Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 05:39 PM
BVH

944 posts, read 608,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
Actually, your circumstances are no different from us tax paying heterosexuals who have partners.
Actully, it's quite different. You have the choice to get married and receive the benefits. I do not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 05:50 PM

259 posts, read 940,082 times
Originally by ART 123
Quote:
The Democratic Party has a history of standing up against bigotry and today should be no different. Leaders take politically unpopular positions when moral obligations are at stake, and Obama shows again on this issue that he is a leader.
Whaaaaaaaat? The Democratic Party has the most vile history of standing up for and promoting Racism!!! Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, George Wallace, and Strom Thurmond in 1948!!!!!!

Not to mention Obama own racism too! He has writen in his book that his Grandparents from Africa hated Whites. AND His wife has implied that she hates Whites by saying White America is racist but now she no longer hates Americans because they are voting for her Obama Husband of colour!

OOOOh yes the Democratic party and its Leaders have a Racist habit of taking politcally unpopular positions now Don't they!

Last edited by Dee62; 02-28-2008 at 06:05 PM..

Old 02-28-2008, 06:03 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,629,951 times
This is my view on same sex marriage , they are totally unneeded if
'Domestic Parnterships" and "Civil Unions" are put in place with the very same benefits
afforded The Institution Of Marriage both Nationally ,State Level, County Level , and Local City Government Level. Homosexual Marriage would then be only a PR Stunt pushed by the Homosexual Agenda.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:19 PM
BVH

944 posts, read 608,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
This is my view on same sex marriage , they are totally unneeded if
'Domestic Parnterships" and "Civil Unions" are put in place with the very same benefits
afforded The Institution Of Marriage both Nationally ,State Level, County Level , and Local City Government Level. Homosexual Marriage would then be only a PR Stunt pushed by the Homosexual Agenda.
I absolutely agree with the first part of what you have said and that's what I have been saying all along. Who CARES what it's called, as long as the benefits are the same.

As to the second part of your statement, what the hell is this "agenda" that I supposedly have and why haven't I received the memo? Can you please inform me?

Old 02-28-2008, 06:35 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,250,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinFromBoise View Post
The bill was voted in by Republicans, but that is another thread, so I'll stop here.
You are leaving out a small piece of the story. The Civil Rights Act of 1964, requested by Democrat JFK and shepherded by Democrat LBJ, was passed overwhelmingly by both Republicans and Democrats in both houses of Congress.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:50 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,630,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee62 View Post
Originally by ART 123

Whaaaaaaaat? The Democratic Party has the most vile history of standing up for and promoting Racism!!! Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, George Wallace, and Strom Thurmond in 1948!!!!!!

Not to mention Obama own racism too! He has writen in his book that his Grandparents from Africa hated Whites. AND His wife has implied that she hates Whites by saying White America is racist but now she no longer hates Americans because they are voting for her Obama Husband of colour!

OOOOh yes the Democratic party and its Leaders have a Racist habit of taking politcally unpopular positions now Don't they!
Dee
How is that any different than your own hatred of Blacks [and probably Latinos & gays, too] or your centuries of bigotry among Republicans? Maybe you should be reminded of the admonition against "throwing rocks when you live in a glass house."

Old 02-28-2008, 07:51 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,670,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
How weird. Wonder why he suddenly decided to pander for the gay vote? Is it because Ellen DeGeneres endorsed Hillary?
No it is because he knows the gay little romp he had in the back seat of a limo years ago will be coming out with allot more stuff soon. He is covering his a--, well I mean he is covering himself and of course pandering to get a vote.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee62 View Post
Originally by ART 123

The dems party is full of hate mongers and racist, all of the above are dems who are racist and two of them are nothing but anit white, anti american racist freaks who are nothing but troublemakers who stir up the pot.
In fact these two above have hurt the black community and not helped them.

The dem party is the party of hate and racism, they have this one hands down. They just have their followers fooled.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:12 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,630,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
The dems party is full of hate mongers and racist, all of the above are dems who are racist and two of them are nothing but anit white, anti american racist freaks who are nothing but troublemakers who stir up the pot.
In fact these two above have hurt the black community and not helped them.

The dem party is the party of hate and racism, they have this one hands down. They just have their followers fooled.
Nice try of calling your critics exactly what you represent. How it is that the Democratic Party is thoroughly multi-racial/ethnic? How integrated is the Republican Party? Why are more white Americans supporting Obama than Blacks? And why do some Republicans say they are voting for a Democrat?

The level of ignorance/prejudice is embarrassing on this web site

Old 02-28-2008, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Nice try of calling your critics exactly what you represent. How it is that the Democratic Party is thoroughly multi-racial/ethnic? How integrated is the Republican Party? Why are more white Americans supporting Obama than Blacks? And why do some Republicans say they are voting for a Democrat?

The level of ignorance/prejudice is embarrassing on this web site
Sure is, there are HOW MANY more whites in this country then blacks?

There are how many w vs b registered voters?

State some facts before you type. What does white voting for Obama have to do with racism?

If there was a viable dem candidate running heck I would vote for them myself and I am way to the right ! Is called we vote on what we feel is the best for us all while dems vote for whats best for them first and country second.

Guess you can say rep voters are smarter voters or more honest voters!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections