Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 02:30 AM

1,529 posts, read 916,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
When you look at the EC Map you are seeing empty vacant land , and not PEOPLE HRC got the Popular
Vote for the One Thousandth Time......
Poor little baby. All that effort for naught. A life time ambition to become President gone forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2016, 03:11 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Excellent point. Of course the libs are going to criticize anything Trump does so it really doesn't matter what they think or say.
It's not only liberals. I was talking about this today with a friend who voted for Trump (full disclosure: her first choice was Rubio, mine was Sanders), and when the topic of the victory tour came up, I said I figured Trump had enjoyed the adulation he received at his rallies too much to give it up, and that I suspect he will find the job of actually governing much less fun than that of campaigning.

Guess what? She agreed with me.

Old 11-20-2016, 05:36 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
It's not only liberals. I was talking about this today with a friend who voted for Trump (full disclosure: her first choice was Rubio, mine was Sanders), and when the topic of the victory tour came up, I said I figured Trump had enjoyed the adulation he received at his rallies too much to give it up, and that I suspect he will find the job of actually governing much less fun than that of campaigning.

Guess what? She agreed with me.

You are probably very right. Trump , with his yuge ego, loved being on stage and being the showman. Rallies were his drug of choice (at least I think so ). He got off on being up there, having hundreds of people hanging onto his every word.

I think you are also correct about him not liking the actual job of being POTUS so much. He will have 1,000 balls in the air at any given moment, and have to make REAL decisions that affect us internationally and domestically. He also will find out he does not get to call all the shots, he will have the Democrats AND his own party to contend with, plus his advisors telling him why something would be a bad idea.

Yep, getting up on a stage and saying "I will fix everything" is a whole lot different from really having to do it.

BTW, I'm so glad Alec Baldwin stayed on as "Trump"...........it will make things so much more bearable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUWSLlz0Fdo

Last edited by don1945; 11-20-2016 at 05:56 AM..

Old 11-20-2016, 09:15 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
One of Obama's first events was to go on a world-wide apology tour.
Ah yes, Obama's apology tour... i.e. kissing up to world leaders.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:56 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,809,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I remember this all to well. He was kissing arse to everyone.
Attached Thumbnails
Donald Trump plans ‘victory tour’-humor-king.jpg  

Old 11-20-2016, 11:34 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Just imagine how much the next president is going to have to apologize for after four years of Donald Trump. There won't be enough time in the term to get to them all.

Old 11-20-2016, 12:21 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,216,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Question? Where in these states he won? Detroit or Dearborn, Michigan? Orlando or Miami, Florida? Philadelphia, Pa.? Bad idea. Small towns in these states?

I suppose Trump is paying for this himself? His own private jet? He isn't President, yet, although he will have to be provided with Secret Service.
I am sure the inner-city folks would gladly travel to meet him.

Old 11-20-2016, 06:11 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
He will have to choose his locations very carefully. The more populated and educated areas of the country will not welcome him.

Old 11-20-2016, 06:30 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,729,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You are probably very right. Trump , with his yuge ego, loved being on stage and being the showman. Rallies were his drug of choice (at least I think so ). He got off on being up there, having hundreds of people hanging onto his every word.

I think you are also correct about him not liking the actual job of being POTUS so much. He will have 1,000 balls in the air at any given moment, and have to make REAL decisions that affect us internationally and domestically. He also will find out he does not get to call all the shots, he will have the Democrats AND his own partyto contend with, plus his advisors telling him why something would be a bad idea.

Yep, getting up on a stage and saying "I will fix everything" is a whole lot different from really having to do it.

BTW, I'm so glad Alec Baldwin stayed on as "Trump"...........it will make things so much more bearable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUWSLlz0Fdo
Yep, think how much he's gonna get off on all the adoring people that come out to see him when he does start fixing everything.

As for "contending" with democrats, there's fewer of them to contend with than ever before. After the midterms, probably fewer still.......

Alec Baldwin will lose his appeal, as Trump becomes far more popular

CN

Old 11-20-2016, 06:41 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I appreciate him wanting to get out among the people to thank them, but I don't think a victory tour is necessary. He now has "the microphone" to say what he wants to all the American people without having to resort to isolated speeches. Why not just announce that you are going to give a press conference everyday at 10 a.m.? The whole world will be listening.
Castro, another famously megalomaniac ruler, used to give 3 hour speeches on the reg. I suspect Trump will doing something similar soon. To be honest, I prefer this to silence. I like my dictators to be flamboyant. It's the quiet ones, the Stalins, you have to worry about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections