Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 11:19 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,049,101 times

Advertisements

Imagine if this was flipped, Trump campaign spend the money and Trump lost. "That self centered, egotistic maniac 1% rich white male!!!!" But when it is a liberal.......silence.....except for the crying, suicidal rants and calls for rioting and assassination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 11:21 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,723,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
It must be observed that the Gateway Pundit, the blog so beloved by the OP, run by the redoubtable Jim Hoft, was actually correct in stating what Mr. Trump said at a victory rally: that he offered Ms. Clinton five cents on the dollar for her fireworks, which apparently Mr. Trump claimed cost Seven Million dollars..
Case closed.

BTW, I tried all the fake news sources that you seem to follow. Their predictions as to who would win the election, like yours, was wrong. You should take lesson from that.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:41 AM

7,675 posts, read 8,760,867 times
Clinton was unwise to choose the Javits Center for the night, as Trump had played a part in the building of the Center. There must have been ghosts hunting her there.

Old 12-15-2016, 12:02 PM

13,717 posts, read 9,046,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Case closed.

BTW, I tried all the fake news sources that you seem to follow. Their predictions as to who would win the election, like yours, was wrong. You should take lesson from that.
Yes, case closed. Donald Trump lied, Jim Hoft repeated the lie, and you started a thread about the lie.

I often said that I thought that Clinton would win, but I also said that a Trump victory could not be ruled out. I also spoke on many threads leading up to the election about how the polls could not be trusted, due to the change in the environment (cell phones, caller ID, etc). I did think she would win based on demographics.

You, of course, were a 'fair weather' supporter of Trump, as many herein noted. On October 5th you put up the following post:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/elections/2656525-disaster-ohio-bill-clinton-called-rapist.html#post45723337

Alas! Mr. Trump got into some difficulties, so you disappeared from CD until October 17th:

The Desegregation and Re-segregation of Charlotte's Schools

After a flurry of postings on October 19th, you again disappeared (around when Clinton’s lead supposedly opened up), only to return on October 31

http://www.city-data.com/forum/elections/2669215-why-i-voted-hillary-9.html#post46016951

After posting on November 4, you disappeared,only to reappear on November 9

You are a ‘fair weather’ friend.

Old 12-15-2016, 12:12 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,253,820 times
Trump needs to start acting like an adult. Mocking people and making fun of others is what 12-year-old mean girls do. He seems incapable of being the grown-up in the room.

Will that be Ivanka's job?

Old 12-15-2016, 12:13 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,723,433 times
Quote:
Yes, case closed. Donald Trump lied, Jim Hoft repeated the lie, and you started a thread about the lie.
You, of course, were a 'fair weather' supporter of Trump,
Hmm. Nope. I've supported Trump for 1.5 years on this forum. My post history speaks for itself.

Furthermore, calling me names, and calling Trump a liar, only means that you lack credible argument.

If you wish to prove those fireworks didn't cost the Clinton campaign $7M then so be it, but insults isn't the way to do it.

Old 12-15-2016, 12:50 PM

30,369 posts, read 23,836,139 times
Quote:
It must be observed that the Gateway Pundit, the blog so beloved by the OP, run by the redoubtable Jim Hoft, was actually correct in stating what Mr. Trump said at a victory rally: that he offered Ms. Clinton five cents on the dollar for her fireworks, which apparently Mr. Trump claimed cost Seven Million dollars.

However, was Mr. Trump telling the truth?

The story about the Clinton Campaign planning a fireworks display after her victory, to be set off on a barge on the Hudson River, was reported by the New York Post on October 31st:

Hillary already planning her giant victory celebration | New York Post

The article explains that New York officials confirmed that the Clinton Campaign had applied for, and been granted, a permit to explode fireworks for two minutes on said barge. Yet, no mention of whether the fireworks had been purchased, or how much they cost if purchased.

It was again the New York Post that reported, on November 7th, that the planned fireworks had been cancelled, for reasons unknown:

Clinton calls off Election Night fireworks | New York Post

Again, no mention of whether they had already been purchased, etc. Many of the 'bloggers' picked up and repeated this story by the NY Post.

If you will google "Trump offers to buy fireworks" you will see these websites, many with the headline beginning "Boom".

The Seven Million dollar figure was cited by none other an authority than Mr. Trump himself, whom stated:

“So when I heard they spent $7 million on the fireworks, and I didn’t know if we were going to win or lose, but I was feeling really good, we sent them over just a nice verbal statement. “We will offer you 5 cents on the dollar for the fireworks, they never responded,†Trump said as the crowd cheered his statement.

Ah! Another of his patented "I heard" (akin to 'many people have told me').

So, the story was exclusive to the New York Post (October 31st, November 7th), and it was Mr. Trump himself that said he 'heard' the Clinton's had spent $7 million dollars, and then told his crowd that he had made his 'verbal' offer, but never heard back, to their delight.

For the Trump supporters are easily amused, if truth be told.
Will you please cite the proof that the fireworks cost less than that?

Old 12-15-2016, 12:56 PM

Quote:

I often said that I thought that Clinton would win, but I also said that a Trump victory could not be ruled out. I also spoke on many threads leading up to the election about how the polls could not be trusted, due to the change in the environment (cell phones, caller ID, etc). I did think she would win based on demographics.

You, of course, were a 'fair weather' supporter of Trump, as many herein noted. On October 5th you put up the following post:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/elections/2656525-disaster-ohio-bill-clinton-called-rapist.html#post45723337

Alas! Mr. Trump got into some difficulties, so you disappeared from CD until October 17th:

The Desegregation and Re-segregation of Charlotte's Schools

After a flurry of postings on October 19th, you again disappeared (around when Clinton’s lead supposedly opened up), only to return on October 31

http://www.city-data.com/forum/elections/2669215-why-i-voted-hillary-9.html#post46016951

After posting on November 4, you disappeared,only to reappear on November 9

You are a ‘fair weather’ friend.

Again, provide a cited reliable source that shows how much the fireworks cost.

As for your accusation against WaldoKitty, you are barking up the wrong tree. Not a single one of the posts you linked shows that she was against Trump at any time.

In fact, she has been posting about being in support of Trump from the very beginning. She has taken a LOT of bs from the liberals on this forum, more so than anyone else. If anyone has the right to gloat about Trump winning, it is her. The amount of insults and mockery that she received for a year and a half, from the very start of Trump's campaign, up to someone creating accounts and using different versions of her name to make her look bad, is in the stratosphere.

There were "fair weather" supporters of Trump - people who didn't say jack until after he won, but WaldoKitty was NOT one of them. As far as I see it, she deserves to gloat for the entire 4 years, and hopefully 8 years, that he will be president.

Old 12-15-2016, 01:30 PM

13,717 posts, read 9,046,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Again, provide a cited reliable source that shows how much the fireworks cost.

As for your accusation against WaldoKitty, you are barking up the wrong tree. Not a single one of the posts you linked shows that she was against Trump at any time.

In fact, she has been posting about being in support of Trump from the very beginning. She has taken a LOT of bs from the liberals on this forum, more so than anyone else. If anyone has the right to gloat about Trump winning, it is her. The amount of insults and mockery that she received for a year and a half, from the very start of Trump's campaign, up to someone creating accounts and using different versions of her name to make her look bad, is in the stratosphere.

There were "fair weather" supporters of Trump - people who didn't say jack until after he won, but WaldoKitty was NOT one of them. As far as I see it, she deserves to gloat for the entire 4 years, and hopefully 8 years, that he will be president.
One cannot prove a negative. We have no evidence that the Clinton campaign spent any money at all on fireworks. There would not be a news article stating "Clinton campaign spends no money on fireworks'.

It may well be, if the fireworks were planned, that the campaign would be billed after the event. Or, it could be that several days before the election the Clinton campaign was told the price, and thought it too dear. Or, it could be that two days before the election the Clinton campaign saw their private polling indicating the trouble brewing for her in the Rust Belt.

I recognize that Waldokitty has been a frequent (300+ posts per week) contributor to CD. I was pointing out that, during those periods when it appeared that Mr. Trump was doomed to lose, Waldokitty was conspicuously absent.

Of course Waldokitty has taken flake for her constant linking to trash websites with fake stories.

Old 12-15-2016, 01:41 PM

Quote:
One cannot prove a negative. We have no evidence that the Clinton campaign spent any money at all on fireworks. There would not be a news article stating "Clinton campaign spends no money on fireworks'.

It may well be, if the fireworks were planned, that the campaign would be billed after the event. Or, it could be that several days before the election the Clinton campaign was told the price, and thought it too dear. Or, it could be that two days before the election the Clinton campaign saw their private polling indicating the trouble brewing for her in the Rust Belt.

I recognize that Waldokitty has been a frequent (300+ posts per week) contributor to CD. I was pointing out that, during those periods when it appeared that Mr. Trump was doomed to lose, Waldokitty was conspicuously absent.

Of course Waldokitty has taken flake for her constant linking to trash websites with fake stories.
You're not proving a negative, you're proving what they actually cost. Why can't you do that? You claim that Trump made it up, but you have nothing to back up what you say.

As for absences on City Data...so what? You act like that proves anything meaningful. No one owes you a calendar or planner of future postings to appease you and your ridiculous theories.

As for "fake stories", looks like she was right, the Hillary shills, who listened to mainstream media, were wrong. Stop pretending that there's no fake news or bias from the mainstream media.

I'm enjoying the fact that the gloating is annoying some of you. Turnabout is fair play.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections