Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2016, 10:43 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruready4Bklyn View Post
I invested way to much time on this election year (more so probably combined from other elections) and especially on these CD boards. I just want to move on myself. I came from a country were I had to walk on dirt roads and when it rained on dirt muddy roads where you would sink in, so yeah being here is a lot better then being there, even with Trump as president. (ironically that country helped Trump win the presidency by giving Asange asylum)
Welcome to the U.S Ruready4Bklyn.
I as a woman thank god that I was born and raised in the U.S. As a woman we have more freedoms than in other countries. I don't need a woman prez to prove it. I know it will happen and when the right one comes along that she will be elected.

This country is not perfect but anyone who expects utopia they will live a life of disappointment. It's been hard sometimes, not because of sexism (those types are just ignorant) but it's been hard because life never stops throwing surprises at you no matter how much we try to prepare, the curve ball comes from an unexpected direction.

Rarely did I ever feel sexism, who knows, maybe I just refused to give it credence if it was there. I really hope that they can stop this division of people based on color or gender. It's not good for anyone. It's sad because so much talent is wasted, life is being wasted with hate. I voted for Trump and I truly hope he does well for all Americans. People just want to live a reasonably good life and be free. This nonsense of being expected to cow-tow to big government and believe everything the media puts out there is simply wrong, no two people are alike and it's time the elitist figure that out.

Last edited by petch751; 11-22-2016 at 11:02 AM..

Old 11-22-2016, 11:01 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,975,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
OP
I also supported Hillary. I'd suggest you look at what attracted you to her and her proposals. If there are one or two things which particularly appealed to you, look for work, either volunteer or paid, with organizations which work for similar goals.

If it's environmental concerns, join the Sierra Club - it's just $15 a year and you'll have access to hikes, programs, and other bonuses. If it's education, see if your local schools could use a volunteer. Call your local Democratic Party office or the state office and ask for suggestions. The next four years will be a time seek common ground, to protect what we can when common ground is nowhere to be found, and rebuild to return those who represent us to office. Do not waste time by engaging in fruitless online arguments with others who will never see or understand your concerns or point of view. Use that time and energy more productively.

Be the change you wish for, or at least, do what you can to help counter the forces which would stop that change or introduce damaging changes.

Also, make small changes in your own life to make yourself healthier, more comfortable and content. Eat well. Get enough exercise. Take good care of yourself. Seek more of whatever brings joy into your life, and make friends with congenial others who have a broad range of interests. Take a class. Join special interest clubs. Read. Travel. Keep strong, make yourself the best you can be.

Time will pass...make the most of it.

Best wishes to you.
It's easier said then done, the outcome was painful and I wish it didn't happen... I think I will get better later

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-22-2016 at 11:52 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post and reply

Old 11-22-2016, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
It's easier said then done, the outcome was painful and I wish it didn't happen... I think I will get better later
Why did you support Hillary? I hope you really didn't believe all the garbage coming out the media. You'll survive no matter what they tell you.

The best cure is to ignore the media, understand that their goal is to keep you angry. Do you want to live a life with a chip on your shoulder? That chip gets awful heavy. Life's too short to live it being angry. Walk away and enjoy life.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-22-2016 at 11:52 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 11-22-2016, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The liberal compares America to utopia and finds it terribly wanting. Conservatives and others compare America to every other civilization that has ever existed and walks around wondering how he got so lucky as to be born or naturalized an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Hits the nail on the head. Fantastic post. +1. (and by liberals I assume you mean progressives, not people who are classically liberal)

The 'finding terribly wanting' also sometimes bleeds into other parts of the person's life as well, not just mindset or ideology. I think it is important that you included 'and others' because it is not just Conservatives who feel every fiber of your second sentence. I didn't support Trump or vote for him, but for some reason that result and other races make me feel your second sentence even more vehemently.
When Trump won I felt a sense of relief but you said you didn't support or vote for Trump but said for some reason the results of the election made you feel lucky to be American like I do. I'm curious too. If you come to a conclusion as to why I'd like to hear it.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:55 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Well said except Hillary has always been my first choice!! I have been so devoted to her campaign since she announced she would run! U just have no idea how depressed I was after election night!

Hillary has fought for families and minorities, especially those struggling for much of her life! The evil right wing just kept witch hunting her for decades but their efforts were futile! I just can't believe those in the rust belts don't believe her
Well except for the families of the men she let die in Benghazi. And the families of those men that she lied to about their deaths. Well, and except for the women who were victims of her sexual predator husband. And the 12-year old girl, who she definitely did NOT fight for.

I guess for every snowflake in complete meltdown mode, there were those of us that were cheering that ding, dong, the witch was DONE!

Old 11-22-2016, 11:56 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Aside from President Obama, Hillary received more votes than anyone else in the history of presidential elections !!

Although two weeks have lapsed, I am still really disappointed about the election results.
Hillary Clinton lost because she and her team were outsmarted. Once you realize that, you might feel better. It is a race to win the Electoral College therefore you campaign to win states. It isn't anything new. Both candidate knew that going in. Her campaign just didn't execute as well as the Trump team. She didn't campaign enough (or at all) in the right states.

Although poll after poll showed the economy was the Number 1 concern of people, especially in the swing states, she decided her message was going to be "I'm not him" instead of one of ideas. She promised 4 more years of Obama hoping his voters would come to her. She didn't pay enough attention to the states where Obama's economy wasn't working. On the issue of the economy she told voters she'd let her husband take care of it. Some feminist - sounds to me like the women who have no idea when it comes to household finances after their husband leaves them or dies! She assumed they would vote for her.

The candidate who campaigned as the outsider for change in the primaries beat 16 others in his own party. Her campaign team didn't seem to notice and ran a traditional campaign. Her game of Identity Politics is only important to the people who were already voting for her. Nobody wants to say it but frankly, her campaign team did not learn a thing from the Jeb Bush campaign and re-ran the same campaign he did. Just like Bush, she raised and spent twice as much money as Trump and Trump got better results with less demonstrating he was more effective and efficient than she was. When she saw Trump breathing down her neck in swing states, Team Clinton was incapable of pivoting. Did she not notice the size of the crowds he drew in those states compared to the ones she drew despite the media pooh poohing that crowd sizes don't count? Have you heard a single person say they voted for Clinton because of Beyoncé?

You were duped by the media into thinking there was no way she could lose. It may not have bothered you as much if you knew it was possible she could lose.

Eat dark chocolate.

"Some of dark chocolate’s benefits come from resveratrol, an antioxidant (immune system booster) found in red wine, among other products. Its mental health benefits include the ability to boost brain levels of endorphins (natural opiates) as well as serotonin (a mood-altering chemical on which many antidepressants act)."

Chocolate and Mood Disorders | World of Psychology

Old 11-22-2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Your advice is fine but the problem is you have no idea how devoted I was to Hillary's cause!! If it wasn't for those 100k votes in Pennsylvania Michigan and Wisconsin she would have been president
Define devoted. Exactly how many hours did you devote to her campaign, personally?

Old 11-22-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Rust belt whites let down a lot of old women who wanted to see a female president before their last breath ��
Still not quite getting it, are you? Voting FOR a woman, just because she's a woman, is as bad as NOT voting for a woman, just because she's a woman.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:01 PM

158 posts, read 73,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Well except for the families of the men she let die in Benghazi. And the families of those men that she lied to about their deaths. Well, and except for the women who were victims of her sexual predator husband. And the 12-year old girl, who she definitely did NOT fight for.

I guess for every snowflake in complete meltdown mode, there were those of us that were cheering that ding, dong, the witch was DONE!

Well said....as a reasonable person, with even an ounce of morals, how can you possibly look in the faces of the relatives of Benghazi and outright LIE....how do you put your head on a pillow and sleep after doing that? How in good conscience do you attack and try to ruin those women who were abused by your husband, then with a straight face LIE to the country that you fight for womans rights for the sole sake of advancing your political career? That is a disgusting human being

Old 11-22-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Got it, all talk and no action. Noted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections