Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 06:38 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yet you ignore that the state also voted for a Democrat governor. That completely blows away your narrative. It also proves that people in NC don't vote a straight party ticket.
"Yet you ignore that the state also voted for a Democrat governor." Really?

Maybe you should stay better informed BEFORE making ignorant statements that can be debunked and make you look foolish!

AP December 3, 2016, 10:51 PM
N.C. governor's race recount to continue

North Carolina governor's race recount to continue after Board of Elections dismisses complaint - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 06:42 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Yet you ignore that the state also voted for a Democrat governor." Really?

Maybe you should stay better informed BEFORE making ignorant statements that can be debunked and make you look foolish!
Dear I live in NC. Do you?

McCrory has lost. We all know about the futile recount. Furthermore, the fact that he did lose the popular vote while Trump won it by 4% easily proves that NC does not vote straight tickets.

Oh BTW, CBS said NC will go to Hillary. You might want to check yourself with those fake news sites.

Old 12-05-2016, 08:23 AM

1,502 posts, read 4,084,858 times
A Trump presidency will eventually have major impacts on the courts....the courts that struck down NC Voter ID law and the NC General Assembly lines are liberals.

While everyone is so focused on the Supreme Court, people lose sight how important other courts are, such as the appeals courts and other judges, eventual appointments that will start upholding conservative laws.

NC also had to redraw its Congressional districts, and guess what? Republicans kept their same majorities in NC.

I fully expect the legislature to have lines redrawn but with similar outcomes such as the Republicans maintaining their super majorities in the N.C.G.A.

While Roy Cooper will likely be the governor (Louisiana also has a Democrat governor) he will be completely powerless and will just sit there, and a rather ineffective person as the G.A. has Republican super majorities and can pass laws as they please.

Old 12-05-2016, 10:05 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
This the usual response when 1 party does something for YEARS and no one complains then when the other party gets control and does the SAME thing, all of a sudden it is "wrong".
Both sides have done it and are guilty, however the current gerrymander in the state is more extreme than the previous ones.

Old 12-05-2016, 10:07 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
A Trump presidency will eventually have major impacts on the courts....the courts that struck down NC Voter ID law and the NC General Assembly lines are liberals.

While everyone is so focused on the Supreme Court, people lose sight how important other courts are, such as the appeals courts and other judges, eventual appointments that will start upholding conservative laws.

NC also had to redraw its Congressional districts, and guess what? Republicans kept their same majorities in NC.

I fully expect the legislature to have lines redrawn but with similar outcomes such as the Republicans maintaining their super majorities in the N.C.G.A.

While Roy Cooper will likely be the governor (Louisiana also has a Democrat governor) he will be completely powerless and will just sit there, and a rather ineffective person as the G.A. has Republican super majorities and can pass laws as they please.

One of the ones that struck down the laws was a Bush apointee.

Old 12-05-2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
One of the ones that struck down the laws was a Bush apointee.
It's clear that Trump will picking the next member of the Supreme Court. And this party has the potential to inhabit that seat for decades.

Old 12-05-2016, 01:52 PM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Gerrymandering needs to be illegal period, for both NC as well as MD...

Old 12-05-2016, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Dear I live in NC. Do you?

McCrory has lost. We all know about the futile recount. Furthermore, the fact that he did lose the popular vote while Trump won it by 4% easily proves that NC does not vote straight tickets.

Oh BTW, CBS said NC will go to Hillary. You might want to check yourself with those fake news sites.
"Dear I live in NC. Do you?"

Based on your posts, "dear" is NOT something I will call you and YES, I live in NC.

You can claim anything you want but, until the re-count is FINISHED we will NOT know who won.

You can claim whatever you want about the source of the article, which I doubt you even read.

Old 12-05-2016, 03:06 PM

Quote:
You can claim anything you want but, until the re-count is FINISHED we will NOT know who won.
Really? Wrong again.

McCrory has conceded the election.

Told you so.

Old 12-05-2016, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Really? Wrong again.

McCrory has conceded the election.

Told you so.
"McCrory has conceded the election. "

I just saw it on the news.

Congratulations to him.

I did not vote for him but, wish him well in governing and hope he tries to do well for ALL residents of NC.

I will NOT cry, whine, look for a safe space, ask for crayons or even say I will commit suicide.

I'll leaver all these things to to leftie liberals.

How am I wrong?

All I said was it had NOT been decided and when I said it it had NOT been.

I made NO predictions.

I sincerely doubt you would be gracious IF he had lost.

In fact I think you would acted just as those I described above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections