Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 07:14 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,290,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raindance maggie View Post
I agree to the nth degree.
The more angry and violent the leftists become, the redder the national map becomes.
Sigh--that is highly doubtful. Hillary is going to win the popular vote by over a million votes by the time they get done counting. The GOP has lost the popular vote in 6 out of the 7 last general elections. Red is a dying breed. Trump is simply setting up a Dem for 2020.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 07:29 PM

249 posts, read 189,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Sigh--that is highly doubtful. Hillary is going to win the popular vote by over a million votes by the time they get done counting. The GOP has lost the popular vote in 6 out of the 7 last general elections. Red is a dying breed. Trump is simply setting up a Dem for 2020.

Look at the national map, state by state and county by county.
The high majority of Clinton votes were the urban centers in the west and east, cities like Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, New York, Boston, DC, and Baltimore. Just about everywhere else in the middle was red. Even normally blue states like Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin went for Trump.
This is why we have the electoral college, it gives a fair representation to all states. If we relied only on the popular vote then California would pretty much end up picking our president.
Let's all do the wise thing and give Trump a chance to lead the nation. Who knows, he might be one of the best presidents ever. If he screws up then vote him out in 4 years. That's how the process works.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:35 PM

30,487 posts, read 19,255,042 times
Quote:
Heheheheh. Still don't realize the popular vote means nothing eh....good, let's keep it that way.

Dems have been forecasting the end of the Republican party all of my adult life (baby Boomer) and now Republicans control the House of Representatives, Senate, President, Supreme Court and the overwhelming majority of states. If Trump and the Repubs get it right, and I think they will, the Dem Party will be destroyed next election cycle to the point they no longer can serve as an alternative to the Republicans.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:42 PM

865 posts, read 624,185 times
Quote:
I'm honoring him by adhering to his policy of hate and division. He's such a fabulous con artist, that he convinced me that degrading, demeaning and insulting people is the way to go.

He said a judge couldn't do his job because of his Mexican heritage. He repeatedly insulted a gold star mother and father who lost their son. He said disgusting things about women.

He said Obama was an illegal president. He said the system is rigged and the results of the election cannot be trusted and the electoral college is a sham.

He said it is smart not to pay taxes.

He insulted and degraded anyone who did not agree with him.

He threw people out of his rallies who did not conform to his thought. He laughed when his cult punched them, shoved them and threw them into the freezing cold without coats.

He called people doing their jobs sleazebags and banned them in his zeal to suppress the free press.

He showed no respect for our current president, our past president or for his opposition. He lied and lied and lied to get votes.

He complimented thug dictators who murder people.

So Donny--you sold me. I'm going to act just like you did. I will treat you the way you treated everyone else. You tried to deligitimize our POTUS (who twice won both the EC and the popular vote, btw) and you demeaned and insulted a former president by dredging up pathetic old women and exploiting them. You have convinced me you are not legitimate.

Thing is--I'm not as gracious, forgiving or as a good a person as Obama and Bill Clinton. Now I feel as you did. You are an illegitimate president who I will insult and laugh at, because imitation is the greatest form of flattery right? If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
And which one of those is a felony and/or got someone killed?

Old 11-15-2016, 07:46 PM

30,487 posts, read 19,255,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Love is better than Hate it what that meant, although it is a play on words because Trump is his last name. Get it?
Your first story was better and I like my version better too...try again.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:54 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,691,855 times
Quote:
I'm honoring him by adhering to his policy of hate and division. He's such a fabulous con artist, that he convinced me that degrading, demeaning and insulting people is the way to go.

He said a judge couldn't do his job because of his Mexican heritage. He repeatedly insulted a gold star mother and father who lost their son. He said disgusting things about women.

He said Obama was an illegal president. He said the system is rigged and the results of the election cannot be trusted and the electoral college is a sham.

He said it is smart not to pay taxes.

He insulted and degraded anyone who did not agree with him.

He threw people out of his rallies who did not conform to his thought. He laughed when his cult punched them, shoved them and threw them into the freezing cold without coats.

He called people doing their jobs sleazebags and banned them in his zeal to suppress the free press.

He showed no respect for our current president, our past president or for his opposition. He lied and lied and lied to get votes.

He complimented thug dictators who murder people.

So Donny--you sold me. I'm going to act just like you did. I will treat you the way you treated everyone else. You tried to deligitimize our POTUS (who twice won both the EC and the popular vote, btw) and you demeaned and insulted a former president by dredging up pathetic old women and exploiting them. You have convinced me you are not legitimate.

Thing is--I'm not as gracious, forgiving or as a good a person as Obama and Bill Clinton. Now I feel as you did. You are an illegitimate president who I will insult and laugh at, because imitation is the greatest form of flattery right? If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
I'll say a prayer for you.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:06 PM

27,689 posts, read 16,182,319 times
Funny, you could literally oppose these people with thier very own signs "love trumps hate"

Old 11-15-2016, 08:10 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,777,759 times
Give him a chance. Sure, he might fall down and scrape his knee a few times. It's a learning process! But our country is going to be just fine.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:50 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,248,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Funny, you could literally oppose these people with thier very own signs "love trumps hate"
I would say we can defeat them using their signage. If we love them through their hate, their hate will be melted away by love. With that in mind, I love liberals who hate Trump and the Deplorables.

Old 11-15-2016, 10:10 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,561,986 times
It's amazing how you're all deliberately misunderstanding what is happening here. The good person in the white hat was supposed to win, the person with the most experience, the most to offer. Instead, the guy in the black hat won - the one who pulled out every dirty, disgusting trick in the book to insinuate his slimy way into office like the snake that he is. And we're just supposed to smile and nod a lot? No. Not happening. Not ever. He has already made questionable decisions. I'm not standing here with a loving heart and open arms. I'm standing here with crossed arms and a scowl on my face, thinking, "What next? What is this lying sack of crap going to do next?"

Please spare me the wearying descriptions of Hillary Clinton as the worst person on Earth, etc. It's tiresome. And there's no point. I will never agree that Trump will make a better president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections