Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 08:09 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times

Advertisements

The pendulum swings back and forth in American politics. It always has. OP, I suggest a little break from this forum. Life will get back to normal for you a little faster if you don't voluntarily surround yourself with this topic here. America is a strong country. Have faith in that.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:10 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,976,145 times
Hillary lost because she is a woman! Despite getting 1.7 million more votes than the president-select, she still can't win! Why? Because those rust belt whites hate leadership by women!

Old 11-22-2016, 08:10 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Hillary ran a pretty shabby campaign, just assuming she'd be in the WH.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-22-2016 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 11-22-2016, 08:11 AM

30,069 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Aside from President Obama, Hillary received more votes than anyone else in the history of presidential elections !!

Although two weeks have lapsed, I am still really disappointed about the election results.

Look at it this way-

You are disappointed, but the republic is saved, as we will not have a career criminal in the White House supporting open borders, wholesale importation of Muslims, higher taxes, poor trade deals, and blind support for Wall Street elites and donors to the Clinton Foundation.

You are sad. The nation was saved- which is more important?

Old 11-22-2016, 08:12 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,199,647 times
Are double rep points awarded for the most repetitive posts ?

Old 11-22-2016, 08:12 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,263,345 times
Yeah very disappointing since they rammed Hillary down our throats and we had to do with what was given to us. Voted for Bernie though I still do not know if he would have beat Trump, but we will never know now. Yet the right wingers had to endure Obama for 8 years. I think we will be fine as Trump will just be another establishment hack just like Obama, and like what Hillary would have been or is. (But don't tell his supporters that...) I guess the difference is we knew who we were getting in bed with while his supporters are taking great risks for change, and may well be more disappointed then us in the end.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:13 AM

9,366 posts, read 14,316,531 times
Quote:
Aside from President Obama, Hillary received more votes than anyone else in the history of presidential elections !!

Although two weeks have lapsed, I am still really disappointed about the election results.
That number is meaningless, it's not how it works.

Reality shows that the DNC and other powers that be forced a horrible, horrible candidate on you. What were they thinking? Astounding!

We will one day have a woman president, a woman who earns it, and the respect of everyone, on her own merits.

For now, take some reassurance in the fact that the so-called democrats have filibuster power in the Senate, no small power.

Have confidence in the Constitution: rhetoric and theatrics aside, when it comes to actual policy, Obama was rather moderate, and so Trump will be.

Peace be with you.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:13 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,558,126 times
Quote:
Hillary lost because she is a woman! Despite getting 1.7 million more votes than the president-select, she still can't win! Why? Because those rust belt whites hate leadership by women!

THIS is the EXACT reason your side has lost.

If this as as "deep" as your brain can go then I feel sorry for you.

It is exactly why I am enjoying your meltdown and those like you.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:14 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
Quote:
Stop it. That's just plain silly talk. We are more than ready for a woman in power. She just wasn't the right woman.

You've had some very kind replies in this thread. If you choose to ignore the comfort and advice and just continue clutching your pearls and whinging you will soon see the gentle tone disappear and be replaced with criticism.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:15 AM

30,379 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:

Hillary needed some rest...now she's getting it. Republicans need their politicians to fix the messes the Dems have made and we elected a Repub House, Senate and President to do it....great to be an American today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections