Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 11:30 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,987,172 times

Advertisements

Trump's comments are despicable and deplorable to say the least. The following is very upsetting:

How can Trump claim that people were being bused after closing times? That's awful. This man does not believe in civil liberties, at least not for "certain groups"

Quote:
Taking the stage here, Trump then suggested that the polling location's extended closing time to allow voters to cast their ballots is a sign of a "rigged system" pitted against his campaign.
"It's being reported that certain key Democratic polling locations in Clark County were kept open for hours and hours beyond closing time to bus and bring democratic voters in. Folks, it's a rigged system. It's a rigged system and we're going to beat it. We're going to beat it," Trump said Saturday.
His remarks were delivered before someone in the audience shouted "gun,"
Nevada GOP chair: Polling locations open late so 'certain group' can vote - CNNPolitics.com

Ok I think now I understand why a Trumpette shouted "gun" LOL That might have been someone that actually works for the campaign that KellyAnne planted in case Trump said something really stupid.

Old 11-06-2016, 11:37 AM

14,991 posts, read 12,200,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Except they weren't excepted because of their race. The lines were so long

Well, if those polling place was kept open to accomodate a couple busloads of illegal aliens brought there for the purpose of "voting", he might well have a point.

Criminal President Obama Encourages Illegal Aliens to Vote - Promises No Repercussions (VIDEO)

According to the twistings of the Obama here, voting makes one a citizen??????

Never mind, voting as an illegal alien will have no repercussions, so go ahead, vote as many times as you want! :

Old 11-06-2016, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I'll tell you exactly what's controversial about it. Arizona as an example. For this years primaries instead of 200 polling places in Maracopa county, the republican controlled state controller only put out 60. This resulted in many people waiting 7 hours or more in line to vote.
Your dog whistle is that Republicans are inferring that Latinos are being allowed to break the law and vote past closing time at the polls.

Republican strategy this year to suppress voting is to reduce the number of polling stations in minority and high density democratic precincts and then complain the vote is rigged because people are still voting after the polls are supposed to be closed. Adding the element that "certain groups" was an added touch of republican deceit.
This is so irritating. 4 years ago I was in line for 6 hours. My crime? to live in precinct that votes mostly democrat. Early voting was even worse. 6 freaking hours I waited under the freaking hot Florida sun. I know the crap these people are going through. I'm so sick and tired of republican dirty tricks.

I remember last election I saw on TV a poor woman who had been in line for 7 hours and it was already past midnight. They asked her who she was voting for and she said Romney, then they informed her that Obama had already won the reelection.

Old 11-06-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Well, if those polling place was kept open to accomodate a couple busloads of illegal aliens brought there for the purpose of "voting", he might well have a point.

Criminal President Obama Encourages Illegal Aliens to Vote - Promises No Repercussions (VIDEO)

Never mind, voting as an illegal alien will have no repercussions, so go ahead, vote as many times as you want! :
What a load of nonsense.

You always sounded like a sensible poster. I can't believe you are posting conspiracy theories now. Are you the same Travelassie I have known for years or was this account hacked by some Trump supporter in her family?

Old 11-06-2016, 11:46 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,485,895 times
"Polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. You have the right to vote if you’re in line or inside your polling place when the polls close."

Know Your Voting Rights

Old 11-06-2016, 11:46 AM

549 posts, read 293,117 times
If only people would just vote against republicans wholesale... If it's republican, vote against it ...

Enough of their antics! Stop playing softball while they play hardball.

In this election cycle (and in 2018) it's the duty of every decent person to vote this party of scoundrels, crazies and fascists out of power, in every possible contest.

Old 11-06-2016, 11:48 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,974,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post

What proof is there that all those peoolebare illegal aliens? What makes you think they are illegals? Because they are Hispanic?

Old 11-06-2016, 11:49 AM

51,660 posts, read 25,900,536 times
Quote:
Nevada GOP Chairman Laments That 'Certain Groups' Got More Time To Vote | Huffington Post

Turnout was historically high at this polling place, and a GOP official complained that "certain groups" got too much time to vote
Those "certain groups" are most likely working Americans.

They are likely to be the ones who don't have the option of taking a "long lunch" or leaving early to vote on Tuesday.

They may have two jobs they are trying to juggle, may be sharing a car with a working spouse, or taking public transportation.

Other posts have already gone into the despicable practice of limiting polling stations and early voting in Democratic precincts, then whining about how they are allowed to stand in line for hours to vote.

Republicans have been "rigging the system" for years now. Democrats are publicizing their weasel ways and judges are calling a halt to it.

Of course, now they're whining "no fair."

Give me a break.

Old 11-06-2016, 11:49 AM

15,652 posts, read 10,425,074 times
I can't even count the number of representatives of and in the democrat party who have disparaged over and over again those "dumb", "white", "high school educated", "uneducated" Trump voters. Discrimination is prevalent in the Dem party. I have not seen the outright hatred toward people with a certain skin color so blatantly espoused with no recrimination in decades...and that discrimination and hate filled rhetoric is OK, accepted, even applauded by the Left.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 11-06-2016 at 11:59 AM..

Old 11-06-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
What proof is there that all those peoolebare illegal aliens? What makes you think they are illegals? Because they are Hispanic?
Trump supporters last desperate attempt to invalidate Latino vote is to claim Obama encouraged illegals to vote:

FALSE: In an interview aimed at a millennial audience, President Obama encouraged Latino citizens to vote. He did not urge undocumented immigrants to vote.

Quote:
Many of the outrage posts were written around a video in which the majority of the president's response was edited out to give the misleading impression that Obama was urging undocumented immigrants to vote illegally.

In the full interview, it's clear Obama is urging Latino citizens to vote in order to give voice to members of their community who are precluded from doing so by lack of citizenship, not urging non-citizens to vote illegally.
Obama Encouraged 'Illegal Aliens' to Vote : snopes.com

Here's the unedited interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLLt-a6dI_0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections