Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 10:28 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,487,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
That last sentence should tell you something about the insanity of your candidate. These are people who normally support Republicans but even they are totally repulsed by the absurdity of your nominee.
Yes, one who talks bad about the bought and sold system and wants to serve the people won't get that pool of money from big business. Pretty obvious, right? Most thinking people would see that as a major positive given the state of our current bought and sold political system. Unless you like being used?

And talking about insanity.....you dems/hil supporters, now on the bush team who you blamed with the infamous "it's bush's fault!", now back that same money source, ie the controlling source.

You guys, seriously....it's hilarious to watch the "we hate bush/those evil republicans!" yet you are now playing the same money source and it's ok!

Funny and sad the denial flow here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Can't blame them for trying to prevent an economic wreaking ball called Donald Trump. His 45% tax hike on imports is insane.
"economic wreaking ball?" Please tell me what mega billion $ company you created/run and then you might be able to talk.

A happy customer with politics being a bought and sold system/doesn't serve the people. The intelligence level sure is high in the "educated one's" corner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 10:46 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,747,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
"economic wreaking ball?" Please tell me what mega billion $ company you created/run and then you might be able to talk.
I can talk without owning a billion dollar company. Trump does not have any experience in running a country, and his proposals to impose massive taxes on imports shows it. It will cause the price of consumer goods to skyrocket and it will also start a trade war, which will hurt exports. He wants to cut taxes and he also called for a $500 billion stimulus bill to fix roads and bridged, which it straight out of Obama's play-book.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 11-07-2016 at 10:55 AM..

Old 11-07-2016, 11:24 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,517,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I can talk without owning a billion dollar company. Trump does not have any experience in running a country, and his proposals to impose massive taxes on imports shows it. It will cause the price of consumer goods to skyrocket and it will also start a trade war, which will hurt exports. He wants to cut taxes and he also called for a $500 billion stimulus bill to fix roads and bridged, which it straight out of Obama's play-book.
Which country did Obama run before being elected ? Or any other President ?

Old 11-07-2016, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Which country did Obama run before being elected ? Or any other President ?
I am sure you'd rated deflect and talk about someone else, but to answer the obvious, he was running the United States as a part of the US Senate.

Trump's economic ideas are a wrecking ball. I can't afford him.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:32 AM

1,640 posts, read 798,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
So liberals love Wall Street now?
I'd like to see my 401k do as well as possible.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:32 AM

1,043 posts, read 901,889 times
The hedgies got to make a few more bucks off the little guys before the rates are raised in December and the markets crash. If Hillary is elected she will have 'something to do' - give her rich elite supporters a chance to take more money from people's retirement accounts!!

YAY!!!!

Old 11-07-2016, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
I'd like to see my 401k do as well as possible.
There has been the biggest outflow of money from hedge funds since 2009.

They are pulling out their money so that when it crashes they can get back in and ride it up again.

I wouldn't trust your retirement money in this market. I don't and am sitting on cash to put in when it tanks.

Gotta play like the big boys on Wall Street to make it - while a democrat who only cares about the elites - is in office.

Good luck out there.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:54 AM

1,640 posts, read 798,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post

They are pulling out their money so that when it crashes they can get back in and ride it up again.

I wouldn't trust your retirement money in this market. I don't and am sitting on cash to put in when it tanks.

Gotta play like the big boys on Wall Street to make it - while a democrat who only cares about the elites - is in office.

Good luck out there.
I need to learn how to manage it. It's currently outside my scope, but it's on my agenda to learn. Anyhow, we rely on Wall Street. It's a part of our economy and allows us to live as we do. So, I don't strictly hate on WS. I do think regulation is key and while current reform efforts need to be improved I'm definitely not on board with Trump wanting to deregulate.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post

Which source is this (the balded) speculation based on? Average funds are giving returns of 3%, which is half of what S&P is giving, so why should they stay in?

Old 11-07-2016, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
I need to learn how to manage it. It's currently outside my scope, but it's on my agenda to learn. Anyhow, we rely on Wall Street. It's a part of our economy and allows us to live as we do. So, I don't strictly hate on WS. I do think regulation is key and while current reform efforts need to be improved I'm definitely not on board with Trump wanting to deregulate.
The stock market is suppose to encourage investors through successful business practices.

If you want to own a part of a company you can and benefit when it does well.

The problem is with the government giving away money with low interest rates it has turned into gambling. This is mostly done by the super rich on Wall Street. Most regular folks contribute a portion from their paycheck but don't know what is going on. Wall Street has been cycling through the industries over the past few years - they pick healthcare and ride it up then take the money and run, then they move to utilities and ride it up and run, then onto tech stocks....

The cycle continues and the only winners are them unless you happen to pay close attention and buy individual stocks (as oppose to mutual funds) and move your money around.

Gone are the days when you could just sit back and relax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections