Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 01:10 AM

979 posts, read 490,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
Here in Portland Oregon, I have heard the words "Merry Christmas" more times in the last week than I have heard them in the past several years.

Interesting in a town like this.
Well it is actually close to Christmas, so it is typically more common to hear people say "Merry Christmas" the week or so before the holiday. Not sure why you would have heard it less in past years, I don't think I can say the same, I always hear people saying "Merry Christmas" when it is actually almost Christmas.

Just because Portland is liberal doesn't mean there aren't liberal Christians here or aren't people who celebrate Christmas. I am agnostic and celebrate Christmas and have always said "Merry Christmas" to people I am aware also celebrate Christmas and it being a week or so before Christmas. Saying "Merry Christmas" in November seems a bit absurd. I won't even put up the tree or decorations until after Thanksgiving.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:23 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,516,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Again, for some reason, this whole issue struck a nerve with you. Let.it.go. You will feel better
Dear, it is you who pounces on this thread the minute I type a word.

You know nothing about me or what I say IRL.

What I DO know is ~ I'm not so thin skinned and weak that I need a safe space every time some stranger says "Happy Holidays". I take the good wishes and move on like most human beings.

Something you seem unable to do.

Enjoy this holiday season with your friends and family. Goodness, I hope that doesn't anger/offend/or make you cry.

Old 12-23-2016, 12:20 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,451,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
Well it is actually close to Christmas, so it is typically more common to hear people say "Merry Christmas" the week or so before the holiday. Not sure why you would have heard it less in past years, I don't think I can say the same, I always hear people saying "Merry Christmas" when it is actually almost Christmas.

Just because Portland is liberal doesn't mean there aren't liberal Christians here or aren't people who celebrate Christmas. I am agnostic and celebrate Christmas and have always said "Merry Christmas" to people I am aware also celebrate Christmas and it being a week or so before Christmas. Saying "Merry Christmas" in November seems a bit absurd. I won't even put up the tree or decorations until after Thanksgiving.
Whatever.....If you were intimate with Portland, you would understand, but I can tell that you are going to fire right back at me and tell me that you are.

Merry Christmas!

Last edited by pdxMIKEpdx; 12-23-2016 at 12:34 PM..

Old 12-24-2016, 01:42 AM

979 posts, read 490,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
Whatever.....If you were intimate with Portland, you would understand, but I can tell that you are going to fire right back at me and tell me that you are.

Merry Christmas!
What does intimate with Portland mean? I am almost 40 years old and have lived in Portland since I was a teenager. I don't know who you hang around, but people have always said Merry Christmas here when it is around Christmas.

Oh and All Holidays Matter.

Old 12-24-2016, 02:11 AM

22,457 posts, read 11,981,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Dear, it is you who pounces on this thread the minute I type a word.

You know nothing about me or what I say IRL.

What I DO know is ~ I'm not so thin skinned and weak that I need a safe space every time some stranger says "Happy Holidays". I take the good wishes and move on like most human beings.

Something you seem unable to do.

Enjoy this holiday season with your friends and family. Goodness, I hope that doesn't anger/offend/or make you cry.
Oh my...so condescending.

You know, you don't have to respond to me. In fact, it was you who started this whole exchange because you were so bothered about what I wrote.

The rest of your post is just ridiculous.

Once again, Merry Christmas and a have a Happy New Year! I know that I will

Now...Let it go.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:27 AM

649 posts, read 316,440 times
Merry Christmas to you OP & everyone else that it doesn't offend by not being PC enough for them . I've heard more Merry Christmas's this year than I can remember in quite some time . I truly believe people have had more than enough of all the PC BS .

Old 12-24-2016, 12:20 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,031,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
It appears Trump is the least popular newly elected president of the past five - by far:

Pew just published approval ratings for the last five presidents during their transition periods, with approval a) for explaining their policies and plans and b) for their cabinet choices. They are Bush 65/59, Clinton 62/64, Bush 50/58, Obama 72/71. For Trump they are 41/40.

Everyone comes down from these highs. But Trump is starting with dramatically lower marks than any recent predecessor.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/...-at-the-bottom
The last time you people put all your hopes, dreams and hearts behind left wing "polls" you ended up crying in your organic, gluten free breakfast cereal.

Old 12-24-2016, 12:57 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,281,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
How much do you know about politics. How much do you know about the daily dealings on the hill. How much do you know about his cabinet picks. Probably not much. Those who have paid attention to politics and are involved know what a Trump presidency means. It's not being a cry baby.
How much do you know about what the future will be? Zip, nada, zilch. I, however, know about the past...YOU LOST! Hahahahahahaha. I know about the present.... you all ARE a bunch of cry babies. Simple as that. Grow up.

Old 12-24-2016, 07:14 PM

6,261 posts, read 5,067,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The last time you people put all your hopes, dreams and hearts behind left wing "polls" you ended up crying in your organic, gluten free breakfast cereal.
And I was laughing in my frosted mini wheats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections