Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 12:21 PM

979 posts, read 490,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Approximately 90% of eligible voters would already have ID, that percentage rises among people that are already registered to vote. Most people that do not have ID should be able to obtain a free one relatively easy, people that would have difficulty getting one because of issues like a birth certificate are going to be very small minority.
That's cool, if you want to make everyone wait in line on election day and have to show an ID, that is cool, it doesn't affect me any since we will continue to vote by mail in my state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Firstly you cannot positively identify fraud without first identifying the voter. That applies to form of voting. Secondly when 63 people that are part of a government investigation can walk into a polling place and 61 of them are successful in voting using the name of someone that is ineligible to vote we have a problem.
You do realize the voting booth doesn't have your picture on file, if you show up with a fake ID, you could still vote in person. So, if you are so scared of people casting a ballot in someone else's name in person, then have at it, pass ID laws, but don't expect to change the voting laws in my state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 12:29 PM

1,302 posts, read 683,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
Donald Trump falsely claims 'millions of people who voted illegally' cost him popular vote - CNNPolitics.com

Wonderful, Trump apparently gets his news from conspiracy websites, the next four years should be really fun.

He is looking as Presidencial as his voters look tempered Moderate Conservatives.

Old 11-28-2016, 05:16 PM

35,688 posts, read 21,042,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
How long do you think lines are? Good grief, as long as I have been voting, back in San Diego and here in Ohio, I have never had to wait in a long line to vote. Maybe a few people ahead of me, and that's it.
Yea if you live in the sticks.. In cities can be hours.. Once stood 2 hrs. Left and retunedthe next day 3 more hours the following day. I have heard 5 hrs.

Old 11-28-2016, 05:18 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Yea if you live in the sticks.. In cities can be hours.. Once stood 2 hrs. Left and retunedthe next day 3 more hours the following day. I have heard 5 hrs.
Ever hear of early voting ?

Old 11-28-2016, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
That was early voting,,, why I came back next day... Hello ? broward county Fl ! Lines full of snow birds!

Old 11-28-2016, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Not all states have early voting, the more oppressive states have very limited times for voting, and offer very few voting stations throughout the state.

Old 11-28-2016, 05:26 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,907,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well, I think he's probably right. It's not news that illegals have been encouraged to vote. In fact Barack Obama himself told them to "vote for Hillary." One reason Democrats are against enforcing immigration laws is because the represent a large voting block. The can register to vote when they get a drivers license, and there is no requirement to show proof of citizenship.

Why does this surprise you?

What Websites do you consider "conspiracy Websites?"

I would remind you that Barack Obama told us to read the "Huffington Post!" Talk about bias!!! They should perhaps be put in the category of "fake news!"
Did you see the talk you are referring to. Obama was NOT encouraging an illegal immigrant to vote. The
person he was encouraging to vote was a legal immigrant who was afraid that if she voted, immigration officials might try to deport her family (who might have been here illegally). What Obama said was that she did not need to fear that because her voting would be secret. While he certainly would have preferred that she vote for Hillary, he never actually said that either.

You make up things that did not happen.

Old 11-28-2016, 05:27 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,114,992 times
Recount VA and NH!!!!!

Old 11-28-2016, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
That's cool, if you want to make everyone wait in line on election day and have to show an ID, that is cool, it doesn't affect me any since we will continue to vote by mail in my state.

You do realize the voting booth doesn't have your picture on file, if you show up with a fake ID, you could still vote in person. So, if you are so scared of people casting a ballot in someone else's name in person, then have at it, pass ID laws, but don't expect to change the voting laws in my state.
We have verification the signatures have to match . I never sign the same - I have 2 versions. and had to re do it to match in order to vote.

Old 11-28-2016, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
We have verification the signatures have to match . I never sign the same - I have 2 versions. and had to re do it to match in order to vote.
We do have to sign our ballots that we mail in, which makes sense. Though I do have a few different signatures, though for things like voting, I always use my more formal signature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections