Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Hillary be a candidate in 2020
Yes and get the nomination 8 6.02%
Yes but wont get the nomination 9 6.77%
No she is finished 116 87.22%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 06:12 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,382,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
I'm a Hillary fan but I think her political aspirations and career are over. I would be extremely surprised if she chose to run again.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if she ran again. What will be interesting is what the Democratic party does about her candidacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 06:15 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,382,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Hillary is highly unlikely to run again. The Dems are looking for younger and more viable candidates. I'd say that even Bernie Sanders would be more likely to be a candidate than Hillary, and he's old as the hills. There's talk of fielding someone like Elizabeth Warren - not Hillary.
Elizabeth Warren is 68 years old, so she'd be 71 in 2020. She doesn't pass a criteria of a younger candidate.

Old 10-19-2017, 05:49 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,109,858 times
I wouldn't be surprised if she runs again

sure she says she won't but I believe she said that about 2016 as well

the truth is while a few liberals (the Bernie kind) don't like her, the majority, including most of the party, the celebrities, the organizations etc love Hillary Clinton and see her as a liberal/feminist icon. They genuinely believe that Russia stole the election from her and she is entitled to be president

I can see Hillary running in 2020 on the "stolen election" narrative with 98% at least of the Dems backing her

Old 10-20-2017, 05:14 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,331,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy84 View Post
Since this seems to be in the news because Trump says "He hopes so" Lets find out.

Will she run?

Is she just a red-herring distracting Trump and crew while the dems rebuild?

Is she finished?

Will run but not make it far?

Just curious
She's been exposed even more as a liar and a big player in the real Russian collusion story, the Uranium One story, where she raked in millions for her part. She's done.

Old 10-20-2017, 05:25 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,851,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy84 View Post
Since this seems to be in the news because Trump says "He hopes so" Lets find out.

Will she run?

Is she just a red-herring distracting Trump and crew while the dems rebuild?

Is she finished?

Will run but not make it far?

Just curious
If Hillary runs in 2020, I'm leaving the country.
If Trump runs in 2020, I'm leaving the country.
This is not a political statement, I just want to go on vacation to someplace tropical.

Old 10-20-2017, 05:27 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,851,365 times
Quote:
Yeah, no kidding! It's time for the US to stop electing senile and hopelessly incompetent fools to run our country. Hear that, millenials? It's time for you guys to stop drifting around and be a little more productive. Your grandparents can't take care of you forever!
My name is Traci, and I approve this message.

Old 10-20-2017, 07:07 AM

304 posts, read 160,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if she runs again

sure she says she won't but I believe she said that about 2016 as well

the truth is while a few liberals (the Bernie kind) don't like her, the majority, including most of the party, the celebrities, the organizations etc love Hillary Clinton and see her as a liberal/feminist icon. They genuinely believe that Russia stole the election from her and she is entitled to be president

I can see Hillary running in 2020 on the "stolen election" narrative with 98% at least of the Dems backing her
As much as i think Trump did some shady things with Russia, i liken it to Watergate to a degree.

Nixon's team did not have to break-in and wire tape and steal stuff because there was no way Nixon was losing his reelection bid but when he found out he should've fell on hsi sword take a minor hit in the polls and the mess would've been avoided.

No am I saying Trump would've won without Russian interference...hell no, I think like Nixon he wans;t involved but when he found it he is trying to cover it up like Nixon did and it will catch him sooner or later.
But for the sake of argument lets say the Russians stayed out of everything Hillary had enough self-inflcited wounds were Trump did use to his advantage.

She ignored ciritcal dem leaning states (PA, WI, Mi the biggest examples) to run up the score in safe dem states
Tim Kaine was a poor VP choice where she could've healed wounds with the bernie crowd and picked someone similar to him if not Bernie himself.
She handled the server issue very poorly
I'm no trump fan but he has charisma, Hillary has none

Old 10-20-2017, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Hillary is highly unlikely to run again. The Dems are looking for younger and more viable candidates. I'd say that even Bernie Sanders would be more likely to be a candidate than Hillary, and he's old as the hills. There's talk of fielding someone like Elizabeth Warren - not Hillary.
Lizzy Warren would be as bad as Hillary. She's cut from the same cloth.

Old 10-20-2017, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Yeah, no kidding! It's time for the US to stop electing senile and hopelessly incompetent fools to run our country. Hear that, millenials? It's time for you guys to stop drifting around and be a little more productive. Your grandparents can't take care of you forever!
We just had eight years of one under retirement age, and he was a hopelessly incompetent fool.

Old 10-20-2017, 09:59 AM

304 posts, read 160,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
We just had eight years of one under retirement age, and he was a hopelessly incompetent fool.
Ok I need to ask. how? I know he was such a dictator that fox news is STILL on the air after 8 years...want to see a real dictator...try have opposing views on government..publicly in Iran, North Korea or similar and show me the survivors

As for a economically go: since the economy and mostly everything involving the US does not exist in a vacuum compare the day Obama took over to the Day he left. I would say overall he did a good job

I know people like to say he stripped us of freedoms...ok....Name for me 2 specific Freedoms you lost under Obama...and not something like he tried to take guns..NEWSFLASH..he didn't he suggested some bills which congress shot down and that was that..also Gun makers love when democrats are president because then they can say stock up now and gun sales rise...gun sales have fallen under Trump.

When I say Freedom I mean what were you allowed to do on Jan 19 2009 that you lost the right to do and could lose freedom (i.e. jail time) the next day when Obama officially become president. Not something idiotic like well taxes, well the deficit, because by that definition anyone who enforces or allows taxes to exist is a dictator up to and including Trump and Regan Tripled the deficit and non-partisan budget directors say Trumps current tax plan (not law yet but plan) will blow a whole in the deficit and make it worse so that makes him a freedom taker as well.

Obamacare (which is the normal escape hatch) was upheld by the supreme court..the majority of which was GOP appointees and it was a plan that the heritage foundation (hardly a liberal think tank) endorsed before they were against it (ya know when a dem suggested it) but it was ok when Romeny aid it was a "model for the nation"

Bin laden is dead...and Trump still has us committed to Afghanistan and Iraq (both of which predated Obama as well) and Isis is still active (despite a 30 day pledge from a guy who knows more than the generals)

Is Obama a FDR, Teddy Roosevelt or a Lincoln no wouldn't say that great.

But I wouldn't rank him with Carter, Hoover, Harding or W. Bush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections