Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 07:43 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,596,543 times

Advertisements

No matter what has happened in politics I have managed to maintain my sense of humor. You've gotta love GW. He is hands down our funniest president ever. I'm not being mean here or anything like that. I honestly believe he has made me laugh more than any other president. His dance today was classic and even McCain had to laugh at the speech. GW, you get the prize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 07:45 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,155,773 times
His claim of getting us off foreign oil made me almost pee my pants.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:00 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Yeah, he has been the biggest joke in 7+ years.

The entire free world is laughing so hard, we're crying.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:18 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
I liked this dance. I think W was loaded...

YouTube - Raw Video: President Bush Busts a Move & Plays Drums

Old 03-05-2008, 11:01 PM

8,040 posts, read 10,632,364 times
It's lilke my mother says "It would almost be funny if it wasn't so sad". I don't think the havoc he and his administration has caused is any joking matter, but he has been excellent fodder for comedians, and I love the Bush impersonator Jay Leno has on periodically and the "Great Presidential Speaches" bit David Letterman does every night. It's just so reassuring, and oddly relieving to know that I am not alone in seeing the man for the pathetic "Dingle Dong" he really is all along.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:27 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
It's lilke my mother says "It would almost be funny if it wasn't so sad". I don't think the havoc he and his administration has caused is any joking matter, but he has been excellent fodder for comedians, and I love the Bush impersonator Jay Leno has on periodically and the "Great Presidential Speaches" bit David Letterman does every night. It's just so reassuring, and oddly relieving to know that I am not alone in seeing the man for the pathetic "Dingle Dong" he really is all along.
You're mother is right on!

Wonderboy is running out the clock. I'm honsestly surprised he's even in DC anymore.

Where's Cheney been?

Old 03-06-2008, 11:42 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,381,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
You're mother is right on!

Wonderboy is running out the clock. I'm honsestly surprised he's even in DC anymore.

Where's Cheney been?
Counting the cash he gained from the war.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:08 PM
BVH

944 posts, read 605,689 times
If it weren't for his destroying the American economy, murdering millions of people around the world, treasonous acts against American citizens, demolishing our Constitutional rights by using terror as a means to control American citizens, single-handedly ruining America's credibility across the globe, amongst other things, I might find some of his idiosyncracies amusing.

However, as it stands, I find his arrogant and cavalier posturing both disturbing and physically nauseating.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:03 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVH View Post
If it weren't for his destroying the American economy, murdering millions of people around the world, treasonous acts against American citizens, demolishing our Constitutional rights by using terror as a means to control American citizens, single-handedly ruining America's credibility across the globe, amongst other things, I might find some of his idiosyncracies amusing.

However, as it stands, I find his arrogant and cavalier posturing both disturbing and physically nauseating.

I agree completely. There is nothing funny about this front man for war mongers and war profiteers and those who agree with him that the Constitution is nothing but "a *#@!*%! piece of paper".

He's probably giddy with delight that next January he can go back to the bottle.

Old 03-06-2008, 04:44 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
If it weren't for his destroying the American economy
Actually, THE FACTS will tell you that this has been a great economy under "W". One can't expected such a long period of sustained growth forever. The GDP has been smoking, until about 6 mo - 1 year ago, an employment rate of 4.7% basically means FULL employment, the tax cuts initiated by "W" have created revenue to the treasury, hence the projected deficit continues to decrease. Granted energy prices are outrageous, but that has more to do with the environmental whackos who turn back every measure to expand out domestic energy. Anwar, Nuclear, Gulf drilling. They have a stranglehold on energy independence.

Quote:
murdering millions of people around the world
Surely you don't mean the terrorist who have been hit by our drones and smacked-down by our military. Or do you mean the thousands of Iraqi's who have been killed by those same terrorists?

Quote:
treasonous acts against American citizens
You can say it till the cows come home, but he has committed no treasonous acts. Don't you think if soup-line Pelosi had such evidence she would try for impeachment. He's just demonstrating some of the power of his office that previous presidents had ceded to congress. Please provide examples.

Quote:
demolishing our Constitutional rights by using terror as a means to control American citizens
Again, examples please. Don't forget - congress authorized and the courts weighed in as well on these issues.

Quote:
single-handedly ruining America's credibility across the globe
Oh, I beg to differ. That's just an agenda of the left-wing rags and the left-wing loonies - that America is hated. Hogwash. The world clamors for our leadership and direction.

I notice no mention of his unprecedented AIDS package to Africa. He has done more than any other leader in history.

Perhaps your hatred of "W" runs so deep because he has been so successful?
He gots his tax cuts, he got his judges, he's run rings around the capitol liberals, his Iraq war will be a success (unless of course a democrat gets elected - they will then wave the surrender flag to a defeated Al Qaeda and allow them to reestablish themselves in Iraq. As it is now, they are running for their very lives. N. Korean is coming into line after the Clinton admin allowed thenm their nuclear bombs. He's gotten plenty done. I can only hope he will have two more chances for Supreme Court Judges before the end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections