Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 11:54 AM

3,870 posts, read 4,089,314 times

Advertisements

I found that fantastic!! Still wake up smiling each day since Hildabeast lost, it truly is a wonderful thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2016, 02:34 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,710,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
I found that fantastic!! Still wake up smiling each day since Hildabeast lost, it truly is a wonderful thing.
Gotta wonder what they plan to do with $7M worth of fireworks.

Old 12-14-2016, 05:41 PM

30,342 posts, read 23,817,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Says a lot about Trump as a person. I say this as someone who accepts the election result. What's worse than a sore loser is an abysmal winner in my opinion.

Added by edit.

Oh yeah, from now on, I will use the Trump motto.

You posted fake news there OP.
No, she didn't:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tzh8tCJcEtc

Old 12-14-2016, 05:45 PM

34,112 posts, read 17,177,703 times
Quote:

Amen. This man said how I felt election night the best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTB46FJOF5w

Old 12-14-2016, 05:50 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,723,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump offers to help Hillary out. Hillary bought $7M worth of fireworks to complement the very lavishly appointed Javitts center in NYC where she was to make her victory speech. I'd imagine they would have lit them up as she walked on stage to accept her coronation as first woman president.

They canceled spectacle a few days before the election but I guess there were "no refunds". Much like giving money for the recount.

So Trump offers her 5 cents on the dollar for those fireworks. LOL.

Hah! Trump Mocks Hillary in Wisconsin: "I Offered Her 5 Cents on the Dollar" for Her Cancelled Fireworks
just more ownership of Hillary and her snowflakes.

Old 12-14-2016, 05:53 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,807,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Says a lot about Trump as a person. I say this as someone who accepts the election result. What's worse than a sore loser is an abysmal winner in my opinion.

Added by edit.

Oh yeah, from now on, I will use the Trump motto.

You posted fake news there OP.

Wait, you just legitimized a post and then said you deny it?

You're playing both sides of the coin here!

Trump did claim to offer buying the fireworks... why would he pay full price for something that is going to collect dust otherwise?

It was arrogant for Hillary to pay for a two minute at $50K a minute (wait what... $7M?< really?) display for what she thought was a shoe-in win... wouldn't you?

Think of how she would have run amuck as President? We would be $30T in debt in the blink of an eye.
Talk about a ballroom bi|tch, I mean blitz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Exactly right.
She's a political hack with no clue whatsoever on how to run a country FINANCIALLY. Trump is surrounding himself with BUSINESS leaders, regular citizens who have complained over the years about government waste will see that come to a crashing end, no more wasted taxpayer dollars and those savings will go to fund things like tax cuts and infrastructure among them.
The funny thing is how the left keep acting like she isn;t the polar opposite of what they claim she is! SHE IS A 1%er BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG TIME!

The only crap she gave about them ended with their vote!

Quote:
You better reserve that smile, they aren't done being unpatriotic yet.

Last edited by steven_h; 12-14-2016 at 06:04 PM..

Old 12-14-2016, 05:55 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,723,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Wait, you just legitimized a post and then said you deny it?

You're playing both sides of the coin here!

Trump did claim to offer buying the fireworks... why would he pay full price for something that is going to collect dust otherwise?

It was arrogant for Hillary to pay for a two minute ($50K a minute) display for what she thought was a shoe-in win... wouldn't you?

Think of how she would have run amuck as President? We would be $30T in debt in the blink of an eye.

Exactly right.
She's a political hack with no clue whatsoever on how to run a country FINANCIALLY. Trump is surrounding himself with BUSINESS leaders, regular citizens who have complained over the years about government waste will see that come to a crashing end, no more wasted taxpayer dollars and those savings will go to fund things like tax cuts and infrastructure among them.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:24 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,710,616 times
Her supporters complain that $7M in tax breaks were given to Carrier to save 1100 American jobs.

Yet no problem at all with wasting $7M on Hillary's nonsense.

They don't live in the real world.

Old 12-15-2016, 10:33 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,199,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Her supporters complain that $7M in tax breaks were given to Carrier to save 1100 American jobs.

Yet no problem at all with wasting $7M on Hillary's nonsense.

They don't live in the real world.
Locally we had one company back in 2007 that we gave $9M to so they could retool and they hired 81 illegal immigrants: Feds Arrest 81 Illegal Immigrants in Pennsylvania | MassCops. At that time the company had less than 150 workers if I remember correctly. I also believe that it was grants and not tax deferments; but I would have to look it up.

$7M in tax breaks to save 1100 jobs sounds like a good deal compared to what we did. Of course I seriously doubt that Carrier will turn to illegal immigrants for their work force.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:15 AM

13,713 posts, read 9,039,522 times
It must be observed that the Gateway Pundit, the blog so beloved by the OP, run by the redoubtable Jim Hoft, was actually correct in stating what Mr. Trump said at a victory rally: that he offered Ms. Clinton five cents on the dollar for her fireworks, which apparently Mr. Trump claimed cost Seven Million dollars.

However, was Mr. Trump telling the truth?

The story about the Clinton Campaign planning a fireworks display after her victory, to be set off on a barge on the Hudson River, was reported by the New York Post on October 31st:

Hillary already planning her giant victory celebration | New York Post

The article explains that New York officials confirmed that the Clinton Campaign had applied for, and been granted, a permit to explode fireworks for two minutes on said barge. Yet, no mention of whether the fireworks had been purchased, or how much they cost if purchased.

It was again the New York Post that reported, on November 7th, that the planned fireworks had been cancelled, for reasons unknown:

Clinton calls off Election Night fireworks | New York Post

Again, no mention of whether they had already been purchased, etc. Many of the 'bloggers' picked up and repeated this story by the NY Post.

If you will google "Trump offers to buy fireworks" you will see these websites, many with the headline beginning "Boom".

The Seven Million dollar figure was cited by none other an authority than Mr. Trump himself, whom stated:

“So when I heard they spent $7 million on the fireworks, and I didn’t know if we were going to win or lose, but I was feeling really good, we sent them over just a nice verbal statement. “We will offer you 5 cents on the dollar for the fireworks, they never responded,” Trump said as the crowd cheered his statement.

Ah! Another of his patented "I heard" (akin to 'many people have told me').

So, the story was exclusive to the New York Post (October 31st, November 7th), and it was Mr. Trump himself that said he 'heard' the Clinton's had spent $7 million dollars, and then told his crowd that he had made his 'verbal' offer, but never heard back, to their delight.

For the Trump supporters are easily amused, if truth be told.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections