Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 12:42 PM

1,640 posts, read 797,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Have any of these Hillary supporters seen what's going on in Paris now

Funny this article is from the Pro Hillary NYTIMES

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/04...ww.google.com/

What do they think will happen when Hillary lets in a s load of refugees??
Who do you think is largely responsible for creating the mess? We played a huge role and we need to play a huge role in fixing it. We completely destabilized the region. We elected GW. We brought in Cheney. We brought in Rove. We brought in congress. We own at lease some of that responsibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 12:45 PM

1,043 posts, read 901,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
He wants to spend who knows how much of our money building a wall, renegotiate NAFTA based on what appears to be dated ideas that will ultimately cost us, deregulate, and doesn't have the foresight to grasp the importance of the Iran deal. What specific policy attracts you?
Safety and security
Immigration - both wall and refugees
Get corruption out of government - Drain the Swamp - it needed to be done a long time ago
Re-negotiated trade deals and stopping the TPP
Better relations with Russia and other countries
Tariffs on companies who move overseas
Repeal Obamacare
Get rid of ISIS once and for all
Term limits on Senators
Get rid of common core in our education system
Be a cheerleader for the country and bring us together
Stop blaming the police force
Stop the state run biased media

Most of my family lives and works in areas of heavy manufacturing economies (both here in the US and Canada); I want them to have good lifelong jobs and prosperity.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
NAFTA didn't cost us ?
Renegotiating NAFTA is not going to do anything for the American auto worker as Trump purports based on what I've been reading. I posted some graphs in another thread. MFG in the US was on a steep decline starting in the 40's. MFG production, OTOH, steeply increased within the US following NAFTA anyhow due to the implementation of automation. It was already happening. If not cheap labor outside the US then robots inside. I don't see what exactly Trump is going to do with that.

Old 11-07-2016, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
Safety and security
Immigration - both wall and refugees
Get corruption out of government - Drain the Swamp - it needed to be done a long time ago
Re-negotiated trade deals and stopping the TPP
Better relations with Russia and other countries
Tariffs on companies who move overseas
Repeal Obamacare
Get rid of ISIS once and for all
Term limits on Senators
Get rid of common core in our education system
Be a cheerleader for the country and bring us together
Stop blaming the police force
Stop the state run biased media

Most of my family lives and works in areas of heavy manufacturing economies (both here in the US and Canada); I want them to have good lifelong jobs and prosperity.
- I cannot think of a more scary person to elect when it comes to safety and security. How is he going to keep anyone safe? You think him keeping out refugees is what is going to keep us safe? Really? Why?

- Unless the US simply becomes insulated and non-globalized this wall idea is not going to work. And if we become non-globalized we will no longer be a super power. You do understand that, right? It's our science and technology that matters and you cannot develop that in a walled off America. And if your fear is terrorist violence coming from refugees, are you equally afraid of young, white American males? They equally mass shoot/bomb, rape, etc.

- Again, renegotiate NAFTA for what exactly? Explain to me how that works. I know he wants to add tariffs to imports. Ok. And then we have a trade war going. That's to bring the business back here in the US from Mexico so robots can do the mfg? I must be missing something.

-You want the most corrupt man who has ever run for office to get corruption out of the government? He's being sued in dozens of law suits for Trump university, his non-charity donation collection, stiffing contractors, etc. This is all public record.

- With Russia- so you are on board with Putin and Assad bombing the crap out of civilians? There is no way the US could side with Russia on the world stage with their activities.

-Repeal Obamacare and replace it with what? Trump has offered nothing to replace it.

-Get rid of ISIS? Really? If he wants to get rid of ISIS then why does he think the Iran deal was so bad? As I've mentioned before, between diverting monies away from the Sepah, opening Iran to foreign investment, let alone inspections, and bringing them into the fold seems like a good start from where I sit. Or at least better than doing nothing.

Whether it's Assad, ISIS, Al qaeda, or a host of other terrorist entities Putin looks to only benefit from it. If we want to really fight terrorism I have come to the agreed conclusion in my circles that the western world needs to get off oil entirely and stop funding that region. In the mean time getting in bed with Putin is not the answer imo.

Anyhow, your list isn't well thought. It's just his talking points.

Old 11-07-2016, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
- I cannot think of a more scary person to elect when it comes to safety and security. How is he going to keep anyone safe? You think him keeping out refugees is what is going to keep us safe? Really? Why?

- Unless the US simply becomes insulated and non-globalized this wall idea is not going to work. And if we become non-globalized we will no longer be a super power. You do understand that, right? It's our science and technology that matters and you cannot develop that in a walled off America. And if your fear is terrorist violence coming from refugees, are you equally afraid of young, white American males? They equally mass shoot/bomb, rape, etc.

- Again, renegotiate NAFTA for what exactly? Explain to me how that works. I know he wants to add tariffs to imports. Ok. And then we have a trade war going. That's to bring the business back here in the US from Mexico so robots can do the mfg? I must be missing something.

-You want the most corrupt man who has ever run for office to get corruption out of the government? He's being sued in dozens of law suits for Trump university, his non-charity donation collection, stiffing contractors, etc. This is all public record.

- With Russia- so you are on board with Putin and Assad bombing the crap out of civilians? There is no way the US could side with Russia on the world stage with their activities.

-Repeal Obamacare and replace it with what? Trump has offered nothing to replace it.

-Get rid of ISIS? Really? If he wants to get rid of ISIS then why does he think the Iran deal was so bad? As I've mentioned before, between diverting monies away from the Sepah, opening Iran to foreign investment, let alone inspections, and bringing them into the fold seems like a good start from where I sit. Or at least better than doing nothing.

Whether it's Assad, ISIS, Al qaeda, or a host of other terrorist entities Putin looks to only benefit from it. If we want to really fight terrorism I have come to the agreed conclusion in my circles that the western world needs to get off oil entirely and stop funding that region. In the mean time getting in bed with Putin is not the answer imo.

Anyhow, your list isn't well thought. It's just his talking points.
Well then if you say so...

Old 11-07-2016, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Well then if you say so...
It's not me saying so. Those are exactly Trump's talking points and are about as detailed as he gets. Please show me if that's not the case. Don't you want/expect more? Do you try to drill it down?

Old 11-07-2016, 01:13 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,735,706 times
Quote:
He can pick whomever he wants for his cabinet. As long as he's the top dog I couldn't care less.
Quote:
I trust his judgement a lot more than Crooked Hillary !
You guys crack me up.

Trump is on record that he plans to nominate a Goldman Sachs banker who worked with investment groups affiliated with George Soros to head the treasury department and you don't care.

Quote:
Donald Trump has told prospective donors that, if elected president, he plans to nominate former Goldman Sachs banker Steve Mnuchin for U.S. Treasury Secretary.

That’s according to Anthony Scaramucci, a high-profile hedge fund manager and Trump fundraiser.

Mnuchin, who is a former donor to Hillary Clinton, spent 17 years with Goldman Sachs where his father also had been a prominent executive. He later worked with investment groups affiliated with George Soros, including as chairman of controversial mortgage lender OneWest Bank Group (which would later be acquired by CIT Group).
Here Is Who Donald Trump Wants for Treasury Secretary

What a freaking joke you are.

Old 11-07-2016, 01:13 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,291,973 times
Quote:
Have any of these Hillary supporters seen what's going on in Paris now

Funny this article is from the Pro Hillary NYTIMES

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/04...ww.google.com/

What do they think will happen when Hillary lets in a s load of refugees??
The US vets and investigates refugees for 2 years. It is a long and arduous process and many people are turned down. CBS News did an excellent piece on it. Worth watching.

Those refugees in Europe marched in with almost no vetting.

Very different.

There was an excellent Frontline on PBS a couple of weeks ago about terrorism in Europe and why what has happened has happened. Also worth watching.

There are many many complex reasons for why they are having the problems they are. Security is not good, no intelligence sharing, not enough manpower, different geography, etc. The US is totally totally different.

It would be great if people actually looked at issues in context and with all the background and facts, rather than simplifying it down to slogans and bumper stickers.

Terror in Europe | FRONTLINE | PBS

How the U.S. screens Syrian refugees - CBS News

Old 11-07-2016, 02:47 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,291,973 times
If you really believe Trump will win and you own any stock--you better start liquidating.

The market will tank.

Market predictions: S&P 500 to sell off if Donald Trump tops Clinton, and more from Wall Street

Old 11-07-2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
If you really believe Trump will win and you own any stock--you better start liquidating.

The market will tank.

Market predictions: S&P 500 to sell off if Donald Trump tops Clinton, and more from Wall Street
I already did. About 30% of it.

Its gonna tank either way - Hillary has got to keep helping her cronies drag more money out of the everyday Americans hands. And we all know the economy stinks so it's about their only option now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections