Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 09:20 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,607,114 times

Advertisements

If Democrats were smart, they would run a white male the next time around. The current gripe among middle Americans with the Democratic Party is that it too often plays identity politics, often in favor of the minority. This has killed the Democratic Party's chances (at least in the present) with the white working class, which was apparent in this election (Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, etc.).

Democrats NEED to prove, and quickly, that they are not an enemy of the white working class. I could not believe how quickly Tim Ryan (a young, white, well-spoken Democratic representative from the Youngstown, OH area) was passed over for House Minority Leader for Nancy Pelosi. Tim Ryan is the kind of guy that Democrats need in SOME kind of leadership position to grow the party with the white working class.

Joe Biden could have won this election. He has the charm, personality, and background to appeal to these disaffected former Democrats. Tim Kaine may actually be a strong candidate in 2020, but I feel that he will be passed over simply for being a white male.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2017, 09:25 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,086,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
her voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard. Not to mention her "Strategy" of defeating Trump was insulting him and his fans . If they nominate her they would lose in a landslide

Good, we can still keep our guns!

Old 01-08-2017, 12:53 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,439,336 times
She would make a good substitute school teacher.

My favorite substitutes when I was in grade school were the ones with a temper.

We would test them to see if they might lose it.

The smart ones knew what we were doing and didn't fall for it.

But the dumb ones like "Lyawatha" fell for it every time.

Our goal was to get them in such a rage that they would give up and storm out of the classroom.

BTW, "Lyawatha" only got hired by Harvard Law School because she was a "minority."

She lied on her C.V./resume and claimed to be "Native American."

She has zero distinction as a lawyer or a scholar -- and now as a U.S. senator.

What has she done in the senate beside run her big mouth?

Old 01-08-2017, 01:21 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
If Democrats were smart, they would run a white male the next time around. The current gripe among middle Americans with the Democratic Party is that it too often plays identity politics, often in favor of the minority. This has killed the Democratic Party's chances (at least in the present) with the white working class, which was apparent in this election (Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, etc.).

Democrats NEED to prove, and quickly, that they are not an enemy of the white working class. I could not believe how quickly Tim Ryan (a young, white, well-spoken Democratic representative from the Youngstown, OH area) was passed over for House Minority Leader for Nancy Pelosi. Tim Ryan is the kind of guy that Democrats need in SOME kind of leadership position to grow the party with the white working class.

Joe Biden could have won this election. He has the charm, personality, and background to appeal to these disaffected former Democrats. Tim Kaine may actually be a strong candidate in 2020, but I feel that he will be passed over simply for being a white male.
I suggest we see how well Trump holds the working class. He made a LOT of promises and will deliver on few.

We can't just fill every position with a Tim Ryan.

Tim Kaine won't be our nominee, I don't think. He never was progressive enough for the Bernie wing anyway.

Old 01-08-2017, 02:33 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,607,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I suggest we see how well Trump holds the working class. He made a LOT of promises and will deliver on few.

We can't just fill every position with a Tim Ryan.

Tim Kaine won't be our nominee, I don't think. He never was progressive enough for the Bernie wing anyway.
Why should the "Bernie Wing" (Bernie isn't even a Democrat, BTW) dictate the Democratic Party's nominee? It is a vocal minority within the party. Someone like Tim Ryan would be much more appealing to moderates and Independents, kind of like Trump was more appealing to those groups than an ideological Conservative like Ted Cruz.

Old 01-08-2017, 04:13 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,102,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Why should the "Bernie Wing" (Bernie isn't even a Democrat, BTW) dictate the Democratic Party's nominee? It is a vocal minority within the party. Someone like Tim Ryan would be much more appealing to moderates and Independents, kind of like Trump was more appealing to those groups than an ideological Conservative like Ted Cruz.

I agree. According to the Bernie types only candidates like Elizabeth Warren or Keith Ellison can win which I really doubt

Old 01-08-2017, 04:15 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,448,492 times
Medicine man say, "she make HEAP good Chief"...

Old 01-16-2017, 02:57 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,102,029 times
Seriously, besides The Young Turks who likes this woman? She is crazy and her voice is just awful

Old 01-16-2017, 03:01 PM

979 posts, read 491,154 times
Warren would make a very intelligent president that looked out for all Americans over special interest groups. I would be happy to vote for her, though I don't know if she will ever choose to run for President because I think she is much more effective in the Senate.

Old 01-22-2017, 08:19 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,771,128 times
Warren is exceptionally bright and she probably would hold Wall St. accountable for their actions but that is as far as it goes. The whole fake Indian thing to get Affirmative Action advantages would haunt her campaign. It speaks to a serious character flaw that she would seek to deny real Native Americans opportunities by her fraudulently taking it for herself.

The other thing is that though her beginnings were humble she does not relate to the average person very well. She comes across as talking down to people rather than talking with people. She is not a natural people person which was also a big part of Hillary's problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections