Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 08:48 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
.....and the Democrat party has the Super Delegates to make sure the establishment candidate crosses the finish line
bingo.

Anyone who denies this is just another political party shill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2017, 08:54 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I agree. He would've blunted Trump's appeal with working class whites (as would have Sanders). But I feel that its too late for him now as Trump has that voting bloc locked up; note, I doubt that future GOP nominees will speak to those voters enough to capture them with the margins that Trump has done.

Biden has no connection with "working class" anything. He has been in a cushy Senate seat since he left college. No experience with anything but policy.

Old 09-11-2017, 08:56 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Joe's best chance to become President was when he was the incumbent VP. (2016) He passed it up, IMO because he was told the DNC would not stand for him to challenge Hillary. His mistake. His days are done as a politician.

Old 09-11-2017, 08:58 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Joe's best chance to become President was when he was the incumbent VP. (2016) He passed it up, IMO because he was told the DNC would not stand for him to challenge Hillary. His mistake. His days are done as a politician.
That didn't work for Al Gore. The country wanted REAL change.

Old 09-11-2017, 09:12 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
That didn't work for Al Gore. The country wanted REAL change.
Worked exactly as I said. That WAS Al Gore's best chance to be President. And he almost pulled it off.

He hasn't tried since.

Old 09-11-2017, 09:19 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Biden has no connection with "working class" anything. He has been in a cushy Senate seat since he left college. No experience with anything but policy.
Is that really any different than any other politician?

Old 09-11-2017, 02:58 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Biden is not good as running on its own and raising the money he needs to win the W.H....he ran twice, in 1988 and 2008 and it wasn't good.

You would think being a V.P. under a 2 term Obama administration would give him the leverage and use Obama himself to set up his war machine for 2016 but he couldn't. He let Hillary take it.

This backs my suspicion I had all along.......I believe Obama made a deal with the Clintons in 2008 after their bitter and divided primary and avoid a civil war at the convention, that if the Clintons supported Obama and his re-election in 2012, Hillary would get the Secretary of State job and it would be her turn in 2016 with the blessing of the Democrat Establishment and their donors.

Many people were shocked that Obama picked Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State since she voted for the Iraq War and Obama ran on the opposite side of that and that she wasn't really qualified for the job. Obama had better choices but that's the deal he had to make with the Clintons and Biden knew that he was there in the private meetings.

Old 09-11-2017, 03:05 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I like Joe, he was kept from running by Hilary and the same Democrat machine that sabotaged the primaries for Sanders
He can't stand up to Hillary and the DNC, but he's up to dealing with North Korea. OK.

Old 09-11-2017, 03:22 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Biden is not good as running on its own and raising the money he needs to win the W.H....he ran twice, in 1988 and 2008 and it wasn't good.

You would think being a V.P. under a 2 term Obama administration would give him the leverage and use Obama himself to set up his war machine for 2016 but he couldn't. He let Hillary take it.

This backs my suspicion I had all along.......I believe Obama made a deal with the Clintons in 2008 after their bitter and divided primary and avoid a civil war at the convention, that if the Clintons supported Obama and his re-election in 2012, Hillary would get the Secretary of State job and it would be her turn in 2016 with the blessing of the Democrat Establishment and their donors.

Many people were shocked that Obama picked Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State since she voted for the Iraq War and Obama ran on the opposite side of that and that she wasn't really qualified for the job. Obama had better choices but that's the deal he had to make with the Clintons and Biden knew that he was there in the private meetings.
Always have thought the Obamas and Clintons made a deal .... it would seem BO kept his end of the bargain.

Old 09-11-2017, 07:28 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
I always figure there was a bit of incest/nepotism between Obama and Clinton... it didn't really matter, these type of deals happens in public, private, and government.... I suspect Obama was treading a very thin line with Clintons server, he probably did more than he liked...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections