Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 12:31 PM

640 posts, read 461,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
so uncool. You've just proven that Obama supporters cannot elevate themselves above racism
I RARELY agree with you, but I do agree with this statement. I refuse to let myself see Mr. Obama for what he MIGHT be because I fear that ALL of his supporters are of expat's mentality.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 12:41 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,638,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
Let's quit ascribing the actions of individual internet nuisances to entire groups. He hasn't proven anything about anyone but him/herself.
EXACTLY

Its ridiculous to even make such an assumption!

Old 03-18-2008, 12:53 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,233,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
No it is not silly. The whole reason he gave his speech was to try and save his a$$ from what his Preacher has said. In this speech, he comparess his grandmother to his preacher. He said he cannot disown his preacher anymore than he can disown his grandmother. He is using her as a basis for not disowning his racist anti-American preacher.

And no that is not all I got out of his speech- He never called his preacher's words racists-instead he has to bring up white racists to counterbalance his preacher? Oh yeah-he is a real uniter
If he was trying to save himself he could have said "I disown Wright and I will never go to his church again" from the very beginning and he wouldn't have had to make this speech. He didn't disown Wright but he denounced the so-called racist remarks. That was the point of the comparison. I don't agree with a lot of ignorant things people in my life say to me but I'm not going to disown them. Not after how they've been there for me.

Regarding Wright's words, this is what he said:
"As such, Reverend Wright’s comments were not only wrong but divisive, divisive at a time when we need unity; racially charged at a time when we need to come together to solve a set of monumental problems"

So because he didn't use the actual word "racist" perhaps that's not good enough for some.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:04 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,985,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige65 View Post
So now when anyone talks about their dead relatives there has to be an accompanying piece of evidence to prove its accuracy. Oh boy. Do you really think it's far fetched that his grandmother said she was afraid of black men?

If you did even the tiniest amount of checking, you'd know that he loved his grandmother and this is in no way besmirching her.
Of course, some people give hateful responses to someone they don't like, for whatever reason they don't like him.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:07 PM

[quote=jdiddy;3177817]Let's quit ascribing the actions of individual internet nuisances to entire groups.

This is sooo true. These people obviously do not represent the large number of people who voted for him.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
If he was trying to save himself he could have said "I disown Wright and I will never go to his church again" from the very beginning and he wouldn't have had to make this speech. He didn't disown Wright but he denounced the so-called racist remarks. That was the point of the comparison. I don't agree with a lot of ignorant things people in my life say to me but I'm not going to disown them. Not after how they've been there for me.

Regarding Wright's words, this is what he said:
"As such, Reverend Wright’s comments were not only wrong but divisive, divisive at a time when we need unity; racially charged at a time when we need to come together to solve a set of monumental problems"

So because he didn't use the actual word "racist" perhaps that's not good enough for some.
You people just don't get it. He won't use the word racist about anyone because that is what everyone wants him to say. No. He's way too smart to play into the racism rut that you would love.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:16 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,233,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillietta View Post
You people just don't get it. He won't use the word racist about anyone because that is what everyone wants him to say. No. He's way too smart to play into the racism rut that you would love.
What are you talking about? When I said him not using the actual word "racist" wasn't good enough for some, it meant despite the comments I quoted from him.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:23 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
If he was trying to save himself he could have said "I disown Wright and I will never go to his church again" from the very beginning and he wouldn't have had to make this speech. He didn't disown Wright but he denounced the so-called racist remarks.
So basically, it's okay for us to continue going to our Klan meetings as long as we denounce the things that are said there?

Old 03-18-2008, 01:29 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,804 times
I listened to the entire speech. I have been thinking about it for a while and to tell you the truth this speech was absolutely terrible. Sure he can talk, but his message to me was clear. He did not seperate himself from this hateful racist man. So, does he believe the untruths this man has spoken about?

Now more then before I believe Obama has lied to us. Just 2 days ago he said he has never heard these types of speeches from Rev. Wright. Today, he said that he has in the past heard Rev. Wright make some very controversial speeches.

He even put dirt on his own grandma while not one time calling out this racist pig pastor. So it was wrong for his own grandmother to state her own opinion but yet it is ok for this pastor to preach and teach hate?

This man is terrible, he is not a leader, he is not the answer to our problems, he is a divider and not a uniter, he does not have the skills to unite us all as he keeps saying he can. I was fooled by this man for a long time, no longer will I be fooled by someone who has hidden hate in his heart and has been taught by his mentor Rev. Wright to hate all whites and to find a way to get them back.

If he is such as leader then why has he not changed Rev Wrights thoughts over 20 years, he said himself that this pastor has 50 years of hate and anger built up when the facts show us that allot has changed in 50 years and in fact it has changed so much that many self responsibile blacks in our country have indeed risen above and became very successful people and not one them give the excuse that any rich white man held them down. That excuse is lame people, I am sick of hearing it. We are all born to problems unless your family is a Walton or someone. It's you, it's your responsibility to find a way to become a success in your own life, stop blaming others for your failures and you can become successful.

When Obama stated that others are to blame for the black families becoming what they are today, No Mr. Obama, its is their fault, its not anyone elses fault. Many and the records are clear, many black men want to have babies but seem to forget that it comes with a responsibility that you seem to not want to take care of. Many black women are trying to raise their children on their own because the majority of men will not do their job! Obama is now saying that black families are falling apart because of other reasons then what the truth is.

He also is trying to make a point that you are a racist if you even talk about this issue. He is dead wrong. I am not a racist and know who is, that pastor is a perfect example of what a real racist is. In Fact is should be made into an example of what you do not want to be when you grow up.

Why is it people like Luis Farakan, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and others can run around the country stirring people and causing trouble and blaming rich whites like they do for all the black communities problems and others cannot talk about the fact that this racist pig pastor who teaches young blacks to hate all whites is not allowed? Racism is not just black, is comes in all colors. These people teach others how to hate and get away with it.

Only now we get to see what a real racist does, and the sad part is one of his fellow friends who he mentors and gives guidance to is running for the most powerful job in the world. this pastor couldnt give guidance to anyone. He is a bad influence on kids and America and if he doesn't like it here he can leave.

We have all been fooled by this man and it is coming to light. I believe that Obama and his wife are racist, but they are well educated enough not to be caught in believing it.

This is a sad day in American when you are a racist for calling someone out on what is really racist.

Mr. Obama has now called this racist pig a friend, a mentor and looks to him for guidance. He has "not" called him out on his wrongful comments.

Do we really need someone like this running our country? I say no ! I am crossing over from my party and voting for McCain. At least he is not a racist who will divide the country even further then is already is.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:51 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,013,217 times
Since when do we hold one person accountable for what another a$$hat says.. just because he is your preacher? How would you all feel if, your preacher said some crappy stuff and everyone held you accountable for it? Come on yall wake up.. put yourself in his shoes. He didnt say this crap.. I am not an Obama follower.. but sheesh .. lets rate him on what he can do.. not on what a moron said during a sermon that had nothing to do with Obama. All of us here have our right to speak what we want to say.. should we hold the presidential candidates accountable for what we are saying on here?

Come on America.. wake up and smell the coffee.. vote for the right person to get into office.. to make changes for us to help survive this crap we are going through.. Dont vote because his mother's uncle's cousin had an affair with billy bob's brother's little sister. Who cares.. most everyone pointing the finger in this forum has been in the church and listened to racist crap come from a preacher. In some shape or form.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections