Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 11:46 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,985,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
I think the point needs to be made again, this was on MSNBC, the mouthpiece for the current administration!
You can't deny something that is so obvious. MSNBC is trying to hold on to what credibility it has left (and it isn't much).

They should clean house starting with that neo-liberal hack Maddow that has lost touch with the populace voter. Independents and real progressives look at her as an establishment hack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 08:18 AM

12,041 posts, read 6,574,734 times
Bravo!
Tingle-up-his-leg nailed it!

(And kudos to MSNBC for not censuring him)

Old 11-13-2016, 08:25 AM

12,390 posts, read 8,159,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Somehow after the fact everybody knew Trump would win. If you listen to Morning Joe you'd swear he was his surrogate all along.
They didn't "know" but they can now bring up the political prophets who tried to push their own policies that they ignored. I guess thinking that making the claim of racist, sexist, homophobic Islamophobic..... would be enough to carry Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania indefinitely.

Old 11-13-2016, 08:26 AM

3,786 posts, read 5,332,556 times
Rachel Madcow?

Isn't that some kind of disease?

Old 11-13-2016, 08:26 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Where was he before supporting Trump on the issues he is talking about now ?

Just trying to save his own ass and keep from going the way of the other failed talking heads.

Old 11-13-2016, 08:32 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Somehow after the fact everybody knew Trump would win. If you listen to Morning Joe you'd swear he was his surrogate all along.
From the looks of things, Mathews was saying this before Trump actually won. In the end what he said that made the biggest difference was ....no one believed her...

Old 11-13-2016, 08:35 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Where was he before supporting Trump on the issues he is talking about now ?

Just trying to save his own ass and keep from going the way of the other failed talking heads.
I didn't vote for Trump but I still acknowledged the obvious or the very possible all along. There is nothing wrong with being wrong but then acknowledging where things went against you.

This is actually a very positive thing for someone to do. What this clip shows me is that those like Maddow are going to simply refuse to learn anything.

I noted in another thread that I've told my kids that the problem is not making a mistake, everyone makes mistakes, the problem is not learning from them.

Old 11-13-2016, 08:37 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,028,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
You can't deny something that is so obvious. MSNBC is trying to hold on to what credibility it has left (and it isn't much).

They should clean house starting with that neo-liberal hack Maddow that has lost touch with the populace voter. Independents and real progressives look at her as an establishment hack.
Too bad CNN hasn't received the memo yet.

Old 11-13-2016, 08:49 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,281,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
From the looks of things, Mathews was saying this before Trump actually won. In the end what he said that made the biggest difference was ....no one believed her...
Yes, he periodically had flashes of good judgment. He has roots in Pennsylvania and is perhaps more in tune with real people. I remember he did some sort of stand up (can't find it now) defending Trump very early on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections