Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 01:20 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunvixen View Post
I keep hearing this on the radio, but nobody seems to know. I would imagine if he did NOT, somebody would have stated that my NOW, but I hate to jump to conclusions, Obama's church did give the Anti-American, Anti-Semitic Louis Farrakhan a LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Wrong forum. What does this have to do with elections?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 02:45 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Now just what exactly would that prove? I guess you know that Obama and Farrakhan have lived less than a mile from each other for at least a decade. Maybe they met at Pick 'n Pay.

Maybe at the mosque ? Why all the secrets this president keeps from us ? If he didnt want people to suspect him why not come out and tell America who he is ? No records of passports, education transcripes, or long term b-certificate . What he hiding ? Why did he spend 2 milion of his own money to hide all this ?

Old 03-29-2010, 06:50 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Maybe at the mosque ? Why all the secrets this president keeps from us ? If he didnt want people to suspect him why not come out and tell America who he is ? No records of passports, education transcripes, or long term b-certificate . What he hiding ? Why did he spend 2 milion of his own money to hide all this ?
holy cow

Old 03-30-2010, 06:36 PM

412 posts, read 405,020 times
They've probably seen eachother in passing, as prominent city figures often do, but I doubt there has ever been a formal meeting.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:22 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Save our America View Post
There are very good and well educated White people in the united states. That said most are using this healthcare to show who they really are. I mean really some of these same people sat around as George Bush almost single handed bankrupted the country and said nothing.

Why are you blaming Bush for what Barney Frank was and still is in control of.

When did it all start to fall apart?

As chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, beginning in 2007, Frank "sits at the center of power"

Once control shifted to the Democrats, Frank was able to help guide both the Federal Housing Reform Act (H.R. 1427) and the Mortgage Reform and Anti-Predatory Lending Act (H.R. 3915) to passage in 2007.[53] Frank also said that the Republican-led Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act of 1999, which repealed part of the Glass–Steagall Act of 1933 and removed the wall between commercial and investment banks, which contributed to the financial meltdown.

In an interview quoted in the New York Times, Barney Frank acknowledged supporting the continual increase of FHA loans despite an unprecedented rise in defaults: "I don't think it's a bad thing that the bad loans occurred," he said. "It was an effort to keep prices from falling too fast.

So, Blame Bush all you want. Try to educate yourself on the cause and where the finger really points.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:50 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatermelonRat View Post
They've probably seen eachother in passing, as prominent city figures often do, but I doubt there has ever been a formal meeting.
I've seen Farrakhan on the street in the neighborhood, so it is surely possible.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:09 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
Do you guys realize this thread is over 2 years old??

But if we really must revisit it. . .

Obama Decries Farrakhan Statements | 44 | washingtonpost.com

"I decry racism and anti-Semitism in every form and strongly condemn the anti-Semitic statements made by Minister Farrakhan," Obama said in the statement. "I assume that Trumpet Magazine made its own decision to honor Farrakhan based on his efforts to rehabilitate ex-offenders, but it is not a decision with which I agree."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections