Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 08:02 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,271,932 times

Advertisements

should i report her for personal abuse ?? hmmm

so he shots a white guy and an indian; how is that racist towards whites?

Old 03-19-2008, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly blogger View Post
He is no Colin Powell!

Powell was a puppet who got what he deserved for playing the scapeggoat to the white master

Old 03-19-2008, 08:08 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,872,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
should i report her for personal abuse ?? hmmm

so he shots a white guy and an indian; how is that racist towards whites?
You will always spin everything. Black gangbangers tend to shoot those of other races who are oppressing them, right? That's what gangs are about...gaining power since they feel so oppressed and held down. I don't care what you think about me...report me all you want. I'm ignoring you from now on. You have absolutely nothing useful to say on any topic. At least some Obama supporters on here actually post comments that don't make me think all his supporters are like the idiots in Waco who'll follow him no matter how much bad stuff comes out surrounding his character.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:15 AM

if we talk about character , NO americans will ever be elected prez !! LOL

Old 03-19-2008, 08:22 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,144,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
It's like talking to a wall. Some people are so ate up with him that they'll excuse any behavior. It's like standing outside on a nice sunny day and some tells you no it's not nice, it's raining. God help us all.....
At this point, I don't have to excuse anything. I have to seek out the entire speech because I have read only quotations so far, but what I've read is, I believe, almost exactly what I would've said if I were him.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:44 AM

474 posts, read 602,106 times
Expat007: Maybe so, but when Colin Powell recognized that his co-workers were doing things he could not endorse, he resigned. Obama schmoozed over the Pastor's horrible curses against this country. He did not ask the Pastor to resign from his campaign as an advisor. Don't make excuses for Obama. He further divided the country into classes and possible internal strife. My four brothers fought for this country in three wars. They were a lot poorer than Obama was. There were no grandmothers or family network for us. We were all foster children, didn't meet our youngest brother until he was eighteen and came looking for us. We grew up during the depression, our father died at 38 years old from a heart attack and our mother was seriously ill. We were placed in other homes. The youngest was taken by a neighbor who changed his name. So, you can imagine the joy when we met him for the first time when he came looking for his siblings. None of us were ever bitter about the deal we got from life. Actually, we were grateful our parents migrated to a country where we were given a haven, were able to grow up, educate ourselves, serve our country and be loyal to it in all situations. Obama is everything we were not! My brothers became successful and were always grateful we grew up in America. Life was too easy for Obama. High iSchool in the wealthiest county in Hawaii, Harvard Law School? Who paid for his education? Who paid for Michele's Princeton University education? I don't begrudge them for their successes in life, but they ought to praise the country that gave them those opportunities.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:48 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,872,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly blogger View Post
Expat007: Maybe so, but when Colin Powell recognized that his co-workers were doing things he could not endorse, he resigned. Obama schmoozed over the Pastor's horrible curses against this country. He did not ask the Pastor to resign from his campaign as an advisor. Don't make excuses for Obama. He further divided the country into classes and possible internal strife. My four brothers fought for this country in three wars. They were a lot poorer than Obama was. There were no grandmothers or family network for us. We were all foster children, didn't meet our youngest brother until he was eighteen and came looking for us. We grew up during the depression, our father died at 38 years old from a heart attack and our mother was seriously ill. We were placed in other homes. The youngest was taken by a neighbor who changed his name. So, you can imagine the joy when we met him for the first time when he came looking for his siblings. None of us were ever bitter about the deal we got from life. Actually, we were grateful our parents migrated to a country where we were given a haven, were able to grow up, educate ourselves, serve our country and be loyal to it in all situations. Obama is everything we were not! My brothers became successful and were always grateful we grew up in America. Life was too easy for Obama. High iSchool in the wealthiest county in Hawaii, Harvard Law School? Who paid for his education? Who paid for Michele's education? I don't begrudge them for their successes in life, but they ought to praise the country that gave them those opportunities.

Great Post! It's great things worked out so well for you and your brothers.

I am also sick of hearing about him growing up without his father and having it rough. Whatever! I lost my mother at 2. I didn't have the benefit of the education he had although I did go to college, it wasn't Harvard! Obama and his skank of a wife have no idea how it really is in middle class America. And before anyone says it, Hillary hasn't said she knows so don't bother.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:58 AM

speaking from an overseas perspective: how childish is that!!

americans should get slapped all around for being the big crying babies they are, and to think they want to export their crazy brand of democracy overseas !!

Old 03-19-2008, 09:03 AM

474 posts, read 602,106 times
Thanks Austin Mom: On the day I arrived in the Legislature in my state,( now retired after 26 years) I looked around and said aloud, " My God, it is true, anybody can come here, what a great country." One of the first things I accomplished was to spearhead the creation of the first Foster Kid Caucus in the country. Other legislators who had similar experiences joined in the effort and the Caucus evolved into a Special Legislative Committee on Foster Care. Today, in our state, foster kids who keep up their secondary school grades are assisted substantially to enroll in our public colleges. We changed many laws regarding placement and investigations of abuse against foster kids. One day, when one of our foster kid colleagues was appointed to a powerful position, i said to him. " I know your life was difficult , but do you understand that this is the moment for which you were born and suffered so much as a child?" That year, many laws were changed and budget items favored children. It is not as though I relish criticizing Obama, but we need someone at Federal level who wants to serve all of us, no matter the color or station in life. My grandson was a fullback at Princeton, but we never let him forget the sacrifices that got him there. Cold Cash saved by my daughter and her husband. Obama needs more experience in listening not only to the Pastor but to those he wishes to rule..us!

Old 03-19-2008, 09:08 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,811,178 times
Okay, lets get real people. Whether you are white, black or latino, this country is run by rich White Men. Look at the % that makes up the judicial, executive, and legislative branches. I don't think there is anything racist about this statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections