Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 08:11 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,763,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Also Ryan was a virulent anti Trumper."

Last week Ryan said he AND HIS WIFE HAD VOTED FOR TRUMP.
I don't believe that lyin sack of poop at all. But for arguments sake maybe he did vote for Trump..however he didn't support him in the least.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:12 AM

59,216 posts, read 27,416,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Let's not start confusing the majority of the electoral votes with the majority of the popular vote.
As of right now, Clinton has more actual votes than does Trump, so probably don't want to go spewing any nonsense about the "majority" just yet.

In any event, it is so typically "American" to follow perhaps the classiest president with the most classless.

One step forward, two hundred steps back.
"As of right now, Clinton has more actual votes than does Trump,"

I posted that I just saw that Trump got more popular votes then Hillary.

That could change but, as of NOW, he is ahead.

Donald J. Trump 58,340,980

Hillary Clinton 58,172,112

http://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/national.php

In any case it does NOT matter.

We elect by the Electoral College.

Many don't like it but, that is thee way is NOW.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:12 AM

18,046 posts, read 27,501,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
And now it's our turn to spew hate at you, insult Trump, his family, his white trash redneck supporters (we can say that now because PC is dead), we can give you everything back in kind.
What you call white trash red necks I call blue collar workers. Grind your teeth for four years. That ain't gonna hurt mine a bit.

Oh, and just an fyi, don't be so smug until the fat lady sings.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:13 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,729,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I wasn't a Hillary supporter, but I don't think this is true. She is a statesman and will be gracious. Now the Obamas - that's a different story.
The Obamas have been and always will be the most gracious First Couple this country has seen in a very long time.
The President already has a meeting set for Thursday with the man who lied for years about his place of birth and millions of other things.
Y'all can project your crassness and fondness for uncouth behavior onto the President for as long as you live, but it will never be true any more than it will be true that Trump isn't a bigot or a sexual predator or a liar or a cheat.

Congratulations to all of y'all for proving that you have absolutely no idea what a good man actually is.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:15 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,289,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
I don't believe that lyin sack of poop at all. But for arguments sake maybe he did vote for Trump..however he didn't support him in the least.

Some people put morality, ethics, and personal standards of decent behavior above ideology . Others don't, and therefore we have Trump as POTUS.

If some Third World African nation were to elect a leader of Trumps character and admitted deeds, we collectively as a nation, conservatives and liberals alike would mock them for being so stupid . Yet conservatives elected the same type to the leadership of a nation they regard as the moral leader of the world . Quite laughable .

Old 11-09-2016, 08:16 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,879,951 times
Hillary drama queens... you think the world just up and died reading their posts... the DOW is doing fantastic... what happen to doomsday? A bunch of liars Hillary liberals are...

Old 11-09-2016, 08:16 AM

17,453 posts, read 9,285,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
True indeed. I had noted two weeks ago that I was struck by Michael Moore, the film-maker, whom appeared on CNN and spoke of how Donald John Trump would win the 'rust belt' states. Mr. Moore (of whom we had a thread about his prediction of a Trump win), stated something like (paraphrased):

"Those voters (in the rust belt) are not racists or in the fringe of Trump supporters. Rather, they have watched their jobs disappear for the past decades and their wages decrease. To them, a vote for Clinton would mean more of the same, while at least Donald Trump says he will bring back those middle class jobs".

I had thought that Mr. Trump was foolish to spend so much time in the area, but he was obviously correct, as was Mr. Moore.

Anyway, it was an exciting night of television! I thought Ms. Clinton had a good chance of winning during the first few hours, especially when early Texas results showed a surprisingly close race (I do not know how it ended up). Indeed, early on she had an early 10 point lead in Ohio. Imagine my surprise when that lead (that was based on only 5 percent of the vote or such), quickly evaporated, and ended up with a strong lead by Mr. Trump.

I will note that, for the past months, I had been beating the drum saying 'take the polls with a grain of salt', pointing out that Gallup was sitting out this cycle due to the unreliability of polling in todays landscape. It appears that the polls were utterly incorrect. Now, some may end up pointing to one or two that were correct, but when you have some 800 (so I read) pollsters, that a few correctly called it may be due more to happenstance rather than science. Of course, the polling industry will be studying any polls that were correct, and see if said pollsters had discovered the 'magic combination' of landlines and cell phones, etc.

I did think that Ms. Clinton would win, based on the demographics, and the fact that Mr. Trump had been alienating large segments of the population. I did see that one segment, 'white women with college degrees', broke for Mr. Trump (as well as, of course, Independents). Those whom maintained that there were 'shy' Trump supporters were apparently correct.
I believe I tried to explain several times WHY the polls were getting it wrong. They all (but a couple) crashed and burned last night. I think the Democrats that crossed over were "shy", but many either didn't get polled or wouldn't answer polls - they planned on the only "Poll" that counts.

About that "demographics" thing - I've always thought it was odd that these "experts", "pundits" and "establishment types" chose to ignore the MAJOR "demographic" in the USA -- White People, mostly working white people & many of them outside the Urban Centers. Next after the Racial Majority - these same "experts" chose to dump all Women into one Basket, turns out that a lot of these "women" are married with children & families - they have the same concerns that men have and so do many of the "minorities". This Basket thing that the Left insists on failed - it's worn out.

White Americans are the racial majority. African Americans are the largest racial minority, amounting to 13.2% of the population. Hispanic and Latino Americans amount to 17% of the population, making up the largest ethnic minority. The White, non-Hispanic or Latino population make up 62.6% of the nation's total, with the total White population (including White Hispanics and Latinos) being 77%.

Trump proved it is more important to win over the people than the experts. He clearly has a better understanding of PEOPLE and their concerns. He traveled to them and held those constant HUGE Rallies that the "experts" laughed at - they should have paid more attention to those crowds and really looked at them.

When you think about it -
2006 was a "change" election (anti-Bush), 2008 was a "change" election (Black President & still anti-Bush), 2010 was a "change" election (anti-Obama/Democrat Policy), 2012 was a "change election" (taking the House didn't help, let's take the Senate also), 2014 was a "change" election - (maybe more GOP will do the trick) .... and here we are - the biggest "change" election in US History - (let's elect a Non-Politician, a Non-Elite Insider ... it's all we have left to try). I hope that the people who voted (many had not been voting because they lost hope) will begin to understand that the POWER can belong to the People, just as our Constitution intended - BUT they have to do something, complaining is never going to work. Voting can work.

Let us all hope he now delivers a government that works for the people instead of the experts as well.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:17 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,951,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Explain how electing Obama was a moral collapse . I don't care about your ideological disagreement, we are talking morals and ethics . Your type can never present a thing reasonable when asked on this .
Open the Bible; it's all there. Meanwhile, God chose Trump to take care of business.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:18 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,879,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
No, we just hate Trump and Trump supporters. More than half the country hates them.
I was going to put a few hundred thousand into the market for the market crash... apparently I couldn't even rely on Hillary liberals to make that happen...

Old 11-09-2016, 08:18 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,763,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Some people put morality, ethics, and personal standards of decent behavior above ideology . Others don't, and therefore we have Trump as POTUS.

If some Third World African nation were to elect a leader of Trumps character and admitted deeds, we collectively as a nation, conservatives and liberals alike would mock them for being so stupid . Yet conservatives elected the same type to the leadership of a nation they regard as the moral leader of the world . Quite laughable .
Jobs, outsourcing, illegals, bought and paid for politicians were the issues that Trumpers voted on. They overlooked his flaws and voted their pocketbooks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections