Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 07:49 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,974,280 times

Advertisements

Aside from President Obama, Hillary received more votes than anyone else in the history of presidential elections !!

Although two weeks have lapsed, I am still really disappointed about the election results.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:50 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,556,278 times
We can tell.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:50 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,975,351 times
You have 4 more years of regret ahead of you for letting your party foist such a horrible candidate upon you. Enjoy!

Old 11-22-2016, 07:58 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Aside from President Obama, Hillary received more votes than anyone else in the history of presidential elections !!

Although two weeks have lapsed, I am still really disappointed about the election results.

Life isn't always fair, so we just have to keep moving on and hoping for the best. A lot of us feel the way you do, more so this year than in any previous election. This election was different, it was more about trying to keep an inept, dangerously motivated man out out of the WH, more than it was about simply electing Hillary.

We knew Hillary had her baggage and failings, but Trump REALLY HAS FAILINGS !!!!! So, we will simply wait until January to see how things play out. I see him backtracking on some of the more radical views he had already, and he will have to contend with getting his ideas passed through both sides, so maybe they will be able to put a bit in his mouth and control his impulsiveness and tantrums.

Personally, I don't see him finishing 4 years, with the views and behavior he exhibits.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:59 AM

45,573 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:

Just don't do this...

Man sets himself on fire after yelling about election results at Akron coffee shop

The Akron Fire Department says that a 69-year-old man set himself on fire Saturday after yelling about the election results in a local coffee shop.

He then left the coffee shop and approached a passerby and handed the passerby his cellphone and asked him to video record him, according to the police report.

Police said the man grabbed a can of gasoline from his car and set himself on fire. A witness in a nearby business ran out and extinguished the flames.

If you find it affecting you too much, you probably need to step away from broadcast and social media for awhile and find yourself.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:00 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
You have 4 more years of regret ahead of you for letting your party foist such a horrible candidate upon you. Enjoy!
There is some truth to that statement. I felt there were better candidates the Democrats could have hoisted up, but she was the horse they decided to ride. In the end, her baggage and the fact that a lot of people simply do not like her overshadowed her skills and experience.

What really killed her chances is that a lot of her supporters simply did not vote ! Not sure if they felt they had no reason to as it was in the bag, or what, but many people stayed home this year.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:04 AM

13,709 posts, read 7,987,762 times
Quote:

Better you than me.

I would have hated to see Hillary win.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:05 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times
These things move in cycles. Only twice in the last 100 years has a party put together three consecutive terms as president and the circumstances this time did not warrant a third.

The media and the experts on the left promised you that the Republicans would not win again during our lifetimes. Suffice it to say that was wishful thinking on their parts and on yours. Live and learn. The cycle continues.

I spent the last 8 years in surreal disbelief at what was being done to our country by Barack Obama and the Democrats. Now the pendulum is swinging the other way, as it has continued to do for a long time now. This idea that the Democrats somehow are anointed to dominate our politics from now on is loony talk. That just is not how things work, regardless what those self promoting hucksters on television have been saying.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:05 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,331,262 times
The combined total received by Trump, Johnson and McMullin still exceeds that received by Clinton and Stein. and I doubt that many of those on either side of that divide would switch sides. Clinton did NOT attain a simple (50.00000%+) majority, and there is no provision for a runoff in the Constitution.

Grow up!; Put the Social Justice nonsense away, and and get over it.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:07 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,095,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Life isn't always fair, so we just have to keep moving on and hoping for the best. A lot of us feel the way you do, more so this year than in any previous election. This election was different, it was more about trying to keep an inept, dangerously motivated man out out of the WH, more than it was about simply electing Hillary.
Trump supporters also feel they were voting to prevent an inept, dangerous, corrupt candidate from becoming our next president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections