Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 07:49 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,109,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
The Donald is the most unpopular president elect in the history of the United States of America. His approval rating is only 40% whereas Barack Hussein Obama had a approval rating of 70% prior to his Inauguration on January 20 , 2009.

There was a extremely low voter turnout this election cycle , and HRC Still won the popular vote by two and a half million. The African American community did not turn out for HRC , and this is the straw that broke the camel's back she was investigated by the FBI a week before election day.

HRC had baggage Galore and a anchor around her neck , and yet she still could have won without some of the issues that she had "and her lack of" personality and charisma.

If Donald Trump doesn't get impeached in two years he definitely will not win it in 2020.
Donald getting "impeached" is the next talking point I see and the next "There is no way Trump can..." talking point
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2016, 08:11 PM

1,184 posts, read 721,622 times
Gillibrand...Really? She hasn't done anything for NY. These guys don't stand a chance

Old 12-18-2016, 08:20 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,762,692 times
Those Dems named in the OP better have a radical change if rhetoric if they don't want to join Hillary in the dust bin of history... Trump has awakened a sleeping rusty giant that wants no more of the same old, same old.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:27 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,664,550 times
I am very unsure about her, but watch out for Tulsi Gabbard.

The Bernie people seem to be already moving on to her, and she has a lot of those Obama qualities. This could be the candidate that "comes out of nowhere" and becomes a "star."

She is a female (obviously), of mixed-race, and is a combat veteran.

She is VERY young, but against a 74-year-old Trump, who MIGHT not have a great record to run on, it is possible. She would start with over 200 EC votes, as any state that voted for Hillary is, at this point, truly locked in with the Dems.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:36 PM

13,639 posts, read 4,950,478 times
It's true that Dems at this stage don't have many well known, accomplished candidates. But Trump just proved that is unnecessary; 18 months ago nobody would dream that he would be elected. The Democratic nominee for 2020 might be someone that no one is even thinking of right now.
I think it's possible we'll have a 3 way race in 2020: Trump vs a Republican vs a Democrat. Establishment GOP seems as opposed to Trump policies and cabinet picks as the Dems are.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:42 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,109,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffen View Post
So true...

Look at the look on their faces... I mean, this video will never get old... much like the delicious tears of all the Hillary supporters on election night.

have you seen this inspiring masterpiece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT0Rjc6jKCg

Old 12-18-2016, 08:51 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,597,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
It's truly amazing Hillary couldn't win despite the president, Vice President, First Lady, a popular senator, a and former president campaigning for her. All of academia, the mainstream media, and Hollywood behind her, and 1.2 billion in campaign money. Not to mention the supposed best get out tonvote and ground game operations

It's not amazing at all if President Obama and President Clinton would've ran against Trump they would've creamed him.

Even Vice President Joe Biden would've won against the likes of Trump , but it would have taken somebody likable without a whole lot of bagage.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:55 PM

32,095 posts, read 15,096,294 times
Quote:
The names I'm hearing the most so far from the Democrats are Elizabeth Warren, Cory Booker, and Kirsten Gillibrand, two women and a black guy. The problem is the Democrats love running on identity politics, and the voters demonstrated this year that they're sick of that. And from what we've seen, black and female Democrats just can't resist playing the victim card, and based on what we've seen from the media since the election, they're not learning the lesson they need to learn from Trump's victory. They are doubling down, constantly blaming Russia and Wikileaks, and just becoming more and more loony
How do we know he will even run again. It's pretty obvious Melania doesn't want to be the first lady. And who can blame her. She's never been involved in politics and she doesn't want to constantly be on stage for the whole world to see and judge. She's happy in her life and just wants to raise their son without all the scrutiny. And no one even knows anything about Barron. And I think she wants to keep it that way. Trump running was all about his ego. And I'm sure it took his wife off guard when he won. And I would be very surprised if she ever moved into the white house. Again, I can't blame her. Besides, Ivanka will fill in for her as first lady But I think he has to decide what is more important....his ego or his family.

Old 12-18-2016, 09:05 PM

18,039 posts, read 27,494,229 times
Quote:
Lol. Republican Senate and House yet no
Mandate? Lol
"A presidential mandate is not real, but congress sometimes acts as if it is."

I think even HRC would have thumped any of the other lame duck GOP candidates, but Trump thumped her and all of her constituents really soundly.

Landslide schmanslide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
But I think he has to decide what is more important....his ego or his family.
Thank you for your acumen wrt the Trump family. I'm sure Donald Trump is the only President elect ever in history thus far to be besieged by an ego.

Old 12-18-2016, 09:33 PM

4,491 posts, read 3,936,661 times
Here are my thoughts on 2020, although nobody can really predict what will happen. First, Trump is a fixer. He sees problems and he fixes them. Google the Wollman Ice Rink for an example. I can see him lowering tax rates which WILL increase jobs & growth, I can see him sealing the border (as best he can) and reducing illegal immigration and I can see him building up the military. If he does just these 3 things, he will be a walk for 2020, but he won't want it. I predict he hands off to Pence or someone else and walks away a hero and back to his really very nice life in New York WITH lifetime free security. He won't get impeached with a Republican congress, that's just dumb. At this point, the Dems have gone too far left to recover in 4 years. The aforementioned Trump accomplishments will keep congress Republican and the Presidency will go to whoever Trump selects.

Then again, he could hit the button on Iran and then all bets are off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections