Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you vote for Trump because you hated Hillary? (Multiple Choice Poll)
Yes! 14 14.74%
Yes. I did not want or like Hillary. 34 35.79%
No. I voted for Trump because I believe in him. 45 47.37%
No. Hillary would have lost no matter who she ran against. 10 10.53%
No. Trump was the only one qualified to be President. 13 13.68%
No. Trump would have won anyway. Period. 6 6.32%
Hillary who? 15 15.79%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 05:13 AM

10,227 posts, read 6,312,506 times

Advertisements

The exact opposite. Sanders supporter who voted for Hillary because I hate Donald Trump. I met the man years ago so it is quite personal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 05:29 AM

13,703 posts, read 7,984,033 times
I never hated the woman. I just never believed much of what she said. I also didn't want the Dems moving the USSC to the left.

Old 01-20-2017, 05:34 AM

13,703 posts, read 7,984,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Thanks.

These were some good selections. My main point was that there were voters that disliked Hillary so much, they voted for Trump. They may not have knew that much about Trump, they may not have liked him that well, but they did not want Lyin' Hillary to win. I liked Trump for many reasons but I believe there were voters out there that chose him because they did not want Hillary to win.

4. I often wonder what % of voters bailed on Lyin' Hillary, when the last email (Comey) scandal-fiasco happened just days before the election?

Actually, I think the email leaks which showed the DNC in the bag for Clinton did more damage.

Those leaked email no doubt soured a lot of Sander supports. Supporters who either voted 3rd party or sat the election out.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:47 AM

58,996 posts, read 27,284,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Did you vote for Trump because you hated Hillary? This is a multiple choice poll. Pick all that apply.
I don't HATE anybody.

Do you?

Old 01-20-2017, 12:15 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,933,703 times
I voted for President Trump, because he was the only one to call out the GOP for a unjust war. Then he called out the Obama administration for changing the demographics of our country. Hillary claimed she would continue every policy of President Obama, so the choice was clear. I hate that the Clintons used America as their personal checkbook and trying to run this country like other countries. America is not like other countries, but the progressives and illegal immigration refuse to see this!

Old 01-20-2017, 12:54 PM

3,886 posts, read 4,537,512 times
Ug horrible choices. Neither!

I do understand those who voted reluctantly for Trump, acknowledging his uh-hem... flaws... to stop Hillary who (aside from the scandals) represented "the left" and continue with Obama's policies if that was the main motivation. The same with people who were on board for Hillary (especially the disappointed Bernie supporters who had to hold their noses) to stop a Republican from taking the White House.

As far as voting on their personalities... I kind of saw Trump as the guy who jumps out of the bushes with a butcher knife and chases people down the street. I saw Hillary waiting in the bushes for someone to walk by and pops them in the head with a silencer. I may have had more of a chance with Trump, ha ha... although the alternative would have been quick.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:15 PM

1,149 posts, read 934,321 times
I have always liked Trump and think he is a great businessman. I even applied for The Apprentice before it was Celebrity. So that's why I voted for him. He is doing this for the people not for money, recognition, etc.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:25 PM

9,358 posts, read 14,303,260 times
I don't hate Hillary, but as Bill Clinton's otherwise meritless wife she had about as much business running for president as George Bush's son.

In other words, the presidency should not be a family business.

There really should be a Constitutional amendment prohibiting it (children, spouses, including common-law, siblings, cousins, grandchildren).

Hillary who?

At least the US electorate proved not to be crazy by trying the same thing twice and expecting a different result.

Of course there were other considerations, but the nepotism thing in my view was number one.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:46 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,366,892 times
Why does everything revolve around hate for the left? If you dare to disagree it must be because "you HATE xyz".

I don't hate Hillary, she deserves to be in jail and I really didn't want her to pick the next SC justice or have executive order power and don't think we need ANY more Clintons, Obamas or Bushes in the White House, but I don't hate her.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:57 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,732,946 times
Back at the end of 2015, when we had 17 Republicans and four Democrats campaigning for the presidency, I told my parents that there were two people whom I didn't want in the White House under any circumstances whatsoever: Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton. Thankfully, Jeb Bush was humiliated and dropped out of the race early on, but Hillary Clinton was in it until the end, so even if I didn't care for Donald Trump, I would have had no choice but to vote for him, simply because it'd be a vote against her.

No more Clintons. No more Bushes. No more Obamas. I'm done with all of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections