, 05:49 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,658,299 times
Not a Hillary supporter but I see this as the most likely scenario next week. Hillary will probably barely carry Florida at the end of the day and probably North Carolina as well. I can see Trump winning the other battleground states though. I definitely don't see him pulling off some miracle like taking Pennsylvania or Michigan or something like that. Just not going to happen. So that's why I'm still pretty certain Hillary will win at the end of the day.

Old 11-04-2016, 05:50 PM

1,327 posts, read 723,239 times
Oh look, clinton supporters pushing for clinton. Trump will win by bigger numbers than you imagine.

Old 11-04-2016, 05:50 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldus View Post
Not a Hillary supporter but I see this as the most likely scenario next week. Hillary will probably barely carry Florida at the end of the day and probably North Carolina as well. I can see Trump winning the other battleground states though. I definitely don't see him pulling off some miracle like taking Pennsylvania or Michigan or something like that. Just not going to happen. So that's why I'm still pretty certain Hillary will win at the end of the day.
Shhhh

Old 11-04-2016, 06:00 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
We heard you dems saying it was over two weeks ago, and look what happened.

Hillary has been dropping in the polls for the last two weeks.

Trumps is up, or competitive in enough swing states that he has a very good chance of winning.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:28 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Financialguy View Post
Oh look, clinton supporters pushing for clinton. Trump will win by bigger numbers than you imagine.
I will congratulate you and all the other trump supporters on here if you're right. Unlikely though!

Old 11-04-2016, 06:53 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,223,098 times
NC and FL are key, no question, but Trump has a great shot in both. It's not like they are MI or PA which would be more surprising.

Old 11-04-2016, 07:12 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
I am In the i4 corridor. I am hoping all those old republican snowbirds got up at 6 am drank their coffee, put in their teeth, and hit the early polling places before their golf game this week. -and the are alllll done . What transplanted for the elections is done. Traffic has been horrendous today, I hope that means - like I don't want to Drive in it, they do not either. The Canadians are here now and next Friday is a holiday so more Tourists. So stay safe little people stay home.
Now true natives the silent majority can go vote . See the 2 hrs lines in others states, old folks, you can't stand in the hot Fl sun that long,,, you will get a stroke !

Old 11-18-2016, 10:49 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,826,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
You shouldn't post this. I'm hoping for a 2012 replay where Trump supporters are absolutely certain of their victory and then, boom! The crushing blow.
This applied to the Democrats this year. So certain of their victory and then, boom! The crushing blow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections