Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 05:44 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
There is also this from @magicroyalty:

It took FBI Director Comey 1 yr to go through 60K emails, and 4 days to go through 650K emails. Nothing to see here folks! #RiggedSystem

650,000 Emails
9 Days
72,222 A Day
3000 An Hour
50 A Minute
About 1 A Second

#RiggedSystem #Corruption

Drain the swamp, vote Trump.
Ummm, they didn't scan them one by one using a highlighter...it's called technology, folks. You know, the same technology that got us the internet?

Even Snowden said it's entirely possible. You remember Snowden, the right wing hero?

So we're back to saying it's rigged? Sounds a lot like sour grapes to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 06:03 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,497,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
1second per email.....c'mon man

I have run computer programs that process 20,000 rows per second and faster.

When the program is searching for specific data, such as a keyword of hillary's emailid, the subset of hillary's emails can easily be determined. In reality, of the 650,000 emails, only a smaller subset was likely related to Hillary's emailid. Since it was Wiener's laptop, the Weiner emails that didn't have any Hillary email keywords were eliminated.

Once Hillary's subset was determined, all via computer searches and comparisons - then the Hillary related emails would go through additional searches/comparisons via computer. Such as doing a comparison looking for duplicates against the subset of emails that the FBI already had before from Hillary. This all is done with high speed computers and high speed complex database searches.

Humans only had to read the emails that were identified to be Hillary's AND identified to NOT be duplicates. This subset was likely small enough to review in a timely manner.

It's 2016 folks. They didn't have to print out 650,000 emails and have humans sitting at desks with highlighters while they manually reviewed every email.

BTW - I am a Software Engineer that specializes in programming database searches, data comparisons, calculations and loads for huge volumes of data for large corporations. High speed processing of massive amounts of data is nothing these days. I can go through 5 billion rows of data in minutes with software tools that are commonly available. I can only imagine the software tools that are used by the FBI - likely top of the line.

Last edited by sware2cod; 11-07-2016 at 06:12 AM..

Old 11-07-2016, 06:09 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,770,190 times
Quote:

It took FBI Director Comey 1 yr to go through 60K emails, and 4 days to go through 650K emails. Nothing to see here folks! #RiggedSystem

650,000 Emails
9 Days
72,222 A Day
3000 An Hour
50 A Minute
About 1 A Second

A supercomputer can go thru 650K in an hour. All they have to do is look for keywords.

They can't go thru them in person it would take 10s of thousands of people to do it.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:11 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,770,190 times
Quote:

650,000 Emails
9 Days
72,222 A Day
3000 An Hour
50 A Minute
About 1 A Second

Also they were duplicates, a computer can go thru and determine that in an hour also.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:11 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I have run computer programs that process 20,000 rows per second and faster.

When the program is searching for specific data, such as a keyword of hillary's emailid, the subset of hillary's emails can easily be determined. In reality, of the 650,000 emails, only a smaller subset was likely related to Hillary's emailid. Since it was Wiener's laptop, the Weiner emails that didn't have any Hillary email keywords were eliminated.

Once Hillary's subset was determined, all via computer searches and comparisons - then the Hillary related emails would go through additional searches/comparisons via computer. Such as doing a comparison looking for duplicates against the subset of emails that the FBI already had before from Hillary. This all is done with high speed computers and high speed complex database searches.

Humans only had to read the emails that were identified to be Hillary's AND identified to NOT be duplicates. This subset was likely small enough to review in a timely manner.

It's 2016 folks. They didn't have to print out 650,000 emails and have humans sitting at desks with highlighters while they manually reviewed every email.

BTW - I am a Software Engineer that specializes in programming database searches, data comparisons and loads for huge volumes of data for large corporations. High speed processing of massive amounts of data is nothing these days. I can go through 5 billion rows of data in minutes with software tools that are commonly available. I can only imagine the software tools that are used by the FBI - likely top of the line.
I cannot imagine people think that agents combed through the emails one by one. I guess they forgot about computers.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:12 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,260,970 times
650K emails is nothing for a computer. I'm constantly amazed at how many people are clueless about the power of modern technology.
I do all sorts of fancy technical things. When non-tech savvy people ask me "how did you do that", I just answer "We have computers now".

So, when I heard it couldn't be done the first thing I thought was "nonsense".
All that they need is a program to sort though the duplicates and it's done in no time. It's not at all hard.
Then today Snowden says exactly that.

Quote:
Drop non-responsive To:/CC:/BCC:, hash both sets, then subtract those that match. Old laptops could do it in minutes-to-hours.
Minutes to hours. I'm sure they had a few smart people at the FBI working on this. They even have new laptops.
A better question might be "Why did it take 9 days?"

Last edited by eaton53; 11-07-2016 at 06:32 AM..

Old 11-07-2016, 06:14 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,931,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I cannot imagine people think that agents combed through the emails one by one. I guess they forgot about computers.
They don't really think that, they are not stupid. But as they have learned from Trump - lies and exaggeration are never off the table, they are the primary strategy. Keep repeating the mantra - because there are plenty of empty headed people ready and willing to be taken in.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:17 AM

30,072 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:

650,000 Emails
9 Days
72,222 A Day
3000 An Hour
50 A Minute
About 1 A Second

That is correct. Senator Grassley is already looking into this miscarriage of justice.

The depth of corruption in the Obama admin and the DOJ is astounding. One email per second!!!!!

Old 11-07-2016, 06:19 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
650K emails is nothing for a computer.
When I heard that it couldn't be done the first thing I thought was nonsense... all that they need is a program to sort though the duplicates and it's done in no time.
Then today Snowden says exactly that.

Minutes to hours. And they're not using old laptops.
Makes you wonder why the FBI didn't just do this first, before making an announcement, doesn't it? They would have known within a few days that there was no reason to say anything. But that wouldn't have given Comey his last opportunity to attempt to influence the election.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:19 AM

14,683 posts, read 14,659,278 times
Low information voters strike again. Coding software is used in pretty much all high-level research these days to parse down large volumes of data into meaningful groupings, and analysts go from there. But since most Trumpers live in the mental Stone Age, they haven't moved beyond chisel-and-tablet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections