Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 09:42 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times

Advertisements

Schumer is a huge anti gun nut and total enemy of the 2nd amendment and being a died in the wool New York liberal he'd unlikely win the rust belt states that Trump won.

Old 01-22-2017, 08:47 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
Two things: "Adversary" vs. "Enemy," read a good article on that yesterday. I'm concerned those on one side of the political spectrum view the other as enemies these days. Hopefully, we are not: nothing good comes of that. I actually can't find yesterday's article, but the below archived op/ed by the NYT does a tolerable job explaining:

Enemies vs. Adversaries - The New York Times

Adversary, though: that is a term I respect.

So, to that end: Senator Schumer's comments during the inauguration today, January 20, 2017:

Now, I don't know tons about the Senator, other than he's one of the most consummate politicians I've ever heard of and he doesn't shy from getting into the mud-pen with rest of the hogs when he has to. Occasionally I've seen him ally with the other side of the aisle on certain issues, notably the foul Dubai Ports Deal some years ago: my respect for the man went up a lot during that fray, he helped shine a lot of light on those rats.

But to current events: he was sharp in a sense in today's speech, setting up an adversarial position to the Trump Administration in the comments made. Sly though they were, as-always: opinion is he's setting himself up for a solid presidential run for the Democrats in 2020.

Thoughts on this man? Again, he's my 'adversary' so I respect how he presents his positions, though have nothing for them personally.

I dont agree with Vox, there was nothing hidden here. Senator Schumer was crystal clear in his innuendo (pardon if that's an oxymoron), if you know how a political master plays. He's good at that.

http://www.vox.com/2017/1/20/1433714...p-inauguration

Schumer looks like the villain in the movies. Very creepy and sinister.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections