Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you vote for Trump because you hated Hillary? (Multiple Choice Poll)
Yes! 14 14.74%
Yes. I did not want or like Hillary. 34 35.79%
No. I voted for Trump because I believe in him. 45 47.37%
No. Hillary would have lost no matter who she ran against. 10 10.53%
No. Trump was the only one qualified to be President. 13 13.68%
No. Trump would have won anyway. Period. 6 6.32%
Hillary who? 15 15.79%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 06:09 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,776,362 times

Advertisements

Did you vote for Trump because you hated Hillary? This is a multiple choice poll. Pick all that apply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 06:16 PM

30,485 posts, read 19,246,478 times
I don't hate Hillary but I think she is a rotten, dishonest, bad decision maker, philosophically wrong, mean spirited hater.

Trump I voted for because there wasn't a better alternative on election day for me to consider....and I do love that he pisses off the arrogant PC Nazis.

Old 01-18-2017, 06:19 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,702,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Did you vote for Trump because you hated Hillary? This is a multiple choice poll. Pick all that apply.
Where's the poll?

I just don't see how anyone can deliberately choose an ignorant, self-aggrandizing, greedy, selfish bigot.

To vote for Trump because you hate Hillary would be like going to a restaurant with a history of food poisoning, just because you're mad at another restaurant that overcharged you.

Old 01-18-2017, 06:28 PM

18,046 posts, read 27,501,143 times
You might have added, ○Trump, because he's on the Republican ticket.

Old 01-19-2017, 10:29 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,866,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Where's the poll?

I just don't see how anyone can deliberately choose an ignorant, self-aggrandizing, greedy, selfish bigot.

To vote for Trump because you hate Hillary would be like going to a restaurant with a history of food poisoning, just because you're mad at another restaurant that overcharged you.
So we are expected to stay home and not vote? Tell us why he is a selfish bigot? Do you have any idea what he really stands for or wants for our country? Obviously not. OK, his stand Muslims may not be one that many of us wholly support, but I understand why he feels as he does. As for his building the wall, which btw we will pay for if it ever happens: I am and so are most, willing to do almost anything to keep illegals out of the country. that is how many feel. No one is attempting to stop all immigration. He is in favor of helping blacks, so where is that bigoted? He isn't anti gay particularly. I just do not see the bigot in him.

Now do I like him as a person from what I no? Hell no. Do I like Hillary as a person, same answer. I voted for Trump for many reasons: 1 is my dislike for Hillary but I also think we need a huge change and I am not sure he will not give it to us. WE should elect our President based on what kind of a job we think he/she will do, not on popularity. It apears you think it is ok to vote for Hillary because you don't like Trump, but others should not vote for Trump because of a dislike for Hillary.

Old 01-19-2017, 10:30 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,991,819 times
You might also have added, voted for a third party because Hillary and Trump were so god awful.

Old 01-19-2017, 11:09 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,866,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
You might also have added, voted for a third party because Hillary and Trump were so god awful.
would have to agree but unfortunatly there was no option for a third party: Certainly no one would support what's her face and Johnson was certainly not a viable choice, his only serious opinion on anything was legalizing drugs. He really had no opinion on much else. I will add, we lived in NM when he was governor. He was popular, unusual for a Republican in NM, but their governor now is a Republican and popular

Old 01-19-2017, 11:21 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,561,967 times
I began as a hell no to Hillary, but as time went on more and more establishment hacks came out vowing to stop Trump at all costs and then the msm stopped even pretending to be unbiased.

To me this was an endorsement of Trump because the establishment on both sides of the aisle were so dead set against him.

Those of us who have been paying attention know that the establishment doesn't care whether a (D) or an (R) wins, because in the end they all play for the same team. It has become very evident, especially over the last 25 years or so and Trump is definitely not on THAT team.

Old 01-19-2017, 12:07 PM

6,265 posts, read 5,078,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I disagreed with Clinton on almost every issue. I agreed with Trump on almost every issue. It wasn't a hard choice. My liking or disliking (or hating) had nothing to do with it.

Old 01-19-2017, 12:48 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,991,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
would have to agree but unfortunatly there was no option for a third party: Certainly no one would support what's her face and Johnson was certainly not a viable choice, his only serious opinion on anything was legalizing drugs. He really had no opinion on much else. I will add, we lived in NM when he was governor. He was popular, unusual for a Republican in NM, but their governor now is a Republican and popular
Agree that he wasn't great, however on one simple metric, he destroyed Trump and Clinton. That metric is honesty. I at least had full faith that he was there to do whatever he believed was best for the country and the people, Trump and Clinton on the other hand probably wouldn't hesitate to literally stab their own mothers in the back if it helped their political or financial situations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections