Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 03:15 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,979 times

Advertisements

The Cost for Protecting Jet-Setting President-Elect Trump? Yuge! - NBC News

When the soon-to-be first family sits down in Florida for their Thanksgiving feast, they will be watched over by the core part of their new extended family — a contingent of at least 150 Secret Service personnel.

And when Donald Trump gets sworn in as president on Jan. 20, that contingent will balloon to more than 920 Secret Service agents and support personnel in Washington and his hometown of New York City.

The price tag for all that security is already very big, or as the Manhattan mogul might put it, "Yuge," internal Homeland Security and Secret Service documents reviewed by NBC News show.
""Secret Service protection is the most intrusive thing that anyone could ever experience""

Right now the cost to taxpayers is more than $2 million daily, the documents show, a number that is sure to increase whenever the president or first lady travel — or when the threat level rises.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2016, 03:26 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boson Joe Needles View Post
Boson joe Needles says Trump Is His Man with a big tax plan
Boson Joe Needles says Trump is the man with ***** in his hand
Boson Joe Needles says Trump is the Winning Man
Boson Joe Needles says Trump has a Plan a great big ol plan in his hand man

Amen and Amen
Listen to Boson Joe Needles !!! He has first hand knowledge. !!!

He has put himself in Trump's capable hand.

Old 11-24-2016, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
The Cost for Protecting Jet-Setting President-Elect Trump? Yuge! - NBC News

When the soon-to-be first family sits down in Florida for their Thanksgiving feast, they will be watched over by the core part of their new extended family — a contingent of at least 150 Secret Service personnel.

And when Donald Trump gets sworn in as president on Jan. 20, that contingent will balloon to more than 920 Secret Service agents and support personnel in Washington and his hometown of New York City.

The price tag for all that security is already very big, or as the Manhattan mogul might put it, "Yuge," internal Homeland Security and Secret Service documents reviewed by NBC News show.
""Secret Service protection is the most intrusive thing that anyone could ever experience""

Right now the cost to taxpayers is more than $2 million daily, the documents show, a number that is sure to increase whenever the president or first lady travel — or when the threat level rises.

Are you working on a documentary or have a point to make ?

Old 11-24-2016, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
While Carrier certainly 'confirmed' this early morning, via Twitter, that it had communicated with 'the incoming administration', it does not say that they had been communicating with Trump or his team today.

https://twitter.com/Carrier

Anyway, my point stands. It seem odd to tweet on Thanksgiving that he is working. Lots of people work on Thanksgiving, without tweeting about it.

However, I have no doubt that between his golf game today (he is in Florida) and his dinner this evening with several hundred guests, that Mr. Trump will work some on the transition.
Maybe being president is the perfect job for Trump who enjoys his work and finds ways to include it in regular enjoyable activities.

I find it odd that anyone would belong to twitter let alone read a tweet. What the guy across town is doing with his goat is none of my business and I don't feel the need to hear about it. If the goat shows up crying and knocking on my door I might be more sympathetic to listen and offer a solution.

Old 11-24-2016, 05:24 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
What part of NBC has no credibility, did you miss?

The network raised absolutely no issue about the costs of protecting Obama & Mooch. The latter often traveling on a separate 747 to the same location as Obama because it suited her schedule better.

NBC = Fake News

Old 11-24-2016, 05:28 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Yes indeed. The evidence that Donald John Trump is 'working' today is that Donald John Trump tweeted that he was working today.

One does wonder why he felt the need to inform people via tweet that he was working.

I am sure with Donald Trump it is true. He has a type-A go-getter personality who is always busy making changes and making things happen. There is no mistake that America chose the right person to run this country and he is even working today.

Old 11-24-2016, 05:34 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
But when he doesn't share everything he does, it shows a "lack of transparency". It's "deeply concerning".

You guys just look for fault in absolutely everything. Stop acting like such babies.
Tweets such as "Hey! I'm working today."
Or
"Polished the Gold Toilet"

IS not transparency.

Releasing his tax returns,
and
Putting all his business interests transparently separate from the government of the United States of America
IS
Transparency.

I suggest you learn the difference.

Old 11-24-2016, 05:34 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I am sure with Donald Trump it is true. He has a type-A go-getter personality who is always busy making changes and making things happen. There is no mistake that America chose the right person to run this country and he is even working today.
Why would you assume it's true?

Donald Trump is a serial liar who has been caught lying about communications that never happened and taking credit for things he had nothing to do with on a regular basis. Nothing he says should be believed without independent verification.

Old 11-24-2016, 05:44 PM

8,488 posts, read 6,894,642 times
The Church of the Risen Trump congregation seems to be out in force today.

Old 11-24-2016, 05:53 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
Nutty Don just lying away. This tweeting goes on while he does not want to get up to speed on what the job is for.
Nutty Don not taking the daily POTUS briefing's. Yup lets get up to speed on a job he has no idea how hard it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections